Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Experiencer
Exclamation Love spell with dead hummingbird

I'm not sure if I have the right section of the forum but I was curious about this and wanted to know if it was a real thing.

First off, I would never kill a hummingbird, I think that is wrong on soooo many levels.

Secondly I don't need a love spell, I have a wonderful girlfriend of over 16 years.

I just heard about this years ago and was wondering if people actually do that and it's a real thing. I have several hummingbirds we feed on a daily basis and they are great company, they are always coming to visit. Needless to say they are extremely beautiful as well. If anyone ever tried to do anything with our hummingbirds I would be very tempted to do the same to them.

I know nothing of these sorts like you guys do, and yes I am very much ignorant...but I think anyone that does this would be a very sick depraved individual...no offense to any sick depraved individuals out there
Old 12-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Seeker

Personally, I haven't heard of this but it could very well be practiced in some cultures. I've mostly heard of love spells using pink or green candles and representations of the elements. I've never tried to cast a love spell because it contradicts my spiritual beliefs and I'm also not into the idea of killing hummingbirds but there are so many types of magic coming from so many different cultures and beliefs that it can help to look at it almost from an anthropological perspective.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Master
You might be confusing this with the chuparrosa love spell in hoodoo which uses the symbol of the hummingbird and has an incantation about a hummingbird to represent love, sex, and marriage. The purpose of the spell is to instill loyalty, trust, and clear communication in an existing relationship.
Old 13-09-2016, 06:56 AM
55Degrees

@Crystal canuck.
Yes it's true, hummingbirds were traditionally used in voodoo magick for love spells. Personally I couldn't harm an animal for any reason and certainly not to ensnare someone for 'love'.
Old 15-09-2016, 05:01 AM
Experiencer
Ah so it's true then. Boy there are some weird people out there. I guess it's about as sad as some Asian cultures using rhino horn for so called medicine. The hummingbird thing hit hard for me because I can't imagine anyone doing that to such a pure symbol of god's love ( or whatever energy you believe in ) there must be a special place in the afterlife for someone like that.
Old 23-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Experiencer
It's possible. Animal and human sacrificing was intended for all purposes of occult-like things, even in the Bible.

It's less common now because it is not necessary at all. No, not because Jesus died for our sins, but because it is barbaric and inhuman, and most of the world has woken up to how wrong it is.

Witch doctors and necromancers still practice these things.

In Africa, albinos are murdered and hacked for their body parts to sell to the voodoo priest/priestess for large sums of money because they believe that using albinos' in magick work brings good luck and such.
Old 23-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Guide

I just had someone on instagram follow my account who claimed to be a "spiritual healer." They had a picture of sacrificed chickens on their account for the purpose of voodoo spells. They also had some pretty gruesome looking voodoo dolls… either way I blocked them. I don't want that kind of a person following me.