Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 16-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Experiencer
Computer code found in superstring theory

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I can't post the URL since I'm a newbie, but basically it seems as though a physicist found the same error-correcting code that is found in computers is also found in the smallest bits of information in all particles in the universe. Or something to that effect anyway. It could just be coincidence, but it seems to support the same conclusion that the ancients knew thousands of years ago. Reality is an illusion. What do you all think?
Old 16-04-2012, 03:40 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRayne
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I can't post the URL since I'm a newbie, but basically it seems as though a physicist found the same error-correcting code that is found in computers is also found in the smallest bits of information in all particles in the universe. Or something to that effect anyway. It could just be coincidence, but it seems to support the same conclusion that the ancients knew thousands of years ago. Reality is an illusion. What do you all think?

I don't quite follow. Could you be more specific please? Maybe some details? Thanks,

~ C.
Old 16-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Experiencer
From what I understand of it, hidden in superstring theory equations at the most fundamental level of the universe there are the exact same equations that operate computers. I couldn't begin to try to tell you what those equations are, the physicist calls them "self-dual error-correcting block codes." There's a video of it on youtube that will give a better explanation of it then I can.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Henri77

Yes, I've seen the video. and a non mathemetician can only take their word for a concept that's a bit difficult to follow.
What this ultimately suggests I can't exactly guess, as I didn't watch the entire thing.
Probably astonishing to a physicist, but I doubt it changes OUR view of reality, those who don't rely on science to verify our perception.

"physical reality as illusion" ,well yes this isn't quite front page news.

One day , non locality of mind will be verified.... whoopee !
Old 16-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Greybeard

If this reality is an illusion then why is my stubbed toe throbbing?

Why do we need scientific/mathematical proof that this reality is a sham? Is it that otherwise it seems all too real?

Given the lack of any viable alternative reality, perhaps we would do well to try getting along in this one.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRayne
I saw that video about a month ago, right about the time I was getting cosmic nudges about the nature of reality! Pretty interesting.

I think reality is illusion. At least in terms of what most people think reality is while going about their daily lives. Right now I'm reading Jane Robertson's "The Nature of Personal Reality"!
Old 16-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard

Why do we need scientific/mathematical proof that this reality is a sham? Is it that otherwise it seems all too real?

Given the lack of any viable alternative reality, perhaps we would do well to try getting along in this one.

Many many many ,say that earth is a school.
A convincing yet an impermanent reality.

While not that many have perceived the "eternal" reality that is us, we all get
glimpses from time to time.

Those who have had near death experiences however, KNOW that life is a dream of sorts.

One to be made the most of, yet still, a collective dream. Possibly just one of a number of co-existing universes.
Old 16-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard

A lot of us try getting along in this one - and them some experience comes along and slaps us in the face with the knowledge that there's more going on than we suspected...
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 16-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Juanita

I personally don't need science to tell me that life is an illusion -- a necessary one, but illusion just the same.....we are but players acting out a part we have chosen to play in the theatre we call life/reality and when our part is over, we exit the stage and go Home.........
Old 16-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Interesting...I am sure there will be more discoveries of the same nature. I like that reference juanita:)