Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-08-2015, 03:52 AM
Guide

Tyrant God

I've struggled with whether I believe in God throughout my life, believing at some points and not believing (or telling myself that I didn't believe) at others. After my so-called "awakening" about 4 years ago, I realized that the truth was that I believed. It may be delusional, but I believe so that's how I have to operate.

It's been occurring to me lately that the god that I know as God, the one I've prayed to and asked things of is not like the god that I was taught, which happens to be the one from Christianity. He's not all-loving, but is in fact a tyrant with no interest in my happiness or well-being and this is further evidenced by the suffering that exists around the world at all times.

I'm wondering if anyone else's inquiry has ever taken them down this path.
Old 21-08-2015, 04:26 AM
Suspended
Master

I think of it a little differently. We find ourselves on this planet with all of this stuff and have no idea what or who is behind it all. We die and find ourselves in the astral world (non-physical dimension where we go out of body) and there also, we really have no idea what or who is behind it all. My theory is we all started out in the astral world. Then, it was us who by learning how to manipulate energy in various ways created this physical dimension to merge our non-physical consciousness with. The physical world is basically a video game, a virtual reality we created while in non-physical form. We "incarnate" here in physical bodies to learn and grow and experience "reality" in a new way.

Now adding more detail. The astral or energy world is not like the physical earth. The energy dimensions are stratified based on the vibrational frequency of the energy life forms. In other words, the astral world is made up of levels. A being can advance in spirituality and thus increase their vibrational level. By doing this, they move up into higher and higher realms. Higher developed beings assist lower ones in order to keep the family of astral beings advancing. The entire astral world is designed to assist energy beings to advance. This kind of relates to you calling "GOD" a tyrant. But actually, beings naturally want to advance. So tyrant probably not a good word. It's like how a child wants to be a grown up. We naturally want to see what's higher.

Ok now that I mentioned God, this "being" is called "the source" in the astral world. This source is what is behind the collective of which we belong. We are all the same energy "species." We are a group that are all the source. The source is more evident and can be felt or known in various ways in the astral world and also those who move up in the astral world experience the source in greater and more profound ways. I know you called "GOD" a tyrant based on what happens here on earth but really, other than being our source, it had nothing to do with earths creation. But then who knows how much the higher beings in our family manipulate the lower beings like us. Suffering exists to present to us a choice. We are co-creators of our reality. Our world is like a sandbox game where we can create a lot of the content. We then experience the "game" we have created. The game is also designed to prompt us to increase in awareness and intelligence. Also, the beings in our collective do want us to be happy. This is evident in the memories people have of the time spent in the astral world.

Mother Teresa was watching some homeless people suffer one day and the thought occurred to her, "Why does God allow people to suffer like this and do nothing?" Her next thought changed her future. She thought, "Wait a minute, if we are all god then why do I do nothing?" She then devoted her life to helping the sick and the poor.
Old 21-08-2015, 04:34 AM
Suspended

I might be able to offer you a perspective BurningBush. About five years ago I started a journey into different spiritual experiences that ended with a few miracles. I also come from a Catholic background which I still very much retain. Here is how I have come to make sense of the God I love and how he is portrayed in the Old Testament. (this position might be controversial but it is my genuine conclusion).

When it comes to the Old Testament, I look at it as reflections on the Jewish God Yahweh. The book is challenging in that it presents a very pessimistic image of the Jewish people and their relationship with Yahweh. I am not Jewish but what I take away from the book are all the problems that would occur if the wrong types of people were to be given miracles and were to be designated as chosen.

For example, the Old Testament book of Judges is all about how the Israelite is given miracles on call so long as they can keep their promises and live under the law and the book ends up in anarchy when the conclusion of the people is to game the law and do what they want. So, from there is a subtle implication that if this were to ever happen again then the same would result and I honestly do agree. Well, if a Fundamentalist Christian received a miracle he would just be more dogmatic. Or, if an atheist is given a miracle he may run to a false teacher because he doesn't have a strong foundation in theology.

Now, the New Testament is something different. It is a completely different book and is very critical of the Old Testament. My favorite Gospel is the Gospel and the Gospel of Mark which are very critical of Old Testament ways and the Jewish people. My interpretation of the Christ--this will get disagreements--is that he was the Son of God who came to Earth to give us a shot and just so happened to choose the Jewish people as his race because there really were no other options.

Could the Christ have been Roman? Could the Christ have been Samaritan? Could the Christ have been Zarathustrian? Could the Christ have been Buddhist? Could the Christ have been Hindu? If you meditate on all the different people the Christ could have been you too will conclude the Jewish people were his only option. None of those other groups had a manner of conceptualizing him. If you want me to help with this thought exercise ask and I will show why it would have been impossible for him to be anyone other than the race he chose.

With this conclusion is the Christ was exposing people to the True God through his thoughts and actions in a world of false of Gods that had no way to conceptualize the True God. Is God Jewish or the Christ Jewish...well, no...even the Christ says, "I am before Abraham was." That is just his only option on Earth.

I will start there. When it comes to the Bible the books I pay most attention to are the Gospels, the Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles of John, Peter and James. The reason I pay attention only to those books is books John, Peter and James were all with the Christ so they would know his teachings. I don't pay attention to Paul because he was doing something else and was as familiar with the teachings of the Christ as John, Peter, James, Mathew, Mark, and Luke.

If you look at only those books you will get a completely different perspective of Christianity than a Paulian Fundamentalist.
Old 21-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Guide

I'm aware of the differences between the way God is portrayed in the Old and New Testaments, but I'm talking about my own experience and not what is written. I was taught that God is all-loving but many times in my life, faith has only ended in heartbreak and loss. I'm sure someone will want to respond that God can sometimes love us by not giving us what we want, but what is the point of creating the desire if it's not meant to be fulfilled? Unfulfilled desire is exactly what suffering is and it's all over the place.
Old 21-08-2015, 11:55 AM
luntrusreality

There is no separate God that reigns in the sky. God is "this" - you!
Separation, from others, from nature, from God is an illusion that is self-created. Just for the excitement of playing a play. But God as an entity that reigns in the sky is not real.
Old 21-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
There is no separate God that reigns in the sky. God is "this" - you!
Separation, from others, from nature, from God is an illusion that is self-created. Just for the excitement of playing a play. But God as an entity that reigns in the sky is not real.

Maybe the illusion is the fact that you think there is such a thing as god in you....When being yourself is just being you. Nothing more to add to the picture of you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 21-08-2015, 12:03 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Maybe the illusion is the fact that you think there is such a thing as god in you....When being yourself is just being you. Nothing more to add to the picture of you.

No there is no "God in me".
There would still be a "me" and a "God".
There is JUST God. Everything is God (=consciousness).
There is no "I", there is no "You".
Old 21-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
No there is no "God in me".
There would still be a "me" and a "God".
There is JUST God. Everything is God (=consciousness).
There is no "I", there is no "You".

God is a label
Everything just is. So as you apply god and consciousness to what just is, your only being human and thinking you need too.
At the point of letting go of everything as having a name, you are aware of everything just being itself. Nothing more.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 21-08-2015, 12:13 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
God is a label
Everything just is. So as you apply god and consciousness to what just is, your only being human and thinking you need too.
At the point of letting go of everything as having a name, you are aware of everything just being itself. Nothing more.

So "being itself" is just another word for God, Consciousness, "Nothingness", Nirvana.
You can't deny that there is "existence", "something", "experience".
The denial itself would be an experience.

The attempt to name it ,which is impossible, is just an attempt. Not something that is believed to succeed.
So it doesn't matter whether you call it life or God or whatever.
No word can name "this".
Old 21-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
So "being itself" is just another word for God, Consciousness, "Nothingness", Nirvana.
You can't deny that there is "existence", "something", "experience".
The denial itself would be an experience.

The attempt to name it ,which is impossible, is just an attempt. Not something that is believed to succeed.
So it doesn't matter whether you call it life or God or whatever.
No word can name "this".

I am not denying anything.
I am simply stating that everything just is, where you applied god is consciousness.
What we apply to what is being itself in everything being itself is the human construct for the purpose of being human trying to articulate what just is.

Everything came from nothing. :)