Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
We can’t always be as open as we’d like to be. Some people may not even like being open. For me, the thought of having to keep everything secret from those around me is a constant background noise in my head. I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered, for fear it’ll lead to more questions being asked. Needless to say, it takes a heavy toll on me.

Does anyone else, for any reason, have to keep it all to themselves? How do you cope with that?

I tell my family only the things they need to know as their belief system is quite different to my own eg I do healing (well used too) and this used to make my family angry when he heard I was working on a stall doing this (we were giving demos) as he doesn't believe in it he believes it's a fraud. (we were doing it for a gold coin donation. My father thinks healing is a con thing even if not done for any money at all. If you do anything outside of his beliefs.. you are a con to him).

There should not be a need to tell your family everything if they have a different belief system than you. I find this no real issue at all (and just ignore how my dad thinks about it, he has his belief and I have mine and I'm fine with that)
Old 29-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I tell my family only the things they need to know as their belief system is quite different to my own eg I do healing (well used too) and this used to make my family angry when he heard I was working on a stall doing this (we were giving demos) as he doesn't believe in it he believes it's a fraud. (we were doing it for a gold coin donation. My father thinks healing is a con thing even if not done for any money at all. If you do anything outside of his beliefs.. you are a con to him).

There should not be a need to tell your family everything if they have a different belief system than you. I find this no real issue at all (and just ignore how my dad thinks about it, he has his belief and I have mine and I'm fine with that)

I too do not share things when I suspect that the other may not be receptive. One tests the waters of receptivity little by little.