Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Master
Deaths in 2016

Does it seem like there have been a lot of deaths this year, may be especially among celebrities and those in the public eye, sort of like a changing of the guard. Or maybe its just the over-reporting of news outlets and having so many various sources from which so-called “news” can be received.

I think it is a good thing, even though I offer condolences of sadness and gratitude to their surviving loved ones. I think it is a good thing because maybe it will generate more public discussion in the U.S. about death. As a child back in the 1950’s when my grandmother died I was not allowed to attend her funeral because it was in the culture which I was raised that children did not attend funerals; something about preserving their innocence, etc.

I found how Debbie Reynolds died rather interesting, if not at first taken back, that she died within a day of her daughter, and both died from natural causes as far as is now known. Debbie Reynolds voiced that she missed her daughter and wanted to be with her, and shortly died after that. I do think there is a connection. It often happens that someone will die shortly after their spouse or other closely held loved one. My brother died shortly after my mother.

All of me and my siblings traveled the world except for my one brother who stayed living with my mother, taking care of her right up to her death, and then he died shortly thereafter. That these things coincide does not merely make them a coincidence. I firmly believe that the day and time of our death is preplanned and no one dies until they are suppose to die. But how will we truly know if this is correct or not. In human form, we probably will not.

Death is like the natural balancer of population growth on this planet. Imagine if no one ever died and yet there would constantly be continual births happening on this planet. Overpopulation would happen very quickly. Of course the other side of this is the caring for another persons journey, in this world and the next. Missed loved one, or tragic events that took someone closely held.

The hardest emotional thing involving death for me was watching children die, or having to carry a dead baby in my arms, which I did as a combat medic and later a civilian ambulance EMT. Watching an autopsy was the most potent external view of death I had ever seen. An watching a child or infant autopsied could be devastating to the senses. But this is done from a very objective scientific point of view and the physical human bodies are no longer considered “people” by most who work in a morgue or perform autopsies.

In death those who externally remain share wanting feelings about those who are no longer externally with us. Death, being the great transformer, is with us every day of our lives, with every breath which we take anticipating the next breath. In my opinion death is not a good or bad thing itself, death is but a natural dramatic transformation. But it does seem to me like there has been a lot of publicly announced deaths this year; most from generations past, many whom I grew up with, and I am grateful for the positive work which most developed, shared, and left behind. R.I.P. for those, all of those in the public eye or not, who passed in 2016.
Old 29-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Master
yeah, it started to seem like there were a lot of famous people passing.
looking back, maybe not so many afterall.

the bit where you speak of death as a "natural balancer" doesn't ring true
for me. that thought seems to be externally sourced, and foisted upon us.
Old 29-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Master
Yes, many people passed away this year, my dad was one of them.
But I've seen and heard of many others in my 'network', people of all ages, including my friend's 29-year old daughter.

I think it has a lot to do with the enormous shift in energies, the ending of a cycle and beginning of a new one. I feel these souls decided to pass over at this time either because they want to incarnate afresh, or weren't able to go along with the flow of this new cycle, or want to do their work from above, as in guide and help people from there.

But yeah, 2016 has been quite the year, not just concerning people passing away.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Guide
Yea, debbie going a day after was shocking.

I feel like a similar year tons of celebrities died was whatever year michael jackson, farrah fawcet, etc died, i think 7 years ago
Old 07-01-2017, 04:53 AM
Experiencer

More baby boomers, so more celebrities = more celebrity deaths as the boomers enter the "golden years".
Old 20-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Newbie ;)

The same amount of people died including celebrities the difference is that the media is so on top of deaths so they are so publicized.
Old 23-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Pathfinder

Hi I agree with fairy crystal about the end of the old cycle and new energies coming in I have just posted about my experience of this on here, for me I think that when all that creative energy left the planet the balance had to righted again by new creative energy coming in to new people, I experienced this at the end of last year, I do however agree slightly that because we live in a media orientated world we hear about deaths more.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.
Old 24-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Newbie ;)

All part of life though, bound to happen.. I'm sure there will be alot of Deaths this year too celebrities & non celebs, but its ok, cause its part of life.. Life is great, but Death is also good as it keeps us all balanced out because for every person that is born, someone dies.. Without Death we'd really be in for a hurt as we'd be over populated..
Old 24-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Master
It is a correct obseervation that many people seem to have died in 2016 and that is becuse we lost a handful of celebrities as well. zbut death is happening all the time there is just in increase in the frequency with both celebrities and ordinary people departing. I wonder how 2017 will be like death wise.
Old 25-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Newbie ;)

I think probably the same maybe even more.. George HW Bush be one, He's looking pretty frail.. I think it will be a busy year for the Grim Reaper. aka Death