Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Master
What is "CHRIST Consciousness"?

What is this "CHRIST" thing you speak of? As a Hindu in a HINDU forum, I wouldn't know anything about a "CHRIST"....should I?

...and the reason WHY this "other" gets annoyed with you and tells you where to go, is because you continue to proselytize and push your Christian beliefs upon her, after telling you quite a number of times that she "is not interested" and you telling her that she is only saying that because she has been possessed by demons and need an exorcism.

ENOUGH! ENOUGH!

This is an effing JOKE.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What is "CHRIST Consciousness"?

What is this "CHRIST" thing you speak of? As a Hindu in a HINDU forum, I wouldn't know anything about a "CHRIST"....should I?

...and the reason WHY this "other" gets annoyed with you and tells you where to go, is because you continue to proselytize and push your Christian beliefs upon her, after telling you quite a number of times that she "is not interested" and you telling her that she is only saying that because she has been possessed by demons and need an exorcism.

ENOUGH! ENOUGH!

This is an effing JOKE.

So so much more anger..especially for a "self confessed" acended enlightened being.

And no I am not Christian....how many times do I need to point that fact out....creator has no religion and is not a Christian..(and neither am i).
And you know exactly what Christ consciousness is, you have read and studied enough to know....it is a "way of being" that has been refered to as "Christ consciousness" and can be reached without BLAH BLAH BLAH PRACTICES, and can be spoken about in any part of this forum...and people can reach it without any style of religion, via the almighty, who you do refer to from time to time.

And you do not understand what i am suggesting about possession and if you did you would understand that everyone on Earth is affected..but stating that will just upset the forum staff as it has in the past.

You will never understand what i am saying because although you state openly that you are searching and willing to listen to others you get angry then curse then close down...AND you have know knowledge of where anger truely originates.

I do not attempt to (proselytize) convert anyone...because there is no religion or religious practices in order to become at one with creator, or to reach a perfect "natural love" state of being...there is nothing to convert to....SIMPLE.

Rational conversation is the key...And can help one realize what causes all of the physical emotional and mental symptoms that you have, and although you could slowly learn why you will only be able to ease them. But once a person understands of the cause then they have two choices of dealing with them. And one of those choices can not be openly spoken about on this forum.

As always, just for considerations...And as always because I have realized of where anger and displeasure ORIGINATES, I can always truthfully say HAPPY SMILES to one and all...BECAUSE I DO NOT HARBOUR ANGER.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:52 AM
Master

SMILES........
Old 05-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Master

Quote:
नमामीशमीशान निर्वाणरूपं विभुं व्यापकं ब्रह्मवेदस्वरूपम् |
निजं निर्गुणं निर्विकल्पं निरीहं चिदाकाशमाकाशवासं भजेङहम् ||१||
निराकारमोंकारमूलं तुरीयं गिराज्ञानगोतीतमीशं गिरीशम् |
करालं महाकालकालं कृपालं गुणागारसंसारपारं नतोङहम् ||२||
तुषाराद्रिसंकाशगौरं गभीरं मनोभूतकोटि प्रभाश्रीशरीरम् |
स्फुरन्मौलिकल्लोलिनी चारुगंगा लसदभालबालेन्दुकण्ठे भुजंगा ||३||
चलत्कुण्डलं भ्रुसुनेत्रं विशालं प्रसन्नाननं नीलकण्ठं दयालम् |
मृगाधीशचर्माम्बरं मुण्डमालं प्रियं शंकरं सर्वनाथं भजामि ||४||
प्रचण्डं प्रकृष्टं प्रगल्भं परेशं अखण्डं अजं भानुकोटिप्रकाशम् |
त्रयः शूलनिर्मूलनं शूलपाणिं भजेङहं भावानीपतिं भावगम्यम् ||५||
कलातिकल्याण कल्पान्तकारी सदा सज्जनान्ददाता पुरारी |
चिदानंदसंदोह मोहापहारी प्रसीद प्रसीद प्रभो मन्मथारी ||६||
न यावद उमानाथपादारविन्दं भजन्तीह लोके परे वा नराणाम् |
न तावत्सुखं शान्ति संतापनाशं प्रसीद प्रभो सर्वभूताधिवासम् ||७||
न जानामि योगं जपं नैव पूजां नतोङहं सदा सर्वदा शम्भुतुभ्यम् |
जरजन्मदुःखौ घतातप्यमानं प्रभो पाहि आपन्नमामीश शम्भो ||८||
रुद्राष्टकमिदं प्रोक्तं विपेण हरतुष्टये |
ये पठन्ति नरा भक्त्या तेषां शम्भुः प्रसीदति ||
मेरा धार्मिक/आध्यात्मिक ज्ञान आप पाठकों से कम है इसलिये यदि त्रुटि हुई तो कृपया अवश्य बतायें।

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात्पुर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ॥
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

SMILES once again...truely
Old 05-03-2019, 06:42 AM
Master

Christ consciousness is actually a Theosophic Idea, not Christian, along with Babaji, ascended masters and all that. Personally, I'm really not into that stuff.

I think trying to Marry Christianity and Hinduism (with a bit of Buddhism) thrown in, just doesn't work. I could list many examples why, but if anybody takes their Bible seriously, the idea of worshipping or acknowledging other gods, let alone one who is associated with ghosts, cemeteries, the trident, the serpent and the Left-hand path is, shall we say, positively infernal.

Speaking of Theosophy and really convoluted theories about Buddhism and Hinduism, I find that this guy over at Project Avalon is really knowledgeable and makes some excellent points, his thread is worth checking out:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...08#post1279408

I don't understand even half of what he has to say, but he is a proper chap and amenable to debate and discussion if you want to join up.

Personally, I prefer to take a simple and direct approach with all the faff removed, but to each its own.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Christ consciousness is actually a Theosophic Idea, not Christian, along with Babaji, ascended masters and all that. Personally, I'm really not into that stuff.

I think trying to Marry Christianity and Hinduism (with a bit of Buddhism) thrown in, just doesn't work. I could list many examples why, but if anybody takes their Bible seriously, the idea of worshipping or acknowledging other gods, let alone one who is associated with ghosts, cemeteries, the trident, the serpent and the Left-hand path is, shall we say, positively infernal.

Speaking of Theosophy and really convoluted theories about Buddhism and Hinduism, I find that this guy over at Project Avalon is really knowledgeable and makes some excellent points, his thread is worth checking out:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...08#post1279408

I don't understand even half of what he has to say, but he is a proper chap and amenable to debate and discussion if you want to join up.

Personally, I prefer to take a simple and direct approach with all the faff removed, but to each its own.
Dear Lord! I just read what was in that link and it made NO sense whatsoever! LOL

The Theosophical Society was only really notable for one member - Sir John Woodroffe (Arthur Avalon)... I mean, if it wasn't for his books "The Serpent Power" and "Shakta and Shakti" (a translation of the Mahanirvana Tantra), I would have given the Theosophical Society a huge miss as soon as I discovered it.

I agree. Basically, the "Christian God" is Enlil, but the one I worship is Enki and I have about as much tolerance for Christians and Christianity as they would have for MY beliefs...That is why I usually ask; "where does Jesus' name appear in the Vedas? In the Upanishads? Can you please show me, so I can be a Christian too?"

Having said all that, I have figured out a lot of my problem...I can converse much EASIER in Sanskrit when I am discussing Hinduism...trying to relate it into English is a nightmare, so it is absolutely NO wonder that people who can't speak Sanskrit, don't "get" Hinduism.

I am also indebted to you...You reminded me of one of my favorite pictures..When Shiva went to His wedding, surrounded by ghosts, demons and all manner of "unholy things"... however, this is what I love with all my heart and what I am attached to and it is no use for me to pretend that I am "good" or "pure" when I am evil to the bone and proud of being such...and so, it's way past the time I started acting like a Shiva Gana and for any/all who wants to take issue? I'll see you the moment you draw your final breath, so your faith in God better be pretty strong.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 05-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Master
About what is written there (in that link)...I am not being 100% honest here, because I do understand a BIT of it, but it was something I learned MANY years ago, then subsequently forgot until now.

When I first learned about the Male and Female principles, it was NOT Shiva and Shakti...It was Archana and Lochana with Maha Vairochana being beyond the pair...only later did I come to associate this with Shiva/Shakti and Sadashiva (which is that cosmic pillar of light thing).

This is all I remember from my early Tantric teachings...c'mon, I was only 14 years old at the time, but it is all coming back to me now.

What that person is talking about is the Sri Yantra/Sri Vidya from a Buddhist perspective and not a Hindu one...It will take time for me to get my head around it though, so thank you for giving me some mental stimulus...I was getting bored studying the Spanda Karikas yet again.

Maybe I need a new hobby, like learning another "dead language".... Cuneiform looks interesting...
Old 05-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Master

Enki, eh?

That's interesting. I see a lot of parallels with Shiva there, though of course it is always problematic to equate one culture's deity with another one's. I have never encountered him directly, though, as you know, Inanna is part of his inner circle, as is Utu and I know those two quite well.

Another thing about Enki that interests me is that he is supposed to be the god of the waters below. According to Sumerian mythology, there is a vast, underground world, which is watery and he is supposedly king of this entire civilisation below. According to mainstream research, two-thirds of the world's water is actually below ground, so there should be vast oceans and ecosystems down there. It makes one wonder if he isn't actually a real physical person, ruling over some sort on underworld civilisation. There are similar myths in Hinduism, which I vaguely remember from reading the Mahabharata.

Well, if you want to learn Sumerian and/or Assyrian, be my guest, we could certainly use more scholars in that area. It is not an easy language to learn, I have looked into it just a little, out of curiosity and it has a somewhat similar grammatical structure to my own language, Hungarian. There are also a few hundred common root words. But, with it being an agglutinative language and all, most people who are not used to that type of grammatical structure would probably struggle with it initially.

BTW, this is not common knowledge, but us Hungarians, believe ourselves to be descended from the Sumerian gods, specifically Ninurta (Nimrod in the Bible), who according to our most ancient myths was the forefather of all Hungarians.

Most mainstream scholars would dismiss that of course, but I personally always felt a connection to this culture and spent quite a lot of time admiring its artefacts and reading up on it in the British Museum. That is how I came in contact with Inanna btw...

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded personal anecdote, but since it came up...
Old 05-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Enki, eh?

That's interesting. I see a lot of parallels with Shiva there, though of course it is always problematic to equate one culture's deity with another one's. I have never encountered him directly, though, as you know, Inanna is part of his inner circle, as is Utu and I know those two quite well.

Another thing about Enki that interests me is that he is supposed to be the god of the waters below. According to Sumerian mythology, there is a vast, underground world, which is watery and he is supposedly king of this entire civilisation below. According to mainstream research, two-thirds of the world's water is actually below ground, so there should be vast oceans and ecosystems down there. It makes one wonder if he isn't actually a real physical person, ruling over some sort on underworld civilisation. There are similar myths in Hinduism, which I vaguely remember from reading the Mahabharata.

Well, if you want to learn Sumerian and/or Assyrian, be my guest, we could certainly use more scholars in that area. It is not an easy language to learn, I have looked into it just a little, out of curiosity and it has a somewhat similar grammatical structure to my own language, Hungarian. There are also a few hundred common root words. But, with it being an agglutinative language and all, most people who are not used to that type of grammatical structure would probably struggle with it initially.

BTW, this is not common knowledge, but us Hungarians, believe ourselves to be descended from the Sumerian gods, specifically Ninurta (Nimrod in the Bible), who according to our most ancient myths was the forefather of all Hungarians.

Most mainstream scholars would dismiss that of course, but I personally always felt a connection to this culture and spent quite a lot of time admiring its artefacts and reading up on it in the British Museum. That is how I came in contact with Inanna btw...

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded personal anecdote, but since it came up...
Don't be sorry...I actually enjoyed reading that!

You are spot on about how I would probably react to learning Sumerian or Assyrian. I should try for another variation on the Brahmi Script first...after noticing a few similarities between the Malayalam and Thai scripts, so I would probably opt for a happy medium and choose Khmer instead.

This means that I don't have to travel too far out of my linguistic "comfort zone"....and there must be some similarity between Shiva's trident and the one that Poseidon owns...However, being a "fish God" is something that is more up Lord Vishnu's alley.

Having said that, I was pretty much raised by Balinese Shamans (the Balians) and also the Dukun healers of Central Java...The religion I follow is quite old...Shiva is in it, Buddha is in it, Kali/Tara is in it, Tantra is in it, Animism is in it, Spiritualism is in it, so is Chi/Prana and all different types of Jammu (healing herbs) along with trance states, certain rituals which are almost Wiccan in origin...

I don't know what the heck you would call it, but it is something that "Modern Hindus" seem to know absolutely NOTHING about. I was just fortunate I could learn what I did and then, sadly to become one of the "last of my kind" which started with the lineage of Rishi Markandeya, actually.

http://www.sabandari.com/how-the-vil...ud-came-to-be/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ramanan...indonesia/amp/

Cut off from the sub continent and without influence, the old ways remained pure and untarnished...until the Muslims and the Dutch pretty much drove it all underground.

So, there we go, one good personal anecdote deserves another, but at least now you know where I am coming from (and so does everybody else) when I express my views on Hinduism on here.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 05-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Don't be sorry...I actually enjoyed reading that!

You are spot on about how I would probably react to learning Sumerian or Assyrian. I should try for another variation on the Brahmi Script first...after noticing a few similarities between the Malayalam and Thai scripts, so I would probably opt for a happy medium and choose Khmer instead.

This means that I don't have to travel too far out of my linguistic "comfort zone"....and there must be some similarity between Shiva's trident and the one that Poseidon owns...However, being a "fish God" is something that is more up Lord Vishnu's alley.

Having said that, I was pretty much raised by Balinese Shamans (the Balians) and also the Dukun healers of Central Java...The religion I follow is quite old...Shiva is in it, Buddha is in it, Kali/Tara is in it, Tantra is in it, Animism is in it, Spiritualism is in it, so is Chi/Prana and all different types of Jammu (healing herbs) along with trance states, certain rituals which are almost Wiccan in origin...

I don't know what the heck you would call it, but it is something that "Modern Hindus" seem to know absolutely NOTHING about. I was just fortunate I could learn what I did and then, sadly to become one of the "last of my kind" which started with the lineage of Rishi Markandeya, actually.

http://www.sabandari.com/how-the-vil...ud-came-to-be/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ramanan...indonesia/amp/

Cut off from the sub continent and without influence, the old ways remained pure and untarnished...until the Muslims and the Dutch pretty much drove it all underground.

So, there we go, one good personal anecdote deserves another, but at least now you know where I am coming from (and so does everybody else) when I express my views on Hinduism on here.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Funny you should mention Ubud. I've been there, actually, even spent a few nights. Got terrible food poisoning though...

The thing about Ubud and Bali in general, is that it is really quite a spiritual place and the version of Hinduism they have there is truly authentic and beautiful. On the other hand, it has become a bit of a hippy commune and mass tourism, not least from Australia, has ruined it a bit in my eyes.

There is not much information about the branch of Hinduism that you belong to, but it does sound really intriguing. Looking at the links above, I did not know for instance that Durga had an aspect as Goddess of Death. Makes me wonder if that aspect is actually related to Ereshkigal, Queen of the Underworld in Sumer, who is Inanna's twin sister and not a particularly pleasant character to be around.

I noticed that in your earlier post you referred to yourself as evil and proud of it. I seriously doubt that is the case, though of course I don't know you that well. Good and evil are really such Christian concepts anyway, I find that trying to fit yourself into such narrowly defined categories of morality simply doesn't work, because either you are a saint (which let's face it, no living person is) or if you have any moral failings whatsoever (as everyone does) you are basically kin to the devil.

The world doesn't work that way and there is no such thing as absolute good or absolute evil, we are all a bit of both and I suspect that even applies to the gods. Just look at Inanna - Durga for instance, those weapons they're carrying and the Lion they ride on isn't just for show, they will slay the wicked when it is necessary and are both quite warlike. Shiva of course is terrifying in his destructive form, as is Kali. We must accept that there can't be light without darkness or good without evil and both most coexist in a state of harmony.