Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
Thanks guys.

Ultimately I'm not afraid of death, and I know I won't be around to be concerned with all this when I die.
I have relatives, but they are not dependable in the slightest. So I have moments like these when I feel very much alone because I have no family to tell "I want x y z to happen when I die." It seems that most people take it for granted that they will have family to lean on.

You are the greatest dependancy you need when it comes to your personal needs, supporting your path of choice is the best focus anyone can have (this is outside of service to others). Not most though, my wife has no family left either, and lost her mom then her dad 6 monthes later both from cancer. A week after her dad died her grandma died of old age at 99.

She is still dealing with the hit, and still doesnt try to seek what awaits her on her spiritual side. I do everything I can to support her though and she is also currently seeking thoughts for supporting her life choices. Be strong and your path will be shown to you, just be willing to accept it ;)
Old 25-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Ascender
Besides were all here for ya, are we really so bad? HAHA :P
Old 25-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Better known as Jo

Sorry to hear that StarSkye. I'm glad you are not afraid of death but how do you feel about dying alone? Are there things you want to share before your time? Is their a hospice that could help? You've mentioned burden twice...why do you feel like you would be a burden? My heart goes out to you.
Old 25-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks Sammy -

The difference is, your wife has you for support. I literally have zero people. But I'm making progress so that I can finalise plans.
Old 25-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
Sorry to hear that StarSkye. I'm glad you are not afraid of death but how do you feel about dying alone? Are there things you want to share before your time? Is their a hospice that could help? You've mentioned burden twice...why do you feel like you would be a burden? My heart goes out to you.

Some of my relatives are aged and already have to take responsibility for their spouses, parents, and children. Besides, I'm estranged from them. I don't want them to have to deal with my passing too if that happens.

I'm in a perfect bill of health, and for all I know, I could live another 50 years. At the same time, maybe not. I'm doing this in case of accidental death. This gives me an opportunity to write down last words for them to read upon my death.
Old 25-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Master
StarSkye... My advice is to get a cheap lawyer who will help you prepare the necessary documents for whatever plans you have for after your death.

Xan

Old 25-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Master
Star i know this sounds morbid but a few years ago I was working in the medical sciences building at a university and a person there told me if you donate your body so the med students can do practice on, after 2 years the university pays for a funeral and the grave and all the expenses involved.

That might help you spend all your money now on things you want while alive instead of on that.

Also are you coping ok? From your situation I sure could understand if you feel unhappy and I why and I feel for you, if you do feel that way it is a good idea to seek help if it is excessive.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 25-05-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 25-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm sorry you're in this situation. I have no practical advice to give but hopefully you're more aware of possibilities and options now. Just wanted to say I hear you and give you a big hug. I don't have no one but I don't have a lot of people either and I have to admit I do get worried about this even though I'm in my thirties. I echo what the others say about you being an important part of the Divine whole so you're not truly alone. I comfort myself with thoughts of who will be there when I cross over...and hope you can too.
Old 25-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
... a few years ago I was working in the medical sciences building at a university and a person there told me if you donate your body so the med students can do practice on, after 2 years the university pays for a funeral and the grave and all the expenses involved.

That might help you spend all your money now on things you want while alive instead of on that.

What a great idea, Au.

Xan

Old 25-05-2012, 09:51 PM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
I am in a strange situation. I have literally no family, no church, no emergency contact, no one that can be notified should something tragic happen to me. As things are right now, the state would have to claim me as unidentified and put my body somewhere.

Is there a way I can fix this? I don't want to burden any stranger with funeral planning, burial, etc. Do funeral homes have plans for people who have literally no one? I will call and begin to do research. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter at all what happens after I die. Other times (like right now), I feel like I have to quickly take matters into my own hands because anything could happen.

Ideas?

As for me, since I am not religious and I don't want to be cremated either, I would notify the hospitals that I am an organ donor and they can use my "body" for scientific medical purposes. The way I see it is we no longer need our physical bodies upon death. My mother prefers that I have a funeral with a priest (because she is religious and I'm not) but I refuse. I know that my mother will disrespect my wishes and I would not want her planning mine. I, too, don't have any close relatives or friends and I am at peace with that.