Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-11-2017, 01:06 PM
SleepyWarrior SleepyWarrior is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 24
 
My struggle with the heart chakra...

So i'm a person who is pretty tuned in with their chakras, and my heart chakra has always been a problem. In general my chakras are strong, and then get weaker as they get closer to my heart chakra. Personally I think it's because a lot of this hippydippy bull**** thats around the heart chakra lore is quite frankly, bull****.

I'm trying to balance it out with the whole crystals, oils and meditation, and they, even if theyre just symbols, do have some weak effect, but it's not long lasting. I think this is because the psychological/thoughts side of me overrides it.

When it comes to the heart chakra and loving others, it all seems like hippy ****. Unconditional love is not healthy and it's certainly not good to easily trust. In my view this world is a harsh place, and as a sensitive person, I need to protect myself. So I feel it's good to be closed off and suspicious of people...why shouldnt I? I will give them my love and fondness when I discover theyre worthy of it. I refuse to invest myself in people who arent worth it, or are just anyone because it's a "spiritual" thing to do. I wont walk around in a bubble of love and beauty because thats not the world we live in... I feel the need to be more of a warrior.

And when it comes to love for myself, I don't know if this whole self love stuff is hippy **** too. I struggle to feel love for myself, if anything I'm apathetic towards myself. I take care of myself, but I don't love myself. I like my personality and how I look, but I don't love myself. Is that even possible? I do know, however, I feel a sense of anger and frustration at myself, and a feeling of rejection and spiritual loneliness, like I want to go home. I've been bullied and made to feel not good enough by the world because I'm just a kooky kind of person who has had mental health problems, so i've often felt unwanted by the world, defective and the opposite of what society wants, especially as a female.

And how can we even BEGIN to work with love when really, a great deal of us dont even know what love is and how to define it? It comes in many forms, then what is love?

Sorry this is a long post, but I want help and for someone to challenge my ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,516
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
You brought up so many things...you are correct about love... what is it?
If you are not content with yourself that will reflect in most everything you
do or think it will boil over into your interactions...haven't you found?

Try thinking of love as kindness...to the person unsmiling walking by you, the
stray cat, every lonely, poverty stricken person you see...and most of
all yourself...be kind with your thoughts about yourself....
"Well, I did that stupid thing...but I'll do better next time." And then smile and make that a plan.

Start simple.

I say, Forget all the high-flalootin talk of unconditional love and all...just start being nicer, period.
Smiling more, looking at resolutions to issues, rather than focusing on how terrible something is.

Start with baby steps to change your perspective; change your thoughts,
your negativity to positivity for 3 days....see for yourself what happens seeing a glass half full. No bull***....test it for yourself.

Ponder what is the difference between the person who gets their car dented while shopping and goes bazerk ...
and the Buddhist monk (that drives) and his car also gets dented, but he is peaceful and takes it in his stride?
What is that quality? It is the thinking, the perspective....the choice that has been made.

Start with being kind in your thoughts and deeds....3 days...see the difference.

My .02. (There's more to it than this ...it's just a start.)
There are tons to address in your post...I had time for just this one thing.
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-11-2017, 04:08 PM
SleepyWarrior SleepyWarrior is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 24
 
Thank you! That was a very simple and clear answer :)

I do tend to be a kind person, I think. Like I give money to homeless people and buy little presents for my friend, and if someone needs to talk but I want to be alone, i'll most likely talk to them anyway. Just little things, I guess. I don't really feel kindness within me when I do these things though, theyre just second nature!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-11-2017, 07:37 PM
TheGlow TheGlow is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: outside the illusion
Posts: 1,468
  TheGlow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
So i'm a person who is pretty tuned in with their chakras, and my heart chakra has always been a problem. In general my chakras are strong, and then get weaker as they get closer to my heart chakra. Personally I think it's because a lot of this hippydippy bull**** that's around the heart chakra lore is quite frankly, bull****.
So that is you blocking your heart chakra by invalidating it. That's ok it might be where you are suppose to be in your journey but for future reference maybe see what is behind this belief, if you wish to open your heart chakra down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
I'm trying to balance it out with the whole crystals, oils and meditation, and they, even if they're just symbols, do have some weak effect, but it's not long lasting. I think this is because the psychological/thoughts side of me overrides it.
You've got it. You are putting up a block or rather hitting a block you've installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
When it comes to the heart chakra and loving others, it all seems like hippy ****. Unconditional love is not healthy and it's certainly not good to easily trust. In my view this world is a harsh place, and as a sensitive person, I need to protect myself. So I feel it's good to be closed off and suspicious of people...why shouldn't I? I will give them my love and fondness when I discover they're worthy of it. I refuse to invest myself in people who aren't worth it, or are just anyone because it's a "spiritual" thing to do. I wont walk around in a bubble of love and beauty because that's not the world we live in... I feel the need to be more of a warrior..

So that reads like fear, and that's ok. I too am a sensitive person so I understand putting up walls to protect. But while trust can be dangerous its really the expectation that others are capable of being who we hope they can be that really hurts us. We can only expect someone will do what they are capable of at this time in their growth just as that is all that can be expected of us.

Unconditional love is really healthy. It has no expectation on outcomes. It loves even if the person loved cannot be who we had hoped or does us harm. It is unaffected, unhurt. It loves and sustains us through healing, Its conditional love that is unhealthy, but its what most people are capable of. What could be scarier than love that disappears if we don't meet some criteria. Its not really love at all if it can disappear, just masquerading. That's dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
And when it comes to love for myself, I don't know if this whole self love stuff is hippy **** too. I struggle to feel love for myself, if anything I'm apathetic towards myself. I take care of myself, but I don't love myself. I like my personality and how I look, but I don't love myself. Is that even possible?
You seem to be trying for conditional self love. Don't lol No one is perfect. Our 3d standards are impossible, our egos sabotage us every step of the way but underneath it all I hope you can find that beautiful feeling even if just in meditation that knows you are a lovely spark of the divine and not to be judged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
I do know, however, I feel a sense of anger and frustration at myself, and a feeling of rejection and spiritual loneliness, like I want to go home. I've been bullied and made to feel not good enough by the world because I'm just a kooky kind of person who has had mental health problems, so i've often felt unwanted by the world, defective and the opposite of what society wants, especially as a female.
The world teaches self rejection and you unfortunately have fallen victim to believing its correct.
I have been there, I also know the urge to go home, its tough here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior

And how can we even BEGIN to work with love when really, a great deal of us dont even know what love is and how to define it? It comes in many forms, then what is love?

Sorry this is a long post, but I want help and for someone to challenge my ideas.

I cant say what will help you. I had my life altering experience on love at 34 its been a process since then to integrate it all. Before then I thought I knew what love was. I didnt. I met love face to face and felt so unworthy. The thing is that seeing another "flawed being" and seeing nothing but the creator in them being unable to judge anything about them, it brought me face to face with my own self judgement and why I couldn't love myself so unconditionally.

A tough 6 years later and having faced most of the true "****" as you say isn't unconditional love its our judgments and our separation from that unconditional love. Most people never cross paths with it.

People say they love family unconditionally but by definition being family is a condition.

All Ii can tell you is meditation to really connect to the energy of unconditional love is worth while. It took me 3 years to get to the point I could connect with it at anytime but I would highly recommend it. Then if you can try to see life struggles through that energy. Someone hurts you pull back into that unconditional love energy and poof all there is, is compassion and HUGE love and its ok.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-11-2017, 02:50 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,746
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
So i'm a person who is pretty tuned in with their chakras, and my heart chakra has always been a problem. In general my chakras are strong, and then get weaker as they get closer to my heart chakra. Personally I think it's because a lot of this hippydippy bull**** thats around the heart chakra lore is quite frankly, bull****.

I'm trying to balance it out with the whole crystals, oils and meditation, and they, even if theyre just symbols, do have some weak effect, but it's not long lasting. I think this is because the psychological/thoughts side of me overrides it.

When it comes to the heart chakra and loving others, it all seems like hippy ****. Unconditional love is not healthy and it's certainly not good to easily trust. In my view this world is a harsh place, and as a sensitive person, I need to protect myself. So I feel it's good to be closed off and suspicious of people...why shouldnt I? I will give them my love and fondness when I discover theyre worthy of it. I refuse to invest myself in people who arent worth it, or are just anyone because it's a "spiritual" thing to do. I wont walk around in a bubble of love and beauty because thats not the world we live in... I feel the need to be more of a warrior.

And when it comes to love for myself, I don't know if this whole self love stuff is hippy **** too. I struggle to feel love for myself, if anything I'm apathetic towards myself. I take care of myself, but I don't love myself. I like my personality and how I look, but I don't love myself. Is that even possible? I do know, however, I feel a sense of anger and frustration at myself, and a feeling of rejection and spiritual loneliness, like I want to go home. I've been bullied and made to feel not good enough by the world because I'm just a kooky kind of person who has had mental health problems, so i've often felt unwanted by the world, defective and the opposite of what society wants, especially as a female.

And how can we even BEGIN to work with love when really, a great deal of us dont even know what love is and how to define it? It comes in many forms, then what is love?

Sorry this is a long post, but I want help and for someone to challenge my ideas.
I'm totally with you on this one, but I shall let you in on a secret.

Certain people are the nurturing, caring, empathetic and sympathetic types who spout all that hippy-dippy 'love stuff' and other people are just not. It is not in their nature to be that way, no matter what anybody else says. It is particularly typical of the INTJ personality type and for us to be any 'different' would be us not 'being ourselves' or being true to our very nature.

It's not that we necessarily hate others either because we cannot feel love or compassion, but for some reason it is non-existent despite all of those 'hippy dippy' types saying "it is there, but you're not looking hard enough" because all you can do is just laugh at them.

People who just cannot relate to themselves or others on an emotional level must find a way to open their heart chakra using other methods, irrespective of the words or sentiment from others, because all that does, is harden our hearts more.

We find beauty and love in mathematics, in sacred geometry, in the wonderment and amazement of natural phenomenon and in tales of animal loyalty and kindness...we see beyond the superficial 'hippy dippy' into the heart of all matter, the perfection and structure of the universe and the supreme consciousness or force which governs it all.

We see ourselves as complex biological beings, as atomic and chemical complexities giving rise to this human existence and vibrating in tune with cosmic algorithms as the macrocosm becomes the microcosm. We exist on an entirely different level of awareness from those who say; 'love yourself' or 'love others' as we cannot feel love from any 'personal' aspect whatsoever, we only feel unconditional love at an entirely impersonal level, that isn't dependent upon material existence, as being 'self' or 'other' and yet, we are existentially isolated because others don't feel the same way we do...but our heart chakras become open due to this process and it leads to exactly the same place anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Greg Walworth Greg Walworth is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 21
 
Self love is an odd concept for most; possibly Hollywood’s fault…? Love is actually easy; we do it every time we interact with a pet. The way you feel towards your cat or dog can tell you if you are currently allowing yourself to open up to this emotion. Pay attention to the way your dog or cat etc. responds to your anger towards them. There’s not much that will upset them for any period of time; they forgive VERY freely; unconditional love. Love put simply is nothing more than heart-felt “gratitude”. If you appreciate yourself, then you love yourself. How easily you forgive yourself and others for critical errors can tell you a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-12-2017, 02:25 PM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 746
 
You are absolutely right that the psychological/ thought side of you overrides any external source you may use. That is because the real power comes from our minds, those other things are just tools we use to get there. I don't believe the tools themselves hold much real power, maybe some energy, but the real power comes from our thoughts.

Unconditional love is necessary for us to build a world that is not going to destroy itself. I don't look at unconditional love as being a door mate though, or instantly trusting everyone. People have to earn trust, and that is different than treating everyone in a loving way. Unconditional love, to me, means an understanding of where the person is coming from and accepting that this is where they are right now. And you know why, because you understand their motives. Than you love them like a parent loves a child and you discipline them. This means to me, that I can love a criminal as a person, and treat them with respect, while at the same time, giving them the punishment they deserve and need to experience.
This is the same as a good parent loves a child, and yet gives them the discipline they need to experience.

When you love yourself, then you want to let go of anger, because walking around with that stuff only really hurts yourself. Spiritual loneness and wanting to go home, seems to be par for the course for a lot of people on spiritual paths, finding people you can relate to can be difficult. I do think self love is possible, and why wouldn't you love yourself? You have to live with yourself. You have to forgive yourself and extend yourself the same understanding you do to others when in unconditional love.
I've been bullied too, once you understand why the bully did what they did, you can start to forgive them and yourself and move on. Bullies usually are bullied and abused themselves and just continuing the cycle. It really helps if you can let go of caring what other people think and live for yourself, I think this is key to self love.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:14 PM
singra singra is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
 
i have the same problem with my heart chakra but it gets better when i have it nice around me and seeing much green and purple. This is a lesson for you so just try to love yourself <3
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 PM
Melahin Melahin is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,436
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
Sorry this is a long post, but I want help and for someone to challenge my ideas.

As long as you have stuck emotions in your energy field / body / whatever, you are not going to go very far. Some call it the class ceiling I think, some the upper limit problem where we give ourselves a limit to how much we are worth based on past experiences. That guy with the emotion code talks about heart walls. As we let go of these stuck emotions we begin to feel more free, and love becomes a natural feeling... not some beep thing we try to put on because that is just the right thing to do. That is the hippydippy thing I will agree with you on that you should stray from because it is just not very helpful... if you are sad, allow yourself to be sad and release it... then as you create more space in yourself you naturally become happy, loving, kind, generous... you become the kind of person you know you are, and always were meant to be
__________________
I am the flower, the tree, the vine. I am the path
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums