Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Experiencer
Not Meant ...

I don't know why God puts all these crazy feelings inside of you for someone who is obviously not right for you. Shouldn't he be giving you these feelings for someone who is meant for you instead? Why go thru pain and suffering? Doesn't make sense.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Experiencer

May I ask why you situate these feelings as having been placed on you from the outside e.g. by God?

Wherever the feelings come from, it is up to you to feel the feelings and learn from them. That is, essentially, what we are here to do - to learn.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
I don't know why God puts all these crazy feelings inside of you for someone who is obviously not right for you. Shouldn't he be giving you these feelings for someone who is meant for you instead? Why go thru pain and suffering? Doesn't make sense.

What makes you sure it's God?

Two answers - one is the old cliché: God works in mysterious ways.
The other: it's some entity throwing maya at you.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Master

sigh. How may times do I gotta point out that the bible specifically says God made a curse?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Knower
I think you forgot that God gave you the gift of free will. He does encourage us to love one another but as far as those feelings are concerned, we get what we choose because it’s our feelings and our decision to like and choose that person. You can’t blame God for the choices you have made. As soon as my ex caused havoc in my life, that was when I said this kind of relationship wasn’t for me. If anything you become teased by the person you like that he/she could never be.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightingalesFlame
I think you forgot that God gave you the gift of free will. He does encourage us to love one another but as far as those feelings are concerned, we get what we choose because it’s our feelings and our decision to like and choose that person. You can’t blame God for the choices you have made. As soon as my ex caused havoc in my life, that was when I said this kind of relationship wasn’t for me. If anything you become teased by the person you like that he/she could never be.

It raises that discussion about what game God was playing, (notionally) providing as much evil as good so that people had to exercise their free will at all. The Biblical declaration is that God created everything - in which case "He" created Satan and Pandora's box. But why? The paradox is that if God didn't create the devil, some entity created them both. Or that something went wrong in the emanations from a True Creator and that the Judao-Christian God is a demiurge somewhere down the line.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It raises that discussion about what game God was playing, (notionally) providing as much evil as good so that people had to exercise their free will at all. The Biblical declaration is that God created everything - in which case "He" created Satan and Pandora's box. But why? The paradox is that if God didn't create the devil, some entity created them both. Or that something went wrong in the emanations from a True Creator and that the Judao-Christian God is a demiurge somewhere down the line.

there is no end to the spin you can put on things. Can keep you entertained forever...
Old 09-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Guide
Maybe loving them from afar shows we can love without expecting anything in return.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Knower
The Lord works in mysterious ways. I don’t know. There is truly no particular definitive answer to why God created this and then that. Why did God create man-eating sharks if he loves us so much??? but then why did he allow His own son to suffer on the cross?? and this thread started off about relationships with people. Part of the reason is God created the world as a classroom to learn and you wouldn’t learn anything without going through stuff... you would also not acknowledge God for anything or need Him for anything if you are that content. The answer is what you perceive whatGod is to you.