Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
You seem very learned in science. What developments/research in science are you monitoring now ? How are you approaching the investigation of the nature of Reality?

Hello Still Waters,

Its the first time I get to read you. I like what emanates from your writing as I read you. It is very peaceful indeed.

I did win prizes when I was studying physics young. But I have no merit for that. The knowledge I had from physics then came directly from a form of direct contact I had with the material Universe, not from books. Didn't even need to study, to find how to develop a formula.

I now prefer the direct contact one may have with reality as a source of exploration outside of the conceptual frameworks created by human mind as an explanation of what reality is.

So much to discover in this world!

Enjoy!
Old 14-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Still Waters,

Its the first time I get to read you. I like what emanates from your writing as I read you. It is very peaceful indeed.

I did win prizes when I was studying physics young. But I have no merit for that. The knowledge I had from physics then came directly from a form of direct contact I had with the material Universe, not from books. Didn't even need to study, to find how to develop a formula.

I now prefer the direct contact one may have with reality as a source of exploration outside of the conceptual frameworks created by human mind as an explanation of what reality is.

So much to discover in this world!

Enjoy!

First of all, I want to thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them.

I've actually been reading more physics lately and listening to videos on various aspects of physics to see if there are any conflicts between my paradigm of the Reality and (1) Physics in particular, (2) Science in general, (3) my direct experiences, etc. Thus far, such conflicts have not really materialized. That's why your post interested me.

I was fortunate to have practiced yoga/meditation for over 30 years under the guidance of a revered sage from India whom I accompanied to the Khumba Mela in India. At the foothills of the Himalayas in particular (as well as at other places throughout the world), I met some extraordinary beings and had some life-transforming direct experiences that helped to consolidate my understanding of the Reality. I've learned to question everything and to investigate Life from as many perspectives as possible to get as complete an understanding as possible.

I read your post with great interest, and plan to scan your other posts on this site when I have more time. As you indicated, I too "now prefer the direct contact one may have with reality as a source of exploration outside of the conceptual frameworks created by human mind as an explanation of what reality is." However, I continue to read books at times as others have done significant research in areas of interest to me, and such research can be validating as well as possible food for meditation. One can learn from everyone and everything.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Legrand

Quote:
First of all, I want to thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them.

I've actually been reading more physics lately and listening to videos on various aspects of physics to see if there are any conflicts between my paradigm of the Reality and (1) Physics in particular, (2) Science in general, (3) my direct experiences, etc. Thus far, such conflicts have not really materialized. That's why your post interested me.

I was fortunate to have practiced yoga/meditation for over 30 years under the guidance of a revered sage from India whom I accompanied to the Khumba Mela in India. At the foothills of the Himalayas in particular (as well as at other places throughout the world), I met some extraordinary beings and had some life-transforming direct experiences that helped to consolidate my understanding of the Reality. I've learned to question everything and to investigate Life from as many perspectives as possible to get as complete an understanding as possible.

I read your post with great interest, and plan to scan your other posts on this site when I have more time. As you indicated, I too "now prefer the direct contact one may have with reality as a source of exploration outside of the conceptual frameworks created by human mind as an explanation of what reality is." However, I continue to read books at times as others have done significant research in areas of interest to me, and such research can be validating as well as possible food for meditation. One can learn from everyone and everything.

I did read the work of Dr. Eben Alexander this summer. He is a neurosurgeon that experienced an NDE. I find his work interesting because before his NDE, he was only from the scientific approach he learned from school and from his knowledge of the brain it was absolutely impossible that he could of been conscious during his coma. Yet he experienced a form of very lucid consciousness during his coma. Of course it transformed his life and he makes now research in all fields to try to explain this experience.

Nothing much to learn in those books, but the process of transformation is very interesting to follow.

If ever you want to read his work, I would start by his first book "Proof of Heaven" where he describes what he experienced during his coma. I find a lot of similarities to what some may experience on the path as they meditate.

Regards!
Old 15-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
I did read the work of Dr. Eben Alexander this summer. He is a neurosurgeon that experienced an NDE. I find his work interesting because before his NDE, he was only from the scientific approach he learned from school and from his knowledge of the brain it was absolutely impossible that he could of been conscious during his coma. Yet he experienced a form of very lucid consciousness during his coma. Of course it transformed his life and he makes now research in all fields to try to explain this experience.

Nothing much to learn in those books, but the process of transformation is very interesting to follow.

If ever you want to read his work, I would start by his first book "Proof of Heaven" where he describes what he experienced during his coma. I find a lot of similarities to what some may experience on the path as they meditate.

Regards!

I am very familiar with Eben Alexander and actually listened to a debate on "Intelligence Squared" on "Death is not Final" in which he participated. You may be interested in listening to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueAtheism..._is_not_final/

I'm not sure if you are aware that I also had a near death experience (NDE) in my early 20s during which I emerged symptom-free from a three day "irreversible coma". It was most assuredly life-transforming and left me with no doubts that the non-physical essence continues after what is called physical death. My vivid recollections during that coma are what served as a catalyst for redirecting my spiritual journey eastward. Since then, I have done extensive readings on NDEs, out-of-body-experiences (as I directly experienced for the first time during my own NDE),and related phenomena.

The book, "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying", is an excellent book which, among other things, compares the process of dying and rebirth to the process of going to sleep and dreaming. That inspired me to practice conscious sleep among other things --- something that I have done for years and which has been very illuminating.

In any case, as a result of your post, I think that I am going to re-watch the Eben Alexander debate video whose link I have provided above.
Old 15-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Deactivated Account
From a human perspective, the universe seems well-designed and perfectly organised while it is in fact very messy and chaotic. There's clutter everywhere in the universe, and a huge deal isn't suitable for life at all. I hate to break it to you, but this doesn't prove God's existence.
Old 15-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
From a human perspective, the universe seems well-designed and perfectly organised while it is in fact very messy and chaotic. There's clutter everywhere in the universe, and a huge deal isn't suitable for life at all. I hate to break it to you, but this doesn't prove God's existence.

Hello SlayerOfLigth,

Who is talking about God?

Enjoy!
Old 15-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Legrand

Quote:
I am very familiar with Eben Alexander and actually listened to a debate on "Intelligence Squared" on "Death is not Final" in which he participated. You may be interested in listening to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueAtheism..._is_not_final/

I'm not sure if you are aware that I also had a near death experience (NDE) in my early 20s during which I emerged symptom-free from a three day "irreversible coma". It was most assuredly life-transforming and left me with no doubts that the non-physical essence continues after what is called physical death. My vivid recollections during that coma are what served as a catalyst for redirecting my spiritual journey eastward. Since then, I have done extensive readings on NDEs, out-of-body-experiences (as I directly experienced for the first time during my own NDE),and related phenomena.

The book, "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying", is an excellent book which, among other things, compares the process of dying and rebirth to the process of going to sleep and dreaming. That inspired me to practice conscious sleep among other things --- something that I have done for years and which has been very illuminating.

In any case, as a result of your post, I think that I am going to re-watch the Eben Alexander debate video whose link I have provided above.

People who do not have any more fear of death at all left in them, do emanate a special kind of peace that others may recognize

I started my guided meditations with a master some 30 years ago by studying the Tibetan book of death. Of course I've read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying as soon as it came out.

Latter, wanting to use all the time we have as living beings, I did explore Dream Yoga and still do every night. Don't know if you know of this book from Norbu "Dream Yoga and the practice of Natural Light"?

Regards!
Old 16-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
People who do not have any more fear of death at all left in them, do emanate a special kind of peace that others may recognize

I started my guided meditations with a master some 30 years ago by studying the Tibetan book of death. Of course I've read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying as soon as it came out.

Latter, wanting to use all the time we have as living beings, I did explore Dream Yoga and still do every night. Don't know if you know of this book from Norbu "Dream Yoga and the practice of Natural Light"?

Regards!

I'm not familiar with the book, "Dream Yoga" but, since dreams stop and are replaced by visionary happenings as one eliminates inner pressures, I'm not sure if the book would be too basic for me. There is a point at which words and books cannot adequately express the Reality.

As for the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, I went to a lecture by its author, Sogyal Rimpoche, at St. Peter's Church in NYC many years ago. During his lecture, he asked if anyone present had had a near death experience at which time I raised me hand. I met with him afterwards one-on-one to discuss that as it related to his talk and his book. He autographed a copy of his book for me at that time and it remains one of my favorite books.

As with other NDEers,I have absolutely no fear of death ever since that experience.

(We seem to be on a very similar journey without distance. )
Old 16-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Master

God

Quote:

Who is talking about God?

Enjoy!

Your own signature talks about God .

Quote:
The One Existent, the illuminated seers speak of variously - Rig Veda
Old 17-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Your own signature talks about God .

Hello Hitesh,

If you can talk about it, than it’s not it.

Regards