Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 20-09-2014, 03:44 AM
Raven Poet

New to scrying - copper bowl and water?

Hi there. I am new to this topic of divination. I visited a crystal shop today, and as I was talking with the woman there, she mentioned something called scrying. When I asked about it, she said one way was to get a copper bowl, fill it with water, sit in a darkened room with a few candles for ambient light, and peer into the water to see ... what I need to see.

Has anyone else heard of this? I was interested in the copper bowl part, because years ago I met the Goddess Ishtar through a dream. She told me I needed to put some items in my medicine bundle and one of those items was copper.

Do I just stare into the water? Is there anything else I can do to help the process? Thanks for any guidance you might be able to offer!
Old 20-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Guide
Hi Raven,
I can't offer any advice on scrying, though I am seriously thinking about trying it. :) I can however say that copper is considered a very good conductor in the arts of divination. Hope this helps.
Old 21-09-2014, 03:29 AM
Master

I've not heard of using a copper bowl before - maybe it works, I don't know - the usual way is with a black bowl. You can get a black bowl pretty well anywhere, or if not you can paint a glass bowl black. And if you can get rain water that is supposed to be best.

Few people have anything shown to them the first few times, you will need practice, practice and have patience. As well, the things you see will be in the language of symbols so you'll need to know what certain symbols mean for you so you can interpret.

Good luck with it,
Jenny Crow
Old 24-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Raven Poet

To Sundancer: Thank you for sharing! Hey, are you a Sundancer in the sense of praying for 4 days without water or food at the Sacred Tree of Life? Just curious! If so, where do you go for ceremony? I am not a Sundancer but have attended them as a helper for 5 years - its a beautiful ceremony and so full of miracles and healing.

To my Cousin, Jenny Crow - just a black bowl, huh? Okay! I will try that too. It just all caught my attention when I was talking to the woman in the crystal shop. I have a lovely black bowl ... and I will gather rain water next time it rains - makes sense to use such a strong element as that. Thanks!
Old 24-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Experiencer
If you want to use a copper bowl, you can always just add a few drops of ink to the water to darken it up. I've heard that this is just one of many ways to do it, but I think that the darker water (by bowl, or other means) makes it easier to see the shapes and images that come to light.

I wouldn't really take my word for it, I am --at best-- a by the seat of my pants diviner. It is just what I have heard.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Guide
Scrying can be done with anything. Typically people that do it a lot talk about using crystal balls, black mirrors, water in a bowl. These will work but you don't have to use them. You can simply stare/scry at a tree, clouds or other things with intricate patterns. As you stare, your minds eye will start to form images in the patterns that make up what you are looking at. When you look at a cloud or tree long enough, you may start to see images appear, like faces, animals, swirling patterns, etc. The more you can get into a trance state and see with your peripherals (not focusing with your two eyes), the more vivid and animated the images become.

The most intense scrying experience I had was after my dog passed whom I loved very much. I was thinking about Jasmine (my dog) while staring at the top of my crystal skull I own. I felt my self entering a deep trance as I was meditating on the memories we had. The entire time I was staring at the crystal skull. Like usual the ridge patterns in the crystal started to morph into an image. It was jasmines face and it was slightly protruding from the crystal. It was a perfect image (color and detail were exact). I held that image for as long as I could focus. It was great and made me feel like I was still connected to her.
Old 25-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
I was interested in the copper bowl part
i can second Aki's post on using ink (black) in any container. It doesn't even have to be a bowl.

The copper is probably a con because it costs more than a plastic bowl.

Note: The image you might see can summarize your life from childhood to your late 50's and it might take 15 years (after seeing the image) before you reach a certain part of your life where you suddenly realize that the previous 25 years has just fallen into place. So don't expect instant results.
Old 29-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Knower

I was surprised when I tried to scry at few stones, one looked like clear light grey wall of humid droplets and all condensed onto mirror without reflection. This was through a "metallic like gold polished stone with pits all over." Not a pyrite.

And another I thought I could track black spot around with a optical clear calcite.

Both times I was "remote viewing" though both crystals onto something else as scrying tool and these items is not in my possession either.

Stonecollector