Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 26-04-2015, 08:52 AM
membal

keeping lip balms firm in the warmer months

Recently I made a bunch of home made lip balms and hey turned out great, with a beautiful scent, very moisturizing(and no waxy coating that some lip balms can have) penetrating quickly and deeply and no need to reapply any for quite some time, and gave them to friends and family..Now that it is warming up I have heard back that a couple of them have kind of dissolved or melted. With my own I have not found that, but obviously in the next few months it is going to get a lot hotter so I was wondering if there were any tips people might have to counter this? thanks a lot! oh yeah ,the ingredients I used were beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E Oil, honey and essential oil of Vanilla..
Old 26-04-2015, 01:53 PM
I would play with shea butter ...and cocoa butter...less coconut oil
and a drop more beeswax.
See what you think...of course if left in a very hot car they get very soft.
Pockets ...no.
But they don't 'melt' away and turn into a runny, liquid mess or anything.
Let us know.

On second thought...you've probably already thought of this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Something to stabilise it might be useful, like beeswax. Like Miss H, said, cocoa butter is a good ingredient. But beeswax will stay more stable at warmer temperatures. You'll have to experiment with ingredients.
Or you could put the lip balms into tiny pots instead of lipstick-shapes? So it wouldn't matter so much if they melted slightly?
Many companies present lip balms in pots. That would be quite nice. You might be able to get a supplier of those tiny pots on ebay or somewhere...
Old 29-04-2015, 01:46 PM
membal

Miss Hepburn and Tobi thanks a lot for your advice on this...and you were right Miss Hepburn, I did realise myself that I need to ease off on the coconut oil(just have to look at how the consistency of it changes through the seasons)..I will play with it a bit and mix things up and the tiny pots are a good idea as well Tobi..Planning to make another batch in a week or so will let you know how my tweaking of the recipe went!
Old 04-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Seeker

I've made lip balms with jojoba & carrot oil mixed with the beeswax. It helps it to stop the balm solidifying. x