Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 23-01-2018, 04:23 AM
Knower

Reiki attunement

I wonder can an attunement be done long distant or does it have to be done in person? Also can a person do their own attunement or does it have to be done by a Reiki Master?
Old 23-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Guide

All attunements are ultimately self-attunements. If you don't belief that you are attuned then nothing the Reiki master does can attune you.

A Reiki attunement is confirmation of a specific orientation with regards to us and the universe within a system called Reiki. This orientation can be achieved by anyone, at any time, with or without the help of a master, mentor, coach, etc.
I would even go so far to say that a Reiki master's training and attunement is detrimental to achieving that orientation because too many Reiki practitioners on all levels view Reiki as a system to heal other. In truth it is first and above everything else a system to heal oneself.

The best option is therefore to get that orientation first and only then go to Reiki training so that one can translate the teacher's instruction and explanation to the proper context.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:54 AM
Knower

Thanks for the response. I have read that many charge hundreds of bucks to do attunements. I have just recently finished reading a Reiki level 1 course and he stated a person can do their own attunement.
I agree if a person believes in Reiki healing then they are attuned to it. Or they should be if they expect results from using it. We aren't the healing force anyway. As I understand it we are only the channels for Reiki energy to do its works.

If a person for instance doesn't believe in prayer having power then they shouldn't expect manifestation of the prayer. Same thing with Reiki I would think anyway.
Old 23-01-2018, 04:57 AM
Eelco

Yes it can.

From my point of view the attunement process whether up close or from a distance with a Reiki master helps to thoroughly belief that you are now capable to do what you already could.

WIth Love
Eelco
Old 23-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Hawayo Takata did some distant attunements. She was a significant Reiki teacher who brought Reiki to the West.
reikiinmedicine.org/takata-stories/takata-and-remote-initiation/

I have successfully received distant attunements to Usui Reiki and several similar systems. So it works. Just make sure to choose a competent teacher who can communicate clearly. I have also attuned myself to a couple of energy healing systems. It is more difficult than receiving attunement from a teacher. I don't recommend it to a beginner.

When you self-attune to a system, you aren't competent enough to attune others to it. There are few exceptions to this rule. I am only aware of Brett Bevell's Light of the Eternal One system.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:41 AM
Pathfinder
Open2it,

distant attunements work usually very well but it is recommended to go to reiki course because besides attunement you receive instructions from your teacher how to work well with Reiki. Good teacher can also check whether you are doing healing on you/others well. Lots of times people (even when attuned to Reiki) when doing healing are using their own energy instead of the universal one - one example - if they have a strong desire to help someone. Your teacher might help you learn how to ensure your ego doesn't step into the healing, that is very important to have absolute trust into what you are doing and letting go the energy take care of the healings with you not helping it.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Ascender
I was attuned to Reiki many times and all from a distance. There is a guy on YouTube named Brett Bevel he attunes people to Reiki there in a video and he did it through his book. He's a pretty interesting guy.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Master

It can be done long distance. It can be done by yourself. Still neither is necessary to become a world healer.