Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-10-2018, 01:20 AM
Knower

Suicide and the afterlife....

So, I find myself very upset with most people's theories on what happens to a soul after a suicide. People are quick to point out the grave consequences, such as being born again almost immediately with extra karmic baggage, or how it damages one's soul very badly. Rarely do they talk about recovery or love. I know personally this lack of understanding and compassion tends to make my feelings seem "wrong" or invalid. This has me wondering: What really happens to the soul after suicide? Is it really all gloom and doom?
Old 15-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Master
After every incarnation, the soul reflects upon its past life and deeds. And it determines which karmic ties and relationships it will choose to work on in its next lifetime.

We incarnate to work on our karma. I would assume suicide is seen as nothing more or less than a karmic opportunity cut short and even wasted; but also as something that can be picked up again in a later life. Goodness, I could list a dozen things I regret this lifetime, and know I'll be back to improve upon next time. That's how suicide would be seen by the soul no doubt, a probable regret that would inspire the soul to want to do better next time round.

Most certainly though, the so-called "universe" doesn't punish the soul for any of this. :)
Old 15-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Newbie ;)

You said it, "most people's theories". Truth is, nobody has a clue what happens in such a case. Let's come up with another theory...a person commits suicide because of past life karma, maybe he was a serial killer in a past lifetime. So they take their own life an din this case maybe their soul is finally free of the karmic debt, if such a thing exists. Will then the soul be punished for this ? Wow, brain hurts now...time for some mindless gaming haha
Old 15-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Administrator
When the soul leaves the body either through natural death or suicide.it goes into Healing it does not linger in between worlds,which some believe.and they are not reincarnated straight away with extra karma either, that is just scare mongering

Namaste
Old 15-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So, I find myself very upset with most people's theories on what happens to a soul after a suicide. People are quick to point out the grave consequences, such as being born again almost immediately with extra karmic baggage, or how it damages one's soul very badly. Rarely do they talk about recovery or love. I know personally this lack of understanding and compassion tends to make my feelings seem "wrong" or invalid. This has me wondering: What really happens to the soul after suicide? Is it really all gloom and doom?
The discussion on suicide only makes sense if it's taken in context, the trouble is that most discussions on suicide take place in the context of judgement against low level morality. It's often seen as the cowardly and 'wrong' thing to do, but my question would be that if people are bandying those words around what do they say about them? Most people's theories aren't theories, they're discussions of ignorance because few of them seem to have had any real experience of walking that particular Path or have talked to those who have attempted suicide.

We are here to learn the lessons, grow Spiritually and there are Karmic Obligations/Life's Purpose. The Path to suicide is quite an experience for the one walking it, and the aftermath leaves those left behind with their own lessons etc.. What are the reasons that suicide is not a valid experience chosen by a Soul? And if that is the case, what are the reasons it isn't it as much of a valid experience for those left behind? If it happens at all - according to what some very Spiritually advanced people have said on this forum - it has only happened within Karmic Agreements/Life Purpose. If it has been chosen and agreed to by others that a Soul will experience suicide, doesn't that make it not cowardly but Divine Will?

When a Soul goes back to Spirit, allegedly there is nothing but Love because that's all Spirit is. However, it seems that suicide is the exception to the rule.

Karmic baggage??? Karma is probably one of the most misunderstood words in Spirituality, and in this case it doesn't make any sense at all. It's not karma, what you're doing when you use the word is perpetuating judgement. There is no time, allegedly. In science, all of time exists all of the time so what we call past, present and future is happening right now. Spirituality says much about the same. So with that, what of karma and Past Lives? That has yet to be explained it seems, because karma and Past Lives are all discussed within a linear, human - not Spiritual - time frame. Who decides good and bad karma, right and wrong, wasted?

By the way, the Sanskrit word 'karma; means 'action', nothing more. Anything else is a Spiritual myth.
Old 15-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Guide

A person attempting to help another despite the almost certain risk of death is seen as a hero.
A person, choosing to die by their own hand, to help others by relieving them of a burden, and maybe himself due to unbearable pain and almost certain death is also a hero. It needs courage to end one's life.

It does terminate future potential but what kind of potential can there be when one is not really functional as a human being anymore either physically or mentally?
Old 15-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
When the soul leaves the body either through natural death or suicide.it goes into Healing it does not linger in between worlds,which some believe.and they are not reincarnated straight away with extra karma either, that is just scare mongering

Namaste
I agree boss.
Old 15-10-2018, 08:00 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf

It's best not to heed home-spun philosophies. No it's not all doom and gloom but those who end their lives deliberately may later very much regret what they did, the effect on others and on their own spiritual progress. But they're not born again with supposed karmic baggage as some form of punishment.

Help, understanding and compassion is always available although the individual may struggle that they have sufficient worth and find it hard to accept they warrant help.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Master

I believe that the way we depart this life doesn't matter for "us up there".

One point to consider is if you exhausted all possibilities of evolvement in this life, and if not, then you should do more before leaving.

Another, more terrestrial, point is the impact your voluntary departure would have on those you have responsibilities for, and on those who care about you.

In most cases, you shouldn't do it!
Old 16-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Knower

Thank you for your input, everyone. It makes me glad to see that there are judgement free opinions on this.