Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The Bible clearly states that humanity is a fallen situation.

This is the main point and the rest of your words followed it, therefore it was my start. Human is not a fallen situation. The one that calls himself god in the bible tells the tale of humans being limited because he fears that sharing equals loosing. So he holds tight around this power of his, fearing that he will loose it if he lets go of it. Humans are beautiful and a limitless experience, unless we believe it to be otherwise. The bumble bee does not fly because it is too dumb to know that it cannot fly, but because it is smart enough to know that it can
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
trappedinabody

id just like to comment on the title of this thread... how can anything mess ones life up when the life is still in the making? everything that happens is part of your life, nothing can ruin or mess up something that is not finished yet. this is perhaps just an obstacle, at the end you may see why it happen and reconsider that it was a bad thing at all. live to learn
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody
everything that happens is part of your life, nothing can ruin or mess up something that is not finished yet.

This is your point of view and not where everyone is. If the person thinks his/her life is messed up, is it not better to help find balance (read help him/her to understand why there exist no mess) than to tell that the mess does not exist at all. But to continue your pattern of though, neither can anything ruin or mess up something that is finished, because we are all finished from the start. We just have to realize it. Though when we get send on a detour it sometimes feel like a mess
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
trappedinabody

oh yes of course, we are all here to learn and hope to help as well.
"already finished" i like that better :)
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Mayflow

Somehow it does seem that on some high Spiritual Mountaintop there is a part of every being that is smiling and laughing and saying something in the order of: Everything is messed up, and everything is just as it should (and has to) be.
Old 14-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Master
The Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
This is the main point and the rest of your words followed it, therefore it was my start. Human is not a fallen situation. The one that calls himself god in the bible tells the tale of humans being limited because he fears that sharing equals loosing. So he holds tight around this power of his, fearing that he will loose it if he lets go of it. Humans are beautiful and a limitless experience, unless we believe it to be otherwise. The bumble bee does not fly because it is too dumb to know that it cannot fly, but because it is smart enough to know that it can

That's "The Lie".

You see, even moden physics is telling us about this, "Maya", or"Matrix" of "Space/Time".
True?
What the material world really is?
You know... the Gniostics have held that the material world is a result of an evil god.
Who does the Bible say the "god of this world" is? As well as the Buddhists, in the Far Eastern teachings?

Humanity, in, "The World" is an evolved situation, animal/mammal, and with the predator/ prey, and survival intincts.

And, in an illusory, "material", world, in a construct of, "Space/Time".

Which, it ought to be evident, is the source of conflict, and violence, and misery which we see, in "The World".

Now, what is the consensus of the ancient teachings, and, in modern physics?
Quote:

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing.
People like us, who believe in physics, know
that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion
." -
Albert Einstein

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

-Weaver, do you love your life in the world?

My sister in law, a bright and intelligent person, an RN, was taken suddenly from this world in a helicopter crash.
Here and gone.
It was meant to be, but, an example to us concerning what the ancient teachings say about the world.
What did Buddha say about this? Let's face it, as we read, and hear about, people come and go all of the time suddenly, and, without the chance to say goodbye.

Quote:

"Death is only an experience through which you are meant to learn a great lesson: you cannot die." -
Paramahansa Yogananda

"First of all there will appear to you, swifter than lightning, the luminous splendor of the colorless light of Emptiness, and that will surround you on all sides. ...
Try to submerge yourself in that light, giving up all belief in a separate self, all attachment to your illusory ego.

-The judgment: You are now before
Yama, King of the Dead.

In vain will you try to...deny or conceal the evil deeds you have done. ...
the mirror in which Yama seems to read your past is your own memory, and also his judgment is your own.

It is you yourself who pronounce your own judgment, ..."

Buddha Buddhist Faith, 560 B.C. Holy Scripture: Tipitaka Quotes from: (The Tibetan Book of the Dead)

Right now we see the Biblical prophesies are being fulfilled, concerning the end of this, "World", as we know it.
The change, and the reinstitution of what was... and, which is to come.
The devil, to be equated with Ego, is at war with the Truth.

Woe to, "The World" concerning what is to come...

"13And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!"

Revelation 8:13

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Quagmire

I have been to the end of the cosmos and I have seen no limits. One day I will return to that knowledge and be limitless. Each day I get more knowledge and each day I get closer. Yes at the moment the human is a limit experience, but only because we choose it to be. I see all of this and see how we spend a lot of time creating limits and sow them into the Earth conscioussness.

About myself: I am homesick and have been so since I due to unfortunate events ended in the human cycle of incarnation in 10000 BC. My last life was planned as my last and my return home, but I was murdered before I was ready to die. I have come to peace with me on Earth this time around and know that I can alter the energy flow to my advantage. So I create my own reality and that helps me erase my limitations. So as where I once saw limits I see they do not have to be there. But I am homesick and finally ready to go home, so I spend my time getting closer to home. I love the being I am and have a lot of fun. Here is something I wrote the other day:

Time passes by beneath my feet
With such a fast and incredible speed
I see my future, I see my past
I see that forever my love will last

I see that I once was a mighty god
but not the one that says do not
I play games that helps you be gay
So forever it is a beautiful day

I see today is all that there is
I see all the dreams that I miss
If I live in the past with my sorrow
Or worry too much about a tomorrow

So each day I worry less and exist more in the present and see that is all that is to life, not all these limitations we get taught. I have had a lot of great lives as human and until I can return home I will choose to have as much fun as possible.
Old 16-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody
id just like to comment on the title of this thread... how can anything mess ones life up when the life is still in the making? everything that happens is part of your life, nothing can ruin or mess up something that is not finished yet. this is perhaps just an obstacle, at the end you may see why it happen and reconsider that it was a bad thing at all. live to learn

I'm with trappedinabody. I'm of the belief that your life just has experiences along the way that set you on different paths than you intended to be on, but that shift just opens up new doors and opportunities to learn new aspects about yourself. You can either go happily on that new path with your eyes wide open or go reluctantly dragging your feet and feeling woa is me. None the less we get set on these paths depending on life events that are set in motion. Children learn early that when they fall and get hurt they are told to get up, brush themselves off, get a bandage and go on about their business. We adult must do the same thing when we have disappointments, failures, tragedies and emotional set backs. What's the alternative? Staying in it and doing nothing. We definitely live to learn.

Blackraven
Old 19-05-2012, 06:02 PM
antiquerose

donnnn1,

I hear what you're saying. I've been in these situations too, and not just from fundamentalist christians. All zealots from all walks of faith can be that way. But the people who are scaring you like this are not true believers themselves or they would know better than to do that. They are the people who read the Bible too literally and are just as scared as you are/were about going to Hell and were therefore "scared into" believing what they have told you to believe.

But no religion should have followers simply out of the use of fear. And you don't have to live like that (and neither do they, but most of them won't change).

I believe that the people who are truly the most faithful and truly comfortable and content with the faith they have chosen to live their lives by are the ones who don't feel the need to talk about it or preach about it so much, and most certainly the ones who would not dare try to scare anybody into believing anything (not even themselves). This is because rather than talking about it, they live it. And because when people try to scare you like that, again, they are scared themselves. You could even say they are insecure about what they believe, as in deep down they're not really sure if it's right either and if they can convince YOU and any other so-called "non-believer", then they can better convince themselves through that, if that makes sense. But people who are true believers should recognize that, whatever "being" or "deity" is ruling this world, He (or even She) will get you where you need to be in life and that your life and your relationship with this "being" should be no business of theirs.

And just so you know, I don't know what God thinks and I'm not going to pretend that I do, but I'm pretty sure that people don't go to Hell for reasons that those people might have told you. Again, they are blinded by fear and possible misinterpretations of the Bible, so I wouldn't listen to them if I were you. And I could be wrong here too, but I would think God would worry more about your character, how you live your life, how you treat your fellow man (no matter what faith they belong to), and what's in your heart than He would about you believing in every single word of the Bible or chosing to believe a set of beliefs that make more sense to you, even if they are not necessarily the beliefs mentioned in the Bible. The Bible wasn't even written by God after all.

No matter what faith/religion you choose, choose it because it makes real sense to you because it's has been walking with you your whole life. And just because you mainly associate yourself with one faith/religion doesn't mean that you can't incorporate other ideas into it, whether it be ideas from other faiths and philosophies or your very own original and personal views of life.
Old 19-05-2012, 09:26 PM
merrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I'm with trappedinabody. I'm of the belief that your life just has experiences along the way that set you on different paths than you intended to be on, but that shift just opens up new doors and opportunities to learn new aspects about yourself. You can either go happily on that new path with your eyes wide open or go reluctantly dragging your feet and feeling woa is me. None the less we get set on these paths depending on life events that are set in motion. Children learn early that when they fall and get hurt they are told to get up, brush themselves off, get a bandage and go on about their business. We adult must do the same thing when we have disappointments, failures, tragedies and emotional set backs. What's the alternative? Staying in it and doing nothing. We definitely live to learn.

Blackraven

Thank you Black Raven...I agree...I had a dream a few weeks ago where I was down in the basement of my house, sitting on a chair, surrounded by debris and feeling bogged down by life's burdens. I heard a voice say, "Carry the cross"... The chair lifted up a few feet off the concrete. I interpreted this to mean you must go on with your life situation but you will be lifted up..
Even though things are are tough, keep on trying and welcome your situation.
As you said, "we definitely live to learn".

Last edited by merrie : 20-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.