Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 AM
TesseLated

Betrayer and Being Betrayed

I have recently gone through being seriously disappointed in someone...portrayed himself as a totally different person than he actually was...Idk why people waste their time doing this...

Needless to say, I was extremely hurt. I put my trust in him. Ultimately, I realize him showing this side of himself saved me a lot of time...in caring and being with someone who was not true....For that I'm grateful.

At any rate, I saw this in my email, and it really changed the way I looked at being 'the one who was betrayed'...It has let me largely let go of feeling that I was the one who SHOULD be hurt...instead I see now that he is/was asleep....the nice way of putting it-lol.

I don't normally watch Tolle stuff...mainly b/c I don't like that he charges for his online videos...This is a free one however...and well worth a watch.

His subtitle for this: Be careful the stories the mind creates.

https://www.eckharttolletv.com/free/...rough-betrayal
Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Lorelyen

Can't let a post go completely unanswered

It's the way it is in the "mating game". I suppose we all try to present what we think is a good image when first meeting people. Some put on more of an act than others....then as they get to know someone the veneer starts to wear thin. It's right to "be yourself" on first encounter. If you are and you attracts someone they may adjust what they are to be attractive to you.

The point is, you can never know someone instantly. It's an ongoing process. May take years. So you do your best with what you do know. When it comes to trust it's difficult because you can only truly trust a certainty and that doesn't happen with people. Relying on someone is difficult enough, depending on how predictable they are.

Best not to expect anything particular of people. Value them for what they are, what they bring to you and what you bring to them. If you find yourself physically attracted, give yourself without holding them to ransom over the future. You can never own anyone. And honestly, approaching with that attitude often averts others taking you for granted. Dubious people will always be nice until they think they've won. Sooner or later the tables will turn.

I haven't watched the video though I followed the link. If it helped you, great. I tend to be fairly down-to-earth; encountered a few inspirational gurus on-line and real-life. There's always something to be learned from them.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
There's always something to be learned from them.

Just a tiny quote from your previous post Lorelyen, because I think that is one of the most important things we can be aware of, when on a Spiritual journey... Thank you for submitting such a vital point...

It's my understanding (and not everyone will agree with this) that our entire life is pre-programmed and as such there is (without doubt) a reason and purpose behind every one we encounter and everything we take part in...

That's why it's so important to take everything into account when summarizing a days events...

As seen and understood from my perspective...

Regards... Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM
DeepForest

What I don't like about Tolle is that he say people who act stupid are asleep. I think people are perfectly awake when doing stupid things, and I respond accordingly. He just substitute the old "the devil made me do it" with being asleep or not awakened.