Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Master
How do you control anger?

How do you control some anger towards your partner, even when you know your partner is trying the best that he/she can?
Old 20-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Explorer

First step is to realise that your angry. Second step is to not excuse yourself or justify anything you feel like doing/saying in anger.
That might need you to remove yourself from what/whoever made you angry with your lips firmly together.
When out of that situation, relax and think of better ways to deal with frustration before returning.

I had a violent female partner and I wish she did that. I also tried to do all I could to defuse her anger etc, but that probably made it worse for her because I piled blame on her.
In the end all I could do was leave her while I still had an ounce of self value left.
Old 20-06-2012, 11:50 PM
MRDazzle

I'm reading a book right now called the Emotion Code that MYFIGO suggested to me. That is an awesome book. It may be an underlying trapped emotion that is causing anger. http://theemotioncode.com/ It uses applied kinesiology and magnets to find and free up trapped emotions.
Old 21-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Master

Once you realize what you are doing, stop, take a deep breath, and center yourself. Send all that negative energy down the drain, flush it, and then visualize blue energy (a soothing color) coming down through your head and slowly making it's way through your feet in waves like the ocean, a calming effect. You can also remove yourself from the situation and flush it again. Once you have control over your thoughts, think about each thing you say before you speak. Don't rush, take your time. By thinking about each thing with a stable, calm mind, you avoid saying anything harmful or provokative, and you also get your point across without any hurt feelings. Try to avoid provoking them as well, bc that can lead to them escalating, then with that energy, you begin to rise up to that and are provoked as well. A wonderful way of avoiding absorbing that provoking energy is by using the zip up : http://howtoraiseyourvibration.blogs...rcise-for.html and here is another resource for more info http://www.touch4health.com/techniques.html

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 21-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Sangress

I find that procrastinating any actions fueled by anger and removing myself from the situation (either mentally via distractions or physically) and breathing deeply (and focusing on nothing but breathing) until I'm calm enough to think it through from a more distant perspective (and figure out solutions or further understand my anger and make peace with it.)

My methods might work for you too Izz
Old 21-06-2012, 02:31 AM
MRDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
Once you realize what you are doing, stop, take a deep breath, and center yourself. Send all that negative energy down the drain, flush it, and then visualize blue energy (a soothing color) coming down through your head and slowly making it's way through your feet in waves like the ocean, a calming effect. You can also remove yourself from the situation and flush it again. Once you have control over your thoughts, think about each thing you say before you speak. Don't rush, take your time. By thinking about each thing with a stable, calm mind, you avoid saying anything harmful or provokative, and you also get your point across without any hurt feelings. Try to avoid provoking them as well, bc that can lead to them escalating, then with that energy, you begin to rise up to that and are provoked as well. A wonderful way of avoiding absorbing that provoking energy is by using the zip up : http://howtoraiseyourvibration.blogspot.com/2011/07/energy-break-and-zip-up-exercise-for.html and here is another resource for more info http://www.touch4health.com/techniques.html

Tapping works for me too. I've been doing some magnet therapy as well.. ahhhhhh. Shadedragon, you are insightful.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Sybilline

I find this very difficult to deal with as well. Sometimes, all the methods, steps, etc., they disappear when I'm angry, I can't think straight, everything is a buzz. So what I do first is give myself a good cry, it kind of the excess energy and adrenaline, then

afterwards I can think straight... And that's when I analyze it...
Old 21-06-2012, 02:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDazzle
Tapping works for me too. I've been doing some magnet therapy as well.. ahhhhhh. Shadedragon, you are insightful.
thank you, and that reminds me :P you can also carry around stones with calming effects, as well as program objects to do certain things when other things happen. (For example, I have a necklace that lets off healing and blue energies when I become agitated or angry. I also keep some blue objects around and hold/look at them when I become upset or angry. Some rocks that click with you (buzz, vibrate, or warm in your hand) are good for you and are compatible with your energies, so if you take care of them (wash and clean, and give some love to them, maybe have a few words as well) they will take care of you as well. Things also work in reverse. If I'm down in the dumps, I'll carry around pink and red objects (red is a stimulant and combined with white, it creates a well off warm comforting energy that stimulates you into more happiness and positive, just watch your amount of red objects, as they can lead to anger) and those objects can take care of you as well (as I said earlier with the buzzing vibrating pulsing or warm objects) and pink energy helps there as well. Golden energy is the strongest healing color, and green is the strongest protective color (as it is the color of the heart) so you can apply colors to your life in everything if you wish to (yellow is a stabilizer, red a stimulator, and blue a soother. With that on mind, you can change things up :) and vary with the situation, to fit best with what you have on hand. (You'll notice people anger differently. My sister barks with red, I usually work up myself with the orange (red and yellow) so what we do in order to calm ourselves is use colors like blue and green to calm us. (I like to use the opposite of the color causing me anger, so they cross out and default to gray, which is like a blank slate. Then add in some color I need to make myself feel better, and you can do the same for you.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 21-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Celeste

Feel the feeling and wait a minute. Then express it, assertively, not aggressively.
Old 21-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Insensitive1

I don't know how I control my anger really. I normally just bottle it up and it eventually fades out, or I just forget about it. Unless someone gets me really mad really fast I don't normally unload on them.