Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New-age_music

..."She commented that "a lot of New Age music is schlock" and how due to records sales everyone with a home studio put in some sounds of crickets, oceans, or rivers, as a guarantee of sales.

What started as ambient mood music related with New Age activity, became a term for a musical conglomeration of jazz, folk, rock, ethnic, classical, and electronic, among other music styles, with the former and markedly different musical and theoretical movement."....

.."David Lanz argued that had "finally figured out that the main reason people don't like the term New Age is because it's the only musical category that isn't a musical term".
------------------------------------------------------------------
..."The best known is probably that of Thomas Jefferson in 1781: "The instrument proper to them (i.e. the slaves) is the Banjar, which they brought hither from Africa."

..."The banjo, as we can begin to recognize it, was made by African slaves based on instruments that were indigenous to their parts of Africa. These early "banjos" were spread to the colonies of those countries engaged in the slave trade. Scholars have found that many of these instruments have names that are related to the modern word "banjo", such as "banjar", "banjil", "banza", "bangoe", "bangie", "banshaw".

.... Some historians mention the diaries of Richard Jobson as the first record of the instrument.. While exploring the Gambra River in Africa in 1620 he recorded an instrument "...made of a great gourd and a neck, thereunto was fastened strings." The first mention of the name for these instruments in the Western Hemisphere is from Martinique in a document dated 1678. It mentions slave gatherings where an instrument called the "banza" is used.

...Further mentions are fairly frequent and documented. One such is quoted in Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians from a poem by an Englishman in the British West Indies in 1763: "Permit thy slaves to lead the choral dance/To the wild banshaw's melancholy sound/".
Ah yes - David Lanz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE84Y0mPjR0
Old 25-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Of course you do!
Agree to agree!
Old 25-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Again, you jump to the oddest conclusions. What makes you think I don't want to hear from you? I LOVE discussions like this - though I am having a little difficulty discerning where you are coming from. You are kind of all over the map here.

Again, I do wish you could stay on topic - it would make discussion a lot easier, IMO.
I'm sorry, but you have no idea.

Of course I am 'all over the map' because I am Autistic!

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? because you only hear what you want to hear!

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? because you keep telling me that I am just making it 'all about me' whenever I say anything!

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? Because you still have not replied to the content of post #68!

Shall I go on?

I'm sorry, but I cannot 'remain on topic' while ever you continue insulting me, telling me I am casting aspersions and whatnot..

So good luck with your thread.
Old 25-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I'm sorry, but you have no idea.

Of course I am 'all over the map' because I am Autistic!

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? because you only hear what you want to hear!

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? because you tell me that I am just making it 'all about me' whenever I say anything.

What makes me think you don't want to hear from me? Because you still have not replied to the content of post #68.

Shall I go on?

I'm sorry, but I cannot 'remain on topic' while ever you continue insulting me, telling me I am casting aspersions and whatnot..

So good luck with your thread.
I hear you Necro, and I am sorry.

Perhaps we can talk at another time.
Old 25-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Guide

Quote:
You should know, there is a strict rule against talking politics here. I will say though, I simply cannot follow your reasoning at all.

New Age generally isn't about imposing power over others. Politics is. Thus the rule.
Everything is politics in some way, including you lecturing me about the rules here. In fact I am aware of the rule.
What I did was not talking politics but talking about news, what is reported and what is suppressed.
As you demonstrate yourself you are so scared about this politics rule that you are probably censoring yourself. If you read my post again you will see that I LOL'd at the suggestion that religion is all about controlling people and you challenged me to substantiate my attitude.

You have provided the substantiation yourself, in this spiritual forum which without doubt can also be classified as New Age.
Old 25-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Everything is politics in some way, including you lecturing me about the rules here. In fact I am aware of the rule.
What I did was not talking politics but talking about news, what is reported and what is suppressed.
As you demonstrate yourself you are so scared about this politics rule that you are probably censoring yourself. If you read my post again you will see that I LOL'd at the suggestion that religion is all about controlling people and you challenged me to substantiate my attitude.

You have provided the substantiation yourself, in this spiritual forum which without doubt can also be classified as New Age.
We are obviously from different planets.

Take good care.
Old 25-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Deactivated Account
as far as i am concerned its just about results. if you do something and get the result you were looking for then great. who cares where or when it came from.

the newest age is the best most often. cause it comes in the moment through ones own intuition. lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 25-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Kioma

I agree. Again, as Lorelyen said in Post #8, which I think is also validated here, one should know what one wants. This may change as one progresses, but how is one to know they are getting what they want or not unless they know what they want in the first place?

I don't think one's goals are always fully conscious though, which I think Lorelyen is also alluding to. I think it is largely unconscious for many, until they get to a certain self-awareness.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Lightbulb 10 New Age Cutting Edge Street Performances

Very serene indeed Kioma, but is new age really all about serenity or is it the 'new age' also is much broader than we realize ergo the 'cutting edge'.

1st Top Ten Street Performances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SC37kMlkI

2nd new age 500 miles away from home banjo instrumental--sweet!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLKkIwDM6E

Quote:

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Very serene indeed Kioma, but is new age really all about serenity or is it the 'new age' also is much broader than we realize ergo the 'cutting edge'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SC37kMlkI
Oh GAWD another youtube video!

Music videos are one thing, but...

Oh well, it's only 10 1/2 minutes........................................... ..........

I have no idea why you had me watch that video. Entertaining, yes. Relevant... Maybe?