Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Lorelyen

DAMN this server. Can someone give the software a bit of footwear where it hurts the most! Today it wiped out my entire post when I backtracked.

This is giving me a right TROOTHACHE. (This is on word as well as the clipboard) let's hope..
Old 25-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
DAMN this server. Can someone give the software a bit of footwear where it hurts the most! Today it wiped out my entire post when I backtracked.

This is giving me a right TROOTHACHE. (This is on word as well as the clipboard) let's hope..
Yeah, like I said before, it allows me to read threads, type up replies to threads, but I can't post those replies without making at least 10 attempts to do so, whilst running the risk of a duplicate or triplicate post. Just wait until you go to edit a post and not have the edit 'take' until you go into your CP a few times until it actually does.

To put it bluntly, the forum is offline more than it is online now, so the whole thing may as well have crashed totally in my books.

We'll just have to wait until Lynn gets over her concussion to be able to fix it, but I also have the sneaking suspicion that this is meant to sort out the 'men' from the 'boys' so to speak...and the only ones who will remain on SF are those who have total, limitless, unconditional patience.
Old 25-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Lorelyen

UNCONDITIONAL LA-A-A-H-H-H-VVVEEE

(testing, teasing, 1-2-3)
Old 25-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
...and yet, you only addressed the very first sentence of that long reply and didn't say anything about the rest of it and the very reason why I actually hold the views I do....you poo-poo'd the whole reply in favour of what you only chose to read.
I stated clearly and specifically my actions, my reasonings, and my willingness to discuss the rest of what you wrote. Did I not conform to your expectations?

Quote:
...http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=68

So much for 'seeing through to the fundamental argument' eh? =/
In what way?

Quote:
...You only go on to reply to Knight saying that I am just making this all about me and imposing my views over others - when that 'imposition' is totally in the eyes of the other and what they only believe or assume I am doing whether that is my intention or not. Get it?
Were we discussing you? Seems to me we were discussing such behavior and attitudes in general. Please point to where I stated YOU specifically. If you see yourself in the discussion, not much I can do about that.

Quote:
...So yes, this is who I am and this is what I do and I am totally 'being myself' by doing it.

...Or would you prefer for me not to 'be myself' and put on a mask and be totally untrue to myself just for the sake of argument? Your call.
You jump to the oddest conclusions Necro. My ONE request is that you refrain from casting aspersions. Is that really too much for you, or do you find yourself feeling naked without them?

Quote:
......and as for 'many people believing it so it must be true'...I'm just going to agree with Starman and go that it's totally symptomatic of Kali Yuga and the rare few of us are immune from the effects of it, but most are not.
Congratulations. To you few, that is, of course.

Quote:
...I am one of those rare few...and I can see right through all of those clever marketing tricks like cellophane, whereas the naive cannot and will only go on to defend it because they believe it works for them which leads me to say "hang on, you are saying that I am making it all about me, but aren't you making it all about you by saying that?"
I take it for granted that everyone here is all about themselves. Or is there some other reason you are trying to 'put me in my place' here?

Quote:
...Then they act is if everybody else has given them permission to speak on their behalf..."oh no, I speak for everybody, everybody believes what I do, so it must be true!" which only goes to confirm the whole 'Borg/sheep mentality' OF it.
Of what?

Quote:
...However, I have totally had it with this forum for a while anyway. EVERY TIME it gives me just enough time to log on, read a thread, type up a reply TO that thread, then when I go to post it I get "busy server"...every...damn...time! and now I'm fully over it.

I'm only getting 5 minutes on every half an hour now and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I just cannot compete with others who also want to use the limited spaces available.
Yes, it is frustrating. Hang in there Necro! I'm counting on you to come through!

Old 25-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Religion says that an ultimate truth exists irrespective of who believes it.

Spirituality says that each person must find their own unique truth.

New Age says that the more people who believe in a truth, the truer it will be.

I see things differently. I see religion as a group belief system. I see spirituality as an individual belief system.

And your point about the more NewAgers believe something, the truer it must be, is instantly self-disqualifying in favor of organized religion, several which have billions of adherents.

The pot doesn't hold itself.
Old 25-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
It is trotted out against any systemic structure which is not liked, forgetting that the structure one finds oneself in is doing exactly the same. The difference is only in the degree of how open the manipulation is.

Let's take the bad Alternative for Deutschland (AfD) party. What do you think how many places they could find in the city of Berlin to hold one of their campaign meetings? 1, that is one. All the others refused because they could not get insurance for such an event. All manipulated through government channels and the mass media. They are a lawful party. They have not advocated any violence against anyone. They simply insist that as Germans they have certain rights.
And now after being re-elecetd, Ms Merkel says she will consider and address the concerns and worries of the people who voted for the AfD, when before they were hindered as much as possible to express them.

But it also brings us back to action by New Age people, or rather the lack of it.
It reminds me of a cabaret artist, Volker Pispers, who points out that real political opposition now only happens in a cabaret setting. Then he says that when in 20 or 30 years time the children ask "what did you do when this stuff (the real word would get censored) went down?" you will pull out a box, find the tickets to the cabaret show and say "I was part of the resistance"
That is the New Age, no results but entertainment by playing the resistance game.
You should know, there is a strict rule against talking politics here. I will say though, I simply cannot follow your reasoning at all.

New Age generally isn't about imposing power over others. Politics is. Thus the rule.
Old 25-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Banjo > Tubular Belles > Schlock >

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New-age_music

..."She commented that "a lot of New Age music is schlock" and how due to records sales everyone with a home studio put in some sounds of crickets, oceans, or rivers, as a guarantee of sales.

What started as ambient mood music related with New Age activity, became a term for a musical conglomeration of jazz, folk, rock, ethnic, classical, and electronic, among other music styles, with the former and markedly different musical and theoretical movement."....

.."David Lanz argued that had "finally figured out that the main reason people don't like the term New Age is because it's the only musical category that isn't a musical term".
------------------------------------------------------------------
..."The best known is probably that of Thomas Jefferson in 1781: "The instrument proper to them (i.e. the slaves) is the Banjar, which they brought hither from Africa."

..."The banjo, as we can begin to recognize it, was made by African slaves based on instruments that were indigenous to their parts of Africa. These early "banjos" were spread to the colonies of those countries engaged in the slave trade. Scholars have found that many of these instruments have names that are related to the modern word "banjo", such as "banjar", "banjil", "banza", "bangoe", "bangie", "banshaw".

.... Some historians mention the diaries of Richard Jobson as the first record of the instrument.. While exploring the Gambra River in Africa in 1620 he recorded an instrument "...made of a great gourd and a neck, thereunto was fastened strings." The first mention of the name for these instruments in the Western Hemisphere is from Martinique in a document dated 1678. It mentions slave gatherings where an instrument called the "banza" is used.

...Further mentions are fairly frequent and documented. One such is quoted in Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians from a poem by an Englishman in the British West Indies in 1763: "Permit thy slaves to lead the choral dance/To the wild banshaw's melancholy sound/".

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Until I saw the lyrics, I always interpreted/perceived that line to mean fire or spark of inspiration.
what a 'new ager' to classical music would have been. Probably a result of invention of banjo. I dunno as I'm not a music afficianado.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Were we discussing you? Please point to where I stated YOU specifically.

You jump to the oddest conclusions Necro. My ONE request is that you refrain from casting aspersions. Is that really too much for you, or do you find yourself feeling naked without them?

I take it for granted that everyone here is all about themselves. Or is there some other reason you are trying to 'put me in my place' here?

I have pervasive developmental disorder (low-functioning Asperger's) and I'm also a sociopath, so of course I am going to make everything 'all about me' because I just cannot help it and I know no different, so if you can't deal with that, may I suggest the use of the 'ignore feature'. Thanks.

Quote:
I stated clearly my willingness to discuss the rest of what you wrote. Did I not conform to your expectations?
Nope, because you still have not commented on that post in question and I'm not holding my breath waiting for you to do so either, because I know that you simply will not. ;)
Old 25-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
I see things differently.
Of course you do!
Old 25-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Kioma

Quote:
I have pervasive developmental disorder (low-functioning Asperger's) and I'm also a sociopath, so of course I am going to make everything 'all about me' because I just can't help it and I know no different, so if you can't deal with that, may I suggest the use of the 'ignore feature'. Thanks.
Again, you jump to the oddest conclusions. What makes you think I don't want to hear from you? I LOVE discussions like this - though I am having a little difficulty discerning where you are coming from. You are kind of all over the map here.

Again, I do wish you could stay on topic - it would make discussion a lot easier, IMO.