Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Posted by Sky

Faith and belief in God is not of the mind. It goes deeper.'

I asked.....
Goes deeper where ?

You answered....
The idea of everything comes from the mind.

You are contradicting yourself

Of course everything comes from the mind as I said.

You asked Goes deeper where?

And Honza actually answered "Soul, spirit".

He did not answer you "The idea of everything comes from the mind", in his first response to your question. He answered "Soul, spirit...." So why has not this been addressed?

Yes Honza, I agree that God, can not be understood by logic alone.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

He did not answer you "The idea of everything comes from the mind", in his first response to your question. He answered "Soul, spirit...." So why has not this been addressed?

Thank you.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

What has not been addressed? Honza doesn't believe in a real God so it's difficult to hold a conversation regarding God with an unbeliever.

Quote Honza.... 'But I still find myself wishing there was a *real* God up there in the heavens '
Old 11-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What has not been addressed? Honza doesn't believe in a real God so it's difficult to hold a conversation regarding God with an unbeliever.

Quote Honza.... 'But I still find myself wishing there was a *real* God up there in the heavens '

I was wondering your thoughts on what Honza said regards viewing God, or better put the thought of a consciousness- or the one in everything/ everyone, the all, from a place of "spirit/ soul" as opposed to as in an intellectual sense only?

I was merely wondering your views on this Sky?

For me it is that when I meditate, I feel closer with that All, or that One in everything.

So for me viewing God in a sense of Spirit/ or Soul, is not as difficult as people would think it is.

Striving to meditate, does no good, or striving to feel something, one simply does not.

People expect or assume these things are harder than they are.

I was wondering simply, your thoughts in regard to the Soulful or Spiritful view of the Lord?

As opposed the intellectual conjecture view that many find themselves stuck on?
Old 12-07-2018, 01:25 AM
Master
My take is that 'understanding' can go beyond the mind. You can understand with the heart or with the soul. You don't have to be stuck in the mind.

In my opinion people are composed of a heart, mind, body and soul. It is not just a 'mind/real self' equation.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

In my opinion people are composed of a heart, mind, body and soul. It is not just a 'mind/real self' equation.

the "SOUL" is a LIVING "BODY"/Person. i felt the need to add this, since MANY are taught that the "SOUL" is something different from the body ,(Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). concerning knowledge of God, man can help one mentally say there is a God. but it's Jehovah who puts in one's heart to believe he exist. MANY have said that they believe in a higher being, but that's where it ends. they believe NO ONE can get to know him, which is untrue. I posted before a verse in which Jesus says ,it means life that we come to know him and his Father. peace
Old 13-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Pathfinder

[quote=sky123]I have no intention of playing games, that idea comes from your mind only.
Every idea comes from our minds, there's no other place it can come from, 99% of our ideas actually come from outside influences such as your religion/culture/upbringing which is engraved in our minds, so the ' thing ' which you speak about also comes from the mind. Once you realize you are not your mind, your thoughts are not you then your free....SIZE]QUOTE]
Agree.
Old 13-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Master
[quote=Zeke55]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I have no intention of playing games, that idea comes from your mind only.
Every idea comes from our minds, there's no other place it can come from, 99% of our ideas actually come from outside influences such as your religion/culture/upbringing which is engraved in our minds, so the ' thing ' which you speak about also comes from the mind. Once you realize you are not your mind, your thoughts are not you then your free....SIZE]QUOTE]
Agree.

Thanks
Old 14-07-2018, 05:08 AM
Master

it isn't that you cannot understand, it is that:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

So to seek the truth about things, you have to give up on your own desire about how it IS according to yourself and other people so that you can find out how it IS according to God. And yes this takes faith because you have to start relying on ideas that have two major downsides: one you don't know how to back them up the way people like to back up their facts (and thus for example can't win arguments about it because you don't have the factual backfill required), and two you eventually find yourself disagreeing with others in some very big ways. Not a diet that agrees with people...

But this really is nothing different than what the philosophers have been saying forever: quit being so very sure you know what it is, and in return you get a slim chance of learning what it is.
Old 14-07-2018, 05:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The idea of everything comes from the mind - it does not mean it does not actually exist.

The concept of I AM is just an idea too.

You seem to sorely underestimate the mind's ability to understand anything. The mind is a means of perceiving reality. The mind perceives the soul. The mind perceives I AM.

Why do you *believe* the mind is so useless?

Ideas alone don't come from the mind.

Everything does.