Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Newbie ;)

`Silence` from the Otherside?

Dear SF,

You might rember my earlier writings a couple of weeks ago. A thread about the sudden loss of the person I believe to be my soulmate, the Love of my Life. The week after the accident there where many `signs` like fire alarm randomly goes off (and stops), dropping objects, strong feeling of a presence, light flickering etc.

Now a couple weeks have passed, seven to be exact. And I got to admit that it has been silent since the day of the funeral. There have been no more `clear` signs. (Or I am just missing them?) I do have a lot of dreams involving her, but none that seem to carry a deep hidden message so far. I do swear hear her voice at times spooking through my mind, like she is communicating with me on a different level. And get these random flashbacks of memories we shared together.

I am sad and worried about all of this in truth of this absence. I still do my best to write and spend time in thoughts with her, go to her grave, spend time with family and friends.

I am just not sure what to think of all this or if this is a normal process?
-Am I blocking myself in the connection with her through emotion-overthinking
-Is she moved on to better things (without me?)

These are just dark doubts rushing through my mind. I wish could just talk with her like we used too, get all this sorted out.

Looking for tips and personal experiences dealing with this and how to improve our relationship from this situation.

Feel very alone in this, but there must be more on SF with good insight.

Thanks
Old 16-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Ascender

Youre not alone; I too long for more signs from my late mother. There were things in the immediate weeks that made me stop and think but in recent months not so much. It makes me wonder that in my deepest grief I put a spin on events that were really quite explainable. Having said that I still had an unusual phone call a couple of months afterwards that was hard to explain.

We all long for that communication and envy those who seem to get it at the drop of a hat; you wonder are they lucky, gifted or just bonkers

I still think there should be more evidence than the threads we so far have
Old 17-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Metal, I agree with what you say. It just worries me at times that others seem to get such clear signs. And others of us, are left less lucky. I have the feeling hear her voice in my mind during the day.. Is it a telepathy or is it my mind fabricating such things.

It is difficult, it seems to come down to faith and following your inner guidance system.

Sure would be nice if we could all get these clear signs, to just know how they are doing and they still care about us.

More input is always welcome, thanks.
Old 17-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Master
I had tons of signs when my son first passed in the first couple years but then they slowly stopped happening, but the signs I did get were very welcome and I felt so wonderful having received them. It obviously happens the way it's meant to and we all have different needs. I never got signs when my brother died in a car accident (he was 18 I was 14) but I was too young to appreciate them and was mourning him anyway. My mom's death I thought would kill me, but I was very busy in life back then in '83; and um, even though I never get signs from her anymore, she was loved so very much and I wistfully think how much it would be nice to have signs now and then (I think she may have had her last life - reincarnation because she was so very much loved by me and my half-brother). My dad I get him visiting in dreams every once in a while, and I even feel his presence on rare occasions, as well. I hope sharing all this helps.

Old 17-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Master

My cousin passed a couple of weeks ago - by her own hand. I am hurting enormously for her if I go into that space. But if I go into a space of respect for her decision then I can sense her more readily. I physically have to make it "safe" for her as I sense too much emotion for her to show through. I sense other cousins and my aunt (her mother) are just in too much pain. I am not surprised.

I am removed enough to be able to chose whether I go to the pain or quietly honour her.

That's not decrying the emotion of grief. It's an emotion rich from the heart. It's an emotion of love. And everyone walks their own way in the journey of grief.

My cousin's funeral is tomorrow and I will have my own ceremony for her at that time. I expect the funeral will release her somewhat.
Old 17-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei
Dear SF,

You might rember my earlier writings a couple of weeks ago. A thread about the sudden loss of the person I believe to be my soulmate, the Love of my Life. The week after the accident there where many `signs` like fire alarm randomly goes off (and stops), dropping objects, strong feeling of a presence, light flickering etc.

Now a couple weeks have passed, seven to be exact. And I got to admit that it has been silent since the day of the funeral. There have been no more `clear` signs. (Or I am just missing them?) I do have a lot of dreams involving her, but none that seem to carry a deep hidden message so far. I do swear hear her voice at times spooking through my mind, like she is communicating with me on a different level. And get these random flashbacks of memories we shared together.

I am sad and worried about all of this in truth of this absence. I still do my best to write and spend time in thoughts with her, go to her grave, spend time with family and friends.

I am just not sure what to think of all this or if this is a normal process?
-Am I blocking myself in the connection with her through emotion-overthinking
-Is she moved on to better things (without me?)

These are just dark doubts rushing through my mind. I wish could just talk with her like we used too, get all this sorted out.

Looking for tips and personal experiences dealing with this and how to improve our relationship from this situation.

Feel very alone in this, but there must be more on SF with good insight.

Thanks

Dear Kensei,
My heart-felt kindest thoughts to you. You sound as if you are being very brave under the circumstances, and have a lovely attitude to your beloved in spirit.

I also have a very dear one who passed over, so may be able to offer some words which might help you.

It is a normal process, yes. But for us 'stuck down here', the processes of spirit, and the apparent separation from our loved ones can be very hard to get through.
You will be feeling some kind of grieving. That is natural. You are not a robot. There are some who say the grieving process blocks contact with loved ones....but I disagree partly. It can do, if the grieving is heavy, self-centered, hopeless, despairing, and brings out the 'worst' in you. But if your grieving has a quality of deepest love about it, and tears shed have a heart-felt quality, then even that can help you attune your love.

They have to go -in a sense. They have to move into their true state of Being which is a natural thing to happen. It is a healthy and good thing to do that.
But what happens when they 'get there' is their love arrives at a much better vantage-point. No, they don't forget us, and no they don't move on and find something better....but they do certainly have things to do there.
At the same time, because of the better vantage-point they achieve, they also see that with love there never really is any separation.
They can come and visit us. They can attune their love and thoughts to us, and often do.
But also they have other missions to do.

Their visits to us become finer, and not so many 'bells and whistles' (phenomena) attached. A sudden sense of their character, and a wash of love in the heart, can signal their presence out of the blue, at any time of night or day. And usually, there is so much sweetness, peace and happiness attached when we sense them. But the feeling is very heart-centered.
They will be less likely to be moving things around, affecting electricity, dropping feathers about....and all those kinds of things. However -that doesn't mean they can't! Or never will! Anything could happen.

And yes, sometimes they feel very distant and far away, and that can feel scary -like they have left. But it really isn't that way, because if you are patient, kind, understanding, and above all, hold them in your love often, they will come back when they can.
And when they can't....they most want us to hold onto the love, and trust in it, and also get on with our lives with as much grace as possible.

Love -believe me -is never forgotten.
Old 18-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Master
My heart felt compassion goes out to you and its good to see you back here and hanging in there despite missing your soul mate so much.

Tobi kind of nailed my experiences with those loved ones who have left.

I'll add to it some here-say which sounds pretty good. I say here-say because I have no first hand knowledge that this is the case.
It's said that after leaving our body we can if we choose hang around for a bit, maybe attend our own funeral, be around loved ones. But once we cross into a certain frequency level, call it going into the Light, we have a lot of work to do, life Review, meeting others who are there waiting, catching up, and that it's a whole learning curve to get back down into lower frequency's like the 3rd dimension, because we have returned to our most natural etheric level of existence which is a much higher frequency plane.
And when they are able to return it's more as Tobi suggests - it's more subtle, more refined, a gentle whisper, a sense of presence, perhaps the scent of a perfume, a warm rush of a loving feeling.

I can tell you first hand from experience that my brother is able to interact with me when my frequency is much higher - he doesn't have to dip down so far when I can meet him part way. He's been extremely important at certain places during my awakening. A God Send :)
(He passed over about 39 years ago)
They do make contact again, or perhaps more true, we get our self cleaned up more so we can sense that they've always been with us all along.
Old 18-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Silver, thank you for sharing it does offer some comfort. Perhaps I need to learn to attune better to the higher vibrations in order to open the line better.

Belle, and that is the challenge for us as `physical human` these emotions and thoughts that rush around in our minds. Will do my best to become more balanced and pick up some meditation.

Tobi, Thank you for sharing your wisdom. It seems too allign with my personal believe. It just is difficult at times, you just want a clear sign or communication, black-white evidence. It just does not work that way I suppose. And then the fear - sadness kicks in (which in turn makes you less receptive of connection) Will do my best to keep writing, honoring and seeking connection from a place of Love.

Crystal, thanks for your input. It is perhaps true that my frequency is just lower these days. Going to try and work on that over the next couple of weeks.

And when my day and age comes, I really hope she will be there waiting for me.
Old 19-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Condolences extended to all who recently have a friend or family member pass on....
Old 22-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Raven Poet

Dear Kensei - I just wanted to reply before reading this thread through to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your loved one. You have my deepest condolences and wishes for comfort and peace to sustain you through your sadness.

I sure hope the connection is re-established for you soon. Please take care.