Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Master
Can Pagans reach divine status?

Are there any Pagans who have reached divinity? Or are there any human Pagans who are divine? The reason I ask is because divinity is often associated with the orthodox religions - such as Christianity, Islam and Hinduism. I do not believe I have ever heard of a divine Pagan before!

Personally I am 'sort of' Pagan and I am experiencing a lot of resistance to my spirituality. It is like there is a huge obstacle in my path which is stopping me from going higher in the spiritual world. My impression is that there is resentment towards me in the spirit world because I am not orthodox enough.....strange but true.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Master
Hinduism is Pagan. Paganism = any of various religions other than Christianity or Judaism or Islamism and there's no reason to assume that the Abraham based religions have a monopoly on divinity.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Master
I'm not counting Hinduism or Buddhism as Pagan because they are long established world religions.

In a sense I would like to leave Eastern Mysticism out of this question and apply it to Western Pagans only.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I'm not counting Hinduism or Buddhism as Pagan because they are long established world religions.

Paganism is as old as mankind.

Yes, there are deities in paganism who were once human like us and have become deified, if that's what you're asking.

I really can't see why there should be any resentment towards you from the spirit world because you're not orthodox enough. By orthodox do you mean like being a Christian? I don't think it matters to the spirits what you are.

The resistance you may be feeling is probably stemming from your own fear/anxiousness about freeing yourself and becoming totally pagan. You're kind of stuck in the middle - not going anywhere. Try to become one or the other, I would say.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow

Yes, there are deities in paganism who were once human like us and have become deified, if that's what you're asking.

Is that REAL people or mythical people? I have never heard of someone alive today who says "I have reached God and I am a Pagan!" I wish I had, but it does not seem to happen.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Ascender
Of course we can reach Divine status. Everyone has the capability to do so. It all depends on what you define "divine" as.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
It all depends on what you define "divine" as.

Which brings up the question; what would a Pagan call 'divine'.....

Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Master

What would a non-pagan call divine,

I am a pagan and I believe my patron deity is divine.

Why, if you don't mind my asking, are you asking if there are any pagans who have reached divinity? Why does it matter?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Master
Access to the Highest Realm in Pagan mythology, the Heavens, is only possible for a very rare few e.g. Gibran, the various Dalai Lama's. It is the realm of the Highest level of Consciousness. For humans, it is a realm only reached momentarily, the important thing is the striving to reach it - not the actual arrival. There are no portals giving access.

A good definition of "Divine" is needed.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Naddread

Divine:
Quote:
c.1300, from Old French devin (12c.), from Latin divinus "of a god," from divus "a god," related to deus "god, deity" (see Zeus). Weakened sense of "excellent" had evolved by late 15c.

There is nothing that I can think of that is not of the gods. As beings of free will we can either embrace our divinity or reject it, that is, live in harmony with Natural Law or...not.

~Naddread~