Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-09-2011, 09:05 PM
HabitAnimal

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?
This was a question asked on "Yahoo Answers" some time ago.

United Church of Christ

Metropolitan Community Churches

Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (Aka UU Church)

Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)

Reform and Reconstructionist Judaism

Buddhism

Neo-Pagan groups are usually very accepting of gays.
Dianic Wicca is constructed to revere the Goddess alone and very often features entire covens comprised of Lesbians, so as to empower female energy and overcome any and all sex discrimination and oppression through community, rituals and rite.

Also, remember you can always find what tenets of a/any religion(s) that speak to your inner spirit and blend them into a faith you can hold dear.

Personally, I think if there was a higher power, a supreme (to humans) being, it would be impossible for our limited intellect to comprehend it's awesomeness. Much like a gnat trying to speak English so we could understand.
Ergo, I feel if there is a Deity it is incumbent upon that supremacy to believe in us.

So find your truth, I say, and don't live by other peoples philosophies that deem to speak for a god we could never understand as anything but our self, using nothing more than our imagination.

If you want to see goddess, look in the mirror. If you need a church, look around. Earth be it. If you need ritual, honor every moment of your one and only life.

Because you shall never be here again and there will never ever be another like you, even if you're a twin.

And if you need prayer, dream big. If you want answers to those, strive to make dreams into a reality. Seeking the best for yourself because you know you're worth nothing less.

And if you need to be saved, start by standing on your own two feet , be responsible for your life, give generously, love deeply, laugh heartily, weep sincerely, dance brilliantly, and live as if this moment may be your last. Because it just may be. And in the end, when the whisper of final darkness calls your name home, don't look back with any regrets because it's way too late for those to matter. Instead, feel who you are and know you lived you, sincerely while everything you did, good or bad, made you who you are and shall be remembered as, when you close your eyes forever.

Remember, there's a difference between religion and spirituality.

Many blessings as you seek to find on your journey.
Old 18-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
LOL..sorry..but isn't that a gay stigma you're carrying? If you weren't gay would it matter anyway? I'd say, just be yourself and like you for who you are and ignore what others think.

I would have to agree.

I'm lesbian myself and I live in a small southeren town so I know what your going though. Just hang in there hun
Old 22-10-2011, 08:58 AM
MMM

spiritualism
spiritist
anybody mention those?
Old 23-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
I am aware of the fact that many people don't believe in Christianity but the truth of falsity of a belief exists independently of whether or not anyone believes it. I have a responsibility to tell people the truth whether or not they believe it.

Theophilus, what arrogance.
Not in a million years would I dare say that I know the truth.
Old 24-10-2011, 07:40 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Lady Scarlet Moon:

You must seek--go on your own personal journey--until you find the belief system that is accepting of and speaks to you.

I know that the way I see it--as a legally ordained Pagan Minister--you have both the Goddess and the God within you--which (actually) places you closer to Them than I could ever be--both genetically and spiritually speaking.

I was raised Anglican/Catholic and searched for many years--before I finally relized that I was not a "Christian".

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 24-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Charlies Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

I found that I didn't really fit in with Christianity, especially not orthodox Christianity because of the harsh views on matters such as sexuality. I share some of the ideals and beliefs of Christianity, I was raised Church Of England, protestant. But I guess I was too questioning and there was a lot I didn't believe or feel was right.

If Jesus is all loving, why does is the religion (in general) homophobic? If God made us in his image, why are only heterosexuals "normal". Why is it considered blasphemous to even ask that and all that that would imply?

I have my roots in Christianity, but I disagree strongly in the way the orthodox church tries to control peoples lives and sexuality. It's one thing to have a strong moral code and another entirely to try to make someone something they are not. Does God not want us to be happy? Would the almighty being want you to suffer by trying to appeal to a hetero normative society in a sham marriage to a man?

I strongly believe that as long as we love it doesn't matter who we love. Don't you ever accept anyone telling you that you will go to Hell for being true to yourself. Unfortunately, there are countless lost souls who can't move on because on Earth they were told they'd go to Hell. Who are we as mortal humans to judge another person and tell them they are going to Hell?
Old 28-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Vaughn

Belonged to Unitarian, they only had about six clubs for gays, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, and regularly sponsored both legislative support, walked in marches...other than that not very supportive ... just kidding. lol

Swedenborg Assembly is pretty damm open too.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
kinneretov

the belief system doesnt distinguish between lasbien or stright people.
it suppose to recieve everyone equally.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:31 PM
geri

Color gay friendly

Try religious science. Here is a web site you can look at: creativelivingfellowship.com This one is in Arizona. They will not judge you! Your friend, Geri
Old 13-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Yassi

if one doesn't like the existing religions s/he can creat her/his own one.