Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-09-2011, 05:43 AM
The Irishman

Exclamation Spirit Guide Dream Help.

Hey all!

I am new on here so forgive me if this is in the wrong area to post this. But I recently had an extremely vivid dream that a good friend of mine told me was a visit from my Spirit Guide. I will give you a little insight on me before I tell you (Please bear with me because it might come into play for interpreting the possible Spirit Guide Dream):

My entire life I have learned and was taught to stand up for what I believe in no matter what, to be extremely passionate, loyal, respectful, resilient and strong. And I pride myself in this; however, I have felt as though I have never been able to catch a break. It's like each time I do something wrong, no matter how good of a person I try to be, I suffer the most extreme punishment possible. Examples:

-I watch a woman get struck by her boyfriend when i was 17. I defended her and ended up getting into a physical altercation with him. I was then kicked out of college.
-I joined the military. Some of the best times of my life. I let myself loose. I became extremely sexually active, I drank socially with buddies, and got into occasional fights with people (once again mainly for either defending a woman, or defending myself... It was VA beach... So getting jumped was pretty much expected), but, I always made a point to be as well-behaved and good mannered as absolute possible, and the absolute best person and sailor I could be. It really helped me find out what I am made of, and who a large part of me was. Then, someone asked me if I had known what one of my friends was doing. I simply stated "Please don't let me know." Just that little exchange of words got me discharged (first offense EVER) from the Military for "Failure to Report."
-After, I was left with a lot of debt from the Navy, so I was able to pull a decent job and I worked as hard as I could, but I couldn't make enough... I had to file for bankruptcy.
-Also, I have been extremely loyal and respectful my entire life. Been the absolute best possible boyfriend a woman could ask for... However, I am always left behind... Most recent was my fiance... It was like being broken in half. But I can understand that it is not the end of the world, and I pull myself together and go on about life with a positive outlook.

This brings me to recent events. Before the other day I have never had a dream like this before. I was in this huge house, and I saw this little door on the floorboards (Almost resembled one of those doors from 'The Borrowers' ). So I opened it and a very bright light shined through and I was able to pass through this tiny little door. It took me to a pathway in the woods. Kind of dark setting, but at the same time a very pretty, dense forest. I looked to my left and I saw a very mean, scraggly (although beautiful), hungry looking wolf. If it had been real life I would have soiled myself; however, for some reason I had an extreme feeling of safety and comfort in his presence, regardless of the very threatening look he was giving me... It was almost as if we were on the same level, staring each other right in the eyes.

I soon woke up after that... there was no communications of any sort (i.e. a voice, nothing written, not a howl...).

From most people I have talked to, and most of what I have read - No one really has ever had a kind of "Dark" and "Wild" looking spirit guide....

What could/does this mean?

Thank you so much for your time in helping me with this.

-The Irishman.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 AM
mattie

Navigating Your Journey

You seem to be cataloguing everything crummy that has happened in your life. Here is a different view.

- You had the courage to defend a woman getting beat up by her boyfriend.
- You had allot of useful experiences in the military.
- You got a good job after leaving the Navy.
- You’ve had multiple meaningful relationships w/ significant others. (Something not everyone has had.)

About your dream, the meanings are from dreammoods.com. Fuller meanings are on the site. A house is always about us. A door is about new opportunities or self-discovery. A pathway is progress. The woods is a the unknown & the unconscious, & a transitional phase. Wolfs are a very spiritual, being a high level of animal guide (not dreammoods).

This seems to indicate that you may be a little unsure about navigating your journey, but you’re willing to trust in getting guidance, despite it being new territory.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irishman
It was almost as if we were on the same level, staring each other right in the eyes.
Hi Irishman. One dream "guru" I had dealings with believed every being we meet in our dreams is in fact us, or an aspect of ourself. Were you staring down the scraggly, hungry wolf in you perhaps? Sounds like that wolf needs some loving and kind attention, as mattie pointed out. And that you're now coming around to that understanding.

Last edited by Baile : 01-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
The Irishman

Hey, thank you for your responses,

In a way I guess I was kinda staring him in the eyes, but not staring him down in any sort of challenging or a "I'm the alpha" way. More just an extreme curiosity / disbelief / confusion. And like I said, he wasn't playful, kind or loving looking at all (even though I was extremely comforted by his presence). He was very dark and kind of "Scar-ish" from Lion King looking wolf (lol). He just looked like he was about to make me dinner.. and like a rough and tumble, bad-***, the alpha.

**And I am just coming out of what I thought was an amazing relationship. I gave her my absolute everything and left no walls up for myself to fall back on. I gave way too much of myself and found out that she was not deserving of what I had to give and dedicate... My friend who I talked to originally about this said he knew me to be an extremely good and strong, but very wild man who was extremely independent. Then it seemed like my relationship tamed me and guided me away from who I was... Is it possible that hes right in saying that its my inner "wild me" telling me to bring myself back to life, sort of speak? To un-tame myself to some degree? Is it just reminding me who I am?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

******And by the way - I wasn't approaching the life part in any sort of "Whoa, is me" kind of way. Merely showing you what someone of my simple causes have been and there extreme effects.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you again guys - the help is appreciated. Much love!

-The Irishman.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
And I am just coming out of what I thought was an amazing relationship. I gave her my absolute everything and left no walls up for myself to fall back on. I gave way too much of myself and found out that she was not deserving of what I had to give and dedicate... My friend who I talked to originally about this said he knew me to be an extremely good and strong, but very wild man who was extremely independent. Then it seemed like my relationship tamed me and guided me away from who I was... Is it possible that hes right in saying that its my inner "wild me" telling me to bring myself back to life, sort of speak? To un-tame myself to some degree? Is it just reminding me who I am?
Well, your explanation above sounds pretty good. In all honesty though, it left me wondering what you consider as wild man behaviour. You say you gave everything and left no walls up. In a relationship where one partner is doing that and the other isn't, that's extreme, and it's wild behaviour of sorts. I've learned from experience that one can love someone too fiercely. I guess what I'm saying is I would take care to make sure I'm not projecting (not that you are), and that I'm seeing in the wolf what it is I'm truly being asked to recognize. And all without jumping to conclusions one way or the other.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
The Irishman

Extremely appreciated wise response.

By wild I am referring to my rugged side. Both with my connection I feel with nature and being outdoors (hiking, survival, exploring...etc), and always standing my ground no matter the circumstances for what I believe in.

And I most definitively agree with this:

" I've learned from experience that one can love someone too fiercely."

I think that may have had a lot to do with who I was at the time. I became extremely passive and tame in many situations where my heart was yelling at me to stay true to me.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Master
Quote:
I became extremely passive and tame in many situations where my heart was yelling at me to stay true to me.
Thanks Irishman. I understand that. I was in two long-term relationships, each lasting around ten years. In both cases, I behaved in a very passive way. And in both cases, I left the relationship feeling that my easy-going nature was taken advantage of on some level by my partner. Now, years later, I can look back and see things differently. I see I took part in a couple of fairly dysfunctional relationships, to learn what healthy functioning actually is and can be.

But you know, I also see I was quite intense and fierce in my own way as far making sure I got the maximum experience out of the relationships I was in. In that regard, I really do I feel I used my partners as much as they used me. And that's not a bad thing because it was all so unconscious at the time, so there's no blame in any of it. I feel we are born knowing instinctively what our soul tasks are. And we gravitate towards life situations, often unconsciously, that we know will help us along. And I see now I had some serious relationship stuff to work on and figure out on a deeply meaningful soul level.

Not really sure what I'm trying to say here. I do like your own take on it. I simply wanted to share a few thoughts and perspectives.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
The Irishman

I think the only thing I can say after reading that is.....

EXACTLY! =)

The only part I may have to disagree with with slightly is I always pride myself in being a completely selfless person to the one I give myself to. See, most people have dreams of becoming an architect, or a lawyer, or some sort of "position" in life. Me, on the other hand... my sole dream in life is to one day be a loving and good father and husband like my father was. I don't care what I do in life as long as it provides a good life for my children and wife. For me, I was raised in a fantastic, loving, traditional Irish (slightly violent at times ) family. I had Parents that were that couple that just made you sick, lol. And I think being around that made me this way.

So - I guess the only thing I can really say I was selfish in... was letting go of who I am, my beliefs, my rawness, and my "wilder" me... to do anything to hold on to this person for my own because they gave me a glimpse of obtaining my dream in life. Of course I loved her with every fiber of me (Which I understand now is not healthy to give as much of me as I did), but I think I may have been more in love with what she represented to me...

I don't even know if that makes any sense honestly. But I hope you see where I am coming from.

And that is where i think my dream ties in. I feel like its reminding me to stay true to who I am, and just be me. Be strong and to keep pushing forward on my path. Like - it was reassuring me that everything, all the **** I have had to live through (post moving out on my own), is all happening so that one day I can actually obtain my dream... I just have to stay strong and true to myself in the process... What do you think?

Much love!

-The Irishman
Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Master
Hi again Irishman. I'm not meaning to disagree, or argue, or over-analyze. And dreams are meaningful to each of us in our own personal way, so you know best what your dreams mean to you.

Your pride at your selflessness is a form of ferocity. Your single-minded desire to create a life with a family, and your statement that you don't care about anything except providing for them, is that "wilder you" you speak of. That's the point I was making. I thought I was being tamed way back when. But I really was as ferocious then as I am now when it comes to identifying and going after my soul desires in life. Nobody has ever held me back from that. I'm too strong a personality. I'm just more conscious of it all now than I was back then.

Yes, I've taken some (apparent) life detours, and one does that in relationships. Being with someone involves a degree of compromise and consideration for other person's needs in any particular moment. But none of that has ever stopped the wild man in me from going after what I needed. I'm the only one who could do that to myself. If that's what you're saying as well, then I agree. Some relationships tend to dull that inner fire, rather than spark it. That's what we discover in the process of being with and spending time with someone.

Bottomline, it sounds to me like the wolf in you needs be clearer about your needs. And you need to get things sorted out quicker in relationships that aren't working for you. You need to stay on top of it and even move to put an end to things before you get to that scraggly stage. It's a very definite and very good life lesson you went through.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Master
I think everyone have done an excellent job in their insights. You cant go wrong when loaded with so many new thoughts to consider

The scruffy wolf may very well be a representation of yourself. The wolf shows signs of being through a lot, yet holding his own still. The alpha wolf takes control of his leadership for the survival of his pack...(use this in the context of self).

All things we experience in life are our own doing...our own attractions for various learning curbs. Stand tall, be that alpha wolf and know that all you take on only serves to strengthen you in life and leads you in the right direction.