Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
you cannot know, don’t try to know, all knowledge is false, don’t fill this in the mind, be empty, forget all knowledge, be as a child. O my mind
Yes so true, we cannot know, so all effort is in vain, give up the idea that you can ever know, and this will allow all Knowing, its so paradoxical, and so much fun lol.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I really like where you are going with this. The unknown is a place to become friendly with not to shy away from. In my book anyway.
"Not to shy away from", he he, so cute, I love it.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes so true, we cannot know, so all effort is in vain, give up the idea that you can ever know, and this will allow all Knowing, its so paradoxical, and so much fun lol.

so true,
a rishi of upnishad says, it is not true that I know and it is not also true that I don’t know.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Master
What are beliefs?
Here's a simple definition:

A belief is an assumed truth.
Hence everything is a belief -- including this statement.
We create beliefs to anchor our understanding of the world around us and so, once we have formed a belief, we will tend to persevere with that belief.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
so true,
a rishi of upnishad says, it is not true that I know and it is not also true that I don’t know.
Yes, and when these words are spoken to one who hasn't Realized this for their SELF, it all makes no sense, the Cosmic joke is that they do Know, but they have forgotten.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes, and when these words are spoken to one who hasn't Realized this for their SELF, it all makes no sense, the Cosmic joke is that they do Know, but they have forgotten.
you are right
Old 27-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Buzz

Quote:
What are beliefs?
Here's a simple definition:

A belief is an assumed truth.
Hence everything is a belief -- including this statement.
We create beliefs to anchor our understanding of the world around us and so, once we have formed a belief, we will tend to persevere with that belief.

This is nice. It put me in touch with something and that is not to attempt to strangle beliefs as the very attempt to do that creates another.
Some beliefs are handy to have about eg gravity for starters. I like believing in gravity.
But the other aspect that came to mind is that of a butterfly lightly touching upon rather than embracing.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Master
We are like one big pot of stew, feeling our way around the stew, naming what we see or or feel, or hear, we through many years of evolution have obtained mechanisms that are now very sophisticated, but still they are the same, just a mechanism to feel our way through this stew, some are feeling one part and believing that their belief in that one part is what the stew is made from, or even who made the stew. Be still and Know that you are the stew, now taste the stew, its you.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
you are right
No I'm not right, the words that point are right, or are they lol.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
This is nice. It put me in touch with something and that is not to attempt to strangle beliefs as the very attempt to do that creates another.
Some beliefs are handy to have about eg gravity for starters. I like believing in gravity.
But the other aspect that came to mind is that of a butterfly lightly touching upon rather than embracing.
Yes, so called beliefs of such as you said, like gravity, can be used in the same way as time, there's no time, but the concept helps us to get by in the world we made thus far.