Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
It is my understanding that Jesus encouraged us to have personal power and evolve the Christ Self.

Christian religions do not seem to understand how to teach this to its followers.

Witchcraft that advocates the "Harm No One" teaching does a better job with that, as I see these things.

John,

I believe that's what the Gnostics were teaching before they were eliminated by the Constantine non-Gnostics (or whatever the opposite of Gnostics are). But the Constantine-ite Christian authorities couldn't allow that development of the Christ Self inside each of us because that doesn't concentrate power with the authorities of the church. It's far better for them if they take power away from people and take it for themselves.
Old 31-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Occultist

John32241 Witchcraft does not teach "Harm No one" Wicca does Witchcraft doesnt.
Old 31-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eyes
Interesting. Thanks for all your posts too Occultist. I notice you quote a lot of things from the Bible. You seem to know it quite well. Were you once a Christian, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like you are heavily into the occult, it's great that you know what you want out of life and your comfortable with your chosen path.

Wish I could be so certain sometimes.
NO I study Theology and Religions I even go to churches to study different types of Christianity I went to temple for several years also.
Old 31-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
It is my understanding that Jesus encouraged us to have personal power and evolve the Christ Self.

Christian religions do not seem to understand how to teach this to its followers.

Witchcraft that advocates the "Harm No One" teaching does a better job with that, as I see these things.

If, (as both the ancient teachings, and modern day Physics tell us), the material world is the illusion...then really, isn't it about realizing the greater reality and truth, concerning ourselves, and, "the world"?

And, how do we do this but by letting go of the illusory substance of things... the sensual, the material, and the carnal?
And what is avarice, hate, envy and seeking revenge but part of this?

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/
As Ms. Hepburn also posted...

'Lahiri Mahasaya
"Remember that you belong to no one and that no one belongs to you.
Reflect that some day you will suddenly have to leave everything in this world—so
make the acquaintance of God now," the great guru told his disciples.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bun­dle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.

Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence."

...Otherwise, you are the slave, will remain enslaved, will be destroyed in your ego.

"That you are a slave, Neo "..."born into bondage...a prison for your mind."
(The Matrix)

"They who sin, are a slave to sin."
Jesus

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
Morphues, I agree with the teaching of Maya. There are many pointers, that indicate that this is not the resting place of the soul. But rather, a temporary place, of passing. Ephemeral at best.

You made reference to Jesus. I think the teachings he gave, which spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven, being one of spirit, and not of flesh, is a also a clear pointer to this very fact.

If we did not know anything about Jesus, but knew of the spirit planes, and just observed the movement of life. We plainly see, that on this plane, people come and people go. There is no staying here. No way to plant roots. It cannot be the true home of the soul.

My understanding of the higher and lower planes is very similar to yours Morpheus. Well said!

The channeled material that I read, also gives us clear illustrations of these planes. So that we can, in the present incarnation, make changes, so as to not wind up in a place that is designed for remedial purposes, mainly purification of the soul.

I enjoyed this post very much Morpheus! Thank you ~

Where might we find a reference to the concept of "levels, and orders" in scripture?
For one, Jesus referred to a punishment situation of many, or few, "lashes".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Master
Deleted Comments. My apologies
Old 27-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Master
I think it sounds really cool! And they don't contradict. They contradict if you are trying to mix hardcore orthodox Christianity with Wicca.

Some of my own beliefs have a wiccan flavor because I just love the earth, trees, the moon, etc. I know there is a Spiritual presence within all living things that is a feminine force.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I think it sounds really cool! And they don't contradict. They contradict if you are trying to mix hardcore orthodox Christianity with Wicca.

Some of my own beliefs have a wiccan flavor because I just love the earth, trees, the moon, etc. I know there is a Spiritual presence within all living things that is a feminine force.

I would think that you also would appreciate the research presented in the dvd, "The Secret Life of Plants", Amillius.
But once again, it just further bears out the predator/prey Matrix we are born into, and find ourselves in.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Newbie ;)

I know this is a really old thread but I was wondering if there are currently any active “Christian Witches”, Christopagans, Trinitarian Wiccans on here? I’m currently leaning toward this way of worship.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Folk Catholicism is around the world a mix of indigenous witchcraft and modern Christian practice. Anyone who says it's not possible is ignorant of entire cultures who are this way. In my own family on my Mexican side I have Catholic witch doctors. It's not a label they give themselves but it's what they are.