Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 01-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Newbie ;)

:D

Hi,

This is my first post, and I thank you all involved in letting me join this forum. One of the reasons that I've posted this is to see if someone who thinks and feels like I do will respond to this post. I'll introduce myself by saying that I was born and/or created to love myself, and one of the ways that I do this is to treat others as I would want to be treated.

An example of how I would want to be treated is to be told facts because facts are reliable, and I love reliability, but I've been seeing and hearing an abundance of information from other people that show their lack of self-love. The following statement (S) is an example of this type of information: "You get what you pay for." I'll post my thoughts about S as an introduction to how I think:

I've seen S posted by more than one person on a website (I’ll call it Web), but because I haven’t even once needed to pay a fee to read any information on Web, people who post S on Web are contradicting themselves by proving that S is false. The reason is that S implies that the value and quality of something are determined by its price, so the higher its price, the higher its quality.

If this were true, then any time that I read S on a website without paying anything to access it, I would be paying $0 to read S; therefore, the value of S would be $0, so its quality would be zero, which means that its reliability would also be zero. Any statement that has a proven reliability of zero is false, so if S were true, then it would be false.

This would be like someone telling me that I would get paid if I were to do some work, but after I do the work, I learn that I won’t get paid. I'll explain it another way: the people who post S on Web as though S were true are implying that S has reliability, but when I do the work of thinking about S and the situation that it's posted in, I learn that S has no reliability.

When I love myself, I apply my reasoning to all things that I say so I can decide if I would want to be told these things by someone else. I wouldn't want anyone I love to tell me something like S because saying it shows a lack of reliability and therefore a lack of trustworthiness, and I don't like or love to be around people who can't be relied on or trusted.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoForMe
Hi,

This is my first post, and I thank you all involved in letting me join this forum. One of the reasons that I've posted this is to see if someone who thinks and feels like I do will respond to this post. I'll introduce myself by saying that I was born and/or created to love myself, and one of the ways that I do this is to treat others as I would want to be treated.

An example of how I would want to be treated is to be told facts because facts are reliable, and I love reliability, but I've been seeing and hearing an abundance of information from other people that show their lack of self-love. The following statement (S) is an example of this type of information: "You get what you pay for." I'll post my thoughts about S as an introduction to how I think:

I've seen S posted by more than one person on a website (I’ll call it Web), but because I haven’t even once needed to pay a fee to read any information on Web, people who post S on Web are contradicting themselves by proving that S is false. The reason is that S implies that the value and quality of something are determined by its price, so the higher its price, the higher its quality.

If this were true, then any time that I read S on a website without paying anything to access it, I would be paying $0 to read S; therefore, the value of S would be $0, so its quality would be zero, which means that its reliability would also be zero. Any statement that has a proven reliability of zero is false, so if S were true, then it would be false.

This would be like someone telling me that I would get paid if I were to do some work, but after I do the work, I learn that I won’t get paid. I'll explain it another way: the people who post S on Web as though S were true are implying that S has reliability, but when I do the work of thinking about S and the situation that it's posted in, I learn that S has no reliability.

When I love myself, I apply my reasoning to all things that I say so I can decide if I would want to be told these things by someone else. I wouldn't want anyone I love to tell me something like S because saying it shows a lack of reliability and therefore a lack of trustworthiness, and I don't like or love to be around people who can't be relied on or trusted.
I'm going to have to agree in part, that is if we take S as being untrue we can then accept it due to another extreme which is "sometimes you get what you didnt pay for" whether it be something of a bonus(positive or negative) or whether it being something thats lacking in expectation of value(positive or negative). Other variables will need to be considered imo. I would consider what was on offer, who is offering/giving it and who is receiving it and comparing it to other similar offers. Just saying.
Now that Ive somewhat agreed with you I have to put out there how I would disagree with you. You may say you spent no $ for looking up S on Web, and this also could be true if you didnt have to. Pay for your electricity/Internet connection and I would say time and attention but Im unsure what you're worth(money wise). That's another discussion.
I'm sure there's other scenarios too. Arohanui.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Your Reply is a Gift

Hi AHIYAH,

I thank you for replying. I know that S is false, so I accept it as false. I politely disagree that "sometimes you get what you didnt pay for" is an extremity because "sometimes" indicates that the reliability only exists sometimes but not at other times, so if I say that on a scale of 0 to 100, 0 = 0% reliability and 100 = 100% reliability, then what number does "sometimes" equal? If I think of the extremes on this scale as 0 and 100, then sometimes must be a number that's between 0 and 100 but not equal to either of them, so I wouldn't think that "sometimes" is an extreme.

I remember that each time that I read S when it was posted by someone else, it was posted as part of a product review by someone who had used a product, so the focus was on the price paid to get the product, not on anything else such as electricity or Internet provider.

Do you believe that karma exists? I do, and I've done enough irresponsible, hurtful, harmful, and disrespectful things and experienced the consequences from having done these things to understand that I 100% earn everything that I get and/or experience.

I must thank you again for your reply because I remember that when I did think in the ways that you've described, I did these things because I doubted myself and my abilities, and I felt unworthy of some things but entitled to others. I've 100% earned your reply, I thank you for this gift, and I'm completely worthy of it.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Master
hi IDoForMe.
i can understand what you're saying here, but i don't believe that i feel like you do.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi H:O:R:A:C:E,

I thank you for your reply. I love to collect, remember, and repeatedly analyze information, and you've given me more than one thing that I've used to improve my mood. =D
Old 01-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear soul

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Just stopping by and saying hi. You are loved and cared about by God Goddess angels and many lightworkers and others too.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoForMe
Hi AHIYAH,

I thank you for replying. I know that S is false, so I accept it as false. I politely disagree that "sometimes you get what you didnt pay for" is an extremity because "sometimes" indicates that the reliability only exists sometimes but not at other times, so if I say that on a scale of 0 to 100, 0 = 0% reliability and 100 = 100% reliability, then what number does "sometimes" equal? If I think of the extremes on this scale as 0 and 100, then sometimes must be a number that's between 0 and 100 but not equal to either of them, so I wouldn't think that "sometimes" is an extreme.

I remember that each time that I read S when it was posted by someone else, it was posted as part of a product review by someone who had used a product, so the focus was on the price paid to get the product, not on anything else such as electricity or Internet provider.

Do you believe that karma exists? I do, and I've done enough irresponsible, hurtful, harmful, and disrespectful things and experienced the consequences from having done these things to understand that I 100% earn everything that I get and/or experience.

I must thank you again for your reply because I remember that when I did think in the ways that you've described, I did these things because I doubted myself and my abilities, and I felt unworthy of some things but entitled to others. I've 100% earned your reply, I thank you for this gift, and I'm completely worthy of it.
We Maori have a saying that is now used among New Zealanders also and it's "Yeah Nah Bro". As in I do agree with you and Nah I don't agree with you. That would come down to the context and even that wouldn't stop both answers being correct simultaneously. To get my perceptions realised within myself I usually head for the usual and at the least two seemingly opposing extremes.
Now about the scale you brought up I will agree that sometimes you get what you didn't pay for, sometimes being the scale between 0 - 100 and true as I see it atm cannot be equal to either. What you received for what you did not initially pay for would be a 100 % bonus(positive or negative) which is what I would've put the scale to and not the frequency it happens. To each their own.
Karma? Excuse my ignorance Im thinking this is possibly from Hinduism or Buddhism or both which possibly lines up with the "You reap what you sow".
Heres the thing about the "receiving something that you did not initially pay for" it can be seen as a success in that what if it was supposed to be part of the original package as the circumstances and or awareness allows.
Lets just say with all the wrongs Ive done in the past and have learned by, by rights I should've been punished alot more but I think the circumstances has a part to play. A person that can Identify where and when they went wrong that caused a bigger problem has indeed learned a lesson. A person that can Identify a potential problem through certain actions has indeed learned a greater lesson. Knowledge of the first brings about understanding the second. Wisdom in this context is how it is conveyed/taught/used imo.
So yes I do know of Karma happening but again I am not educated in Hinduism or Buddhism to comment on Karma like they would.
You know Im not only disagreeing with you but I am also agreeing with you. Yeah Nah Bro/Sis. This is what it has come to and Im sure you'd agree. As a responsible human being I choose to BE acceptable for whatever comes my way. I am of the non violent type so I will approach what ever it is in that manner.
I thank you for you making this thread and for replying to me. This is definitely helping me in my Spiritual walk through the Generations. And you're welcome. Be Blessed/Gifted. I admire those that are strong enough to disagree with each other in a peaceful manner.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Guide
Hello, sweetie!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Guide
Greetings,
Welcome most to forums.