Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Master
Fresco--

Another reason I don't really feel these are reincarnations is that I've heard it said that we don't often just die and turn around the next "day" and go back. It's said to be 90-300 years between lives.

I know some of these would qualify time-wise. It's just the premise that we look alike when we reincarnate that I feel is a false premise.

Lora
Old 14-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Fresco--

Another reason I don't really feel these are reincarnations is that I've heard it said that we don't often just die and turn around the next "day" and go back. It's said to be 90-300 years between lives.

I know some of these would qualify time-wise. It's just the premise that we look alike when we reincarnate that I feel is a false premise.

Lora
But you do realize time as we know it here on the physical plane is not at all the same as time on astral planes, dont you??

One earth year = 5, 10, 20 or perhaps even more astral years
Old 14-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresco
But you do realize time as we know it here on the physical plane is not at all the same as time on astral planes, dont you??

One earth year = 5, 10, 20 or perhaps even more astral years

Yes, but in terms of entering a particular time dimension, time does matter. Just because time doesn't matter in their dimension doesn't mean it is unimportant in ours. I think part of that reason is that, in life review, you are evaluating how your actions affected those around you. Now, in most lives, 90-300 years would cover one generation and perhaps two or three generations, all of whom could be affected by your actions. Although seeing into the future seems to be possible as spirit, it is somewhat speculative, only accurate out a short way. The rest is dependent on the decisions made by those in physical life. Without waiting for those lives to be lived, those decisions to be made, the effects of your life might not fully be understood, and the next life not adequately planned.

Again, looking alike, I feel, has nothing to do with who you are, spiritually or incarnation-wise.

Lora
Old 15-02-2013, 09:07 PM
InFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker

Again, looking alike, I feel, has nothing to do with who you are, spiritually or incarnation-wise.

100% agree with you, but I know that I reincarnated 4 years after I died (found out through meditation) because of different reasons. It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to reincarnate - it's different for everyone. And I don't think that's the main important bit.

However I am still strong on the feeling that we need to EXPERIENCE.
So we come as different genders, races, background, etc...
Of course we can repeat things but that's because perhaps we have not properly faced particular obstacles in our past lives and the universe is giving us a chance to try again.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Yes, good point Hannah. Except family lineage is easy to track down, and so far I havent found any evidence these doppelgangers were in any way related

Here's another one:

This did make me laugh lol
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Experiencer

Jay-Z has is own doppelganger too...LOL

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...traveller.html

Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Master

Hmmm...I think the point the people that are posting these on the web are making is that they are immortal, not reincarnated. Difference perspectives.

An interesting aside, someone asked Abraham a question about something similar, and their answer was, yes, some people decide not to die - that is where the folklore of the vampire came into being... if I can find the clip, I'll post it.

Strange indeed, either way. And yes, my first thought was they were long lost ancestors or something.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:58 AM
InFurs

Quote:
Jay-Z has is own doppelganger too...LOL

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...traveller.html

Could be just genes?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Master
It's just physical similarities--nothing more--and some of them really aren't that similar, like the woman and man. Physical similarities from a distance can happen for many reasons. As the guy on TMZ said, he has an Uncle Leroy that looks just like Jayzee too.

Sorry, but this is a silly discussion.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Knower
My personal favourite is this...