Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Why would one want to contact dead people when there are good people who are alive and who give us the same information?

Has anybody ever gotten some useful information from the beyond, like "this is where I buried the loot from the bank robbery I was involved in and you do not even know about"? Or "this weeks lotto numbers will be ...."?

I have the impression that what is heard from beyond is pretty much the same all the time, "I am fine, don't worry, love you, ....." Has anyone gotten a message that says "Oh <expletive>, it is so damn hot here. We get roasted alive, errr, sorry, 'alive' might be a bit misleading."?

How many times does one need to get convinced that being dead is OK?

In answer to your question, I received a message via a Medium from someone in spirit, who was able to pin-point where a very important paper was. My mother had searched everywhere, it was found inside a book. She was told it was a hardback book on motocycles :)
Old 12-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I saw a medium who told me I have an autistic child, plus that there had been a recent death of a baby in the family. She described the baby's grave and said lots more besides. After having a reading from a medium who came out with the standard stuff you describe, I was both amazed and thrilled!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
glenos

I must have had a hundred messages in my life. Some were way off kilter but the majority have been very good. Some have been downright mind bogglingly, hair raisingly, incredi-mega-bly accurate. Like 20 years down the line accurate, and some the next day or so later. Bang on ones only known to me ones.
I have seen Spirit with my own eyes on many occasions. I have had phenomena in front of those same eyes that would have had people heading for the door if they didn't understand. A lifetime of it. And at last I hear them say.."he knows, he doesn't believe, he knows. Hallelujah!!"

G.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, I have been told or read somewhere that in the bible it says, do not contact the dead. It is forbidden. If that is the case, it may not be a good idea to learn or to become a medium. I am not a religious person and I do not believe everything it says in the bible. What are your thoughts?
Then you can't contact your guardian angels or any of the archangels who USED to be the Saints here on Earth because they're dead people. Sure they're considered widely that they're above humans now, but they're still dead folks. If it's forbidden, you can't contact your dead relatives or guides either, isn't that fun?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:23 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Why would one want to contact dead people when there are good people who are alive and who give us the same information? I disagree. People contact the dead for many reasons, for comfort, for proof and for closure. The "good" people who are alive cannot give the same information the sittees are looking for and the living tend to hide information that the deceased will give up willingly.

Has anybody ever gotten some useful information from the beyond, like "this is where I buried the loot from the bank robbery I was involved in and you do not even know about"? Or "this weeks lotto numbers will be ...."? i have gotten very useful information for the sittee before, I don't know anyone looking for info on bankrobberies and it is a well known fact you can't get lotto numbers, that would be personal gain.

I have the impression that what is heard from beyond is pretty much the same all the time, "I am fine, don't worry, love you, ....." Has anyone gotten a message that says "Oh <expletive>, it is so damn hot here. We get roasted alive, errr, sorry, 'alive' might be a bit misleading."? no you have it quite back wards. people are looking for proof when they see a medium, not i am fine, i love you although i don't see anything wrong with that. "we get roasted alive"?????? well that's just plain out and out rude to say.

How many times does one need to get convinced that being dead is OK?

as many as it takes. what's wrong with knowing everyone is ok and happy and can still communicate with them on a different level?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, I have been told or read somewhere that in the bible it says, do not contact the dead. It is forbidden. If that is the case, it may not be a good idea to learn or to become a medium. I am not a religious person and I do not believe everything it says in the bible. What are your thoughts?

I think that we should exercise our judgment as in all matters and not blindly follow what is said in a book. There are good reasons why you wouldn't communicate with just any discarnate but there's no explanation for that in the Bible.

Rather like the curate's egg, the Bible is good in parts but horses for courses - it's not a blueprint for life.

Oh by the way, unlike learning to become a doctor, teacher, TV repair guy etc, you don't just learn to be a medium.

But that's a topic for serious debate and the Bible has nothing to teach on it.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I think that we should exercise our judgment as in all matters and not blindly follow what is said in a book. There are good reasons why you wouldn't communicate with just any discarnate but there's no explanation for that in the Bible.

Rather like the curate's egg, the Bible is good in parts but horses for courses - it's not a blueprint for life.

Oh by the way, unlike learning to become a doctor, teacher, TV repair guy etc, you don't just learn to be a medium.

But that's a topic for serious debate and the Bible has nothing to teach on it.

sorry i have to disagree with you on "you just don't learn to be a medium". 10 years ago i was not able to do what i am today. It took years of training and working hard to develop it. I wanted to learn how to be a medium. But i will say i was born a sensitive.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto
Hi there,
Well I am a Christian, but I respect all views and ideas. I don't care for religion much. I have had some bad experiences with to much judgement not enough love of Christ...

I also know it says in the Bible The holy Spirit gives gifts of the Holy spirit as he choses. But I believe in a all Loving God that wants to help us, and help others...
So if you are given a gift say healing touch, discernment between spirits, or what have you. He wants us to help one another... And I personally see no sin in that. Take care Melanie

"Well I am a Christian, but I respect all views and ideas." Really? Even the likes of Jim Jones in Waco, TX two decades ago, the polygamists in Colorado City, AZ, eight years back, the Roman Catholic child-molesting priests' ideas and views, widespread generally?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Rumar

Everyone's born sensitive, babies are able to see spirits because they're pure with the freedom from corruption, single-mindedness, ignorance, and specific religious beliefs from today's society. So just trying to re-open to that sensitivity is the work you gotta do.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:01 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
sorry i have to disagree with you on "you just don't learn to be a medium". 10 years ago i was not able to do what i am today. It took years of training and working hard to develop it. I wanted to learn how to be a medium. But i will say i was born a sensitive.

You have made the point yourself that I now don't need to.... You worked hard to develop what was latent.

See what I meant?