Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Until you realize that you are eternal you will always be on the platform of the temporary.

well, if you realize you're eternal what's the point of doing anything, having a purpose? you're already "Here" forever and all the life scenarios are temporary anyway.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
I had written: "Personally, I think we should live in the present, past, and future as is beneficial."

eudaimonia,

Mark

Oops. Looks like I was confused. Being in the past and future is a symptom of desire. Buddha said desire is the cause of suffering.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, if you realize you're eternal what's the point of doing anything, having a purpose? you're already "Here" forever and all the life scenarios are temporary anyway.

The process of realizing your eternal takes many years. Once you do realize that then you will be absorbed in eternal Loving pastimes with the Supreme eternal being. You don't have to be here forever, you can go to the spiritual world.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Being in the past and future is a symptom of desire. Buddha said desire is the cause of suffering.

No, he didn't. The Buddha said that attachment to desire is the cause of suffering. That's a significant difference.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 22-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
Fish

I believe we are here to fulfill many purposes, some of which are not so important and some of which are very important. I also believe that our highest purpose in the human experience is self-actualization - meaning the attainment of the crown chakra, because the fulfillment of that purpose achieves all the other purposes. I believe that life itself is continually evolving as it regenerates itself, and so too with the individual soul in embodiment - whether one is consciously aware of this or not.

I also believe that we bring a lot of these life purposes with us in a subconscious or hidden way, some of which can be discovered through LBL (life between life) hypnotherapy. But a lot of these can be found simply by living life in a conscious way, examining one's biography and lessons learned along the way, being mindful of one's reactive behaviours etc... It isn't necessary to ask psychics and consult astrology. Life itself will mirror what is within - what needs to be expressed, and what needs to be transformed...
Old 22-07-2011, 01:33 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

In the beginning (of this universal cycle), there was One undifferentiated Whole, and.. as such, the One has no feedback, no relationship, no way to understand itself, no 'experience', so.. the One became many (we/us/Life), so it could 'Experience' itself.. and so it is, the purpose of Life is 'Experience', to discover our self just as the One became many to discover and experience its own existence.. Life is a evolving discovery of self through the interactive and interrelated 'experience' with others, and with the whole environment of our existence..

Be well..
Old 22-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
The process of realizing your eternal takes many years. Once you do realize that then you will be absorbed in eternal Loving pastimes with the Supreme eternal being. You don't have to be here forever, you can go to the spiritual world.

i guess if you assume it takes many years to realize the Soul is eternal that's how long it takes. but i might assume i was born with an innate understanding the Soul is eternal and that ALL worlds are spiritual worlds. it'd be silly to expect to be in this world forever since this world won't last forever.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:49 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
No, he didn't. The Buddha said that attachment to desire is the cause of suffering. That's a significant difference.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Attachment and desire are the same thing. So that doesn't make sense. When you are attached to something temporary like the senses and the objects of the senses then you are absorbed in lamenting about the past and hankering for the future. This is suffering.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Attachment and desire are the same thing. So that doesn't make sense. When you are attached to something temporary like the senses and the objects of the senses then you are absorbed in lamenting about the past and hankering for the future. This is suffering.

or you could be brave and accept that the temporary manifestations of your Love will eventually deteriorate and dissolve but be happy that your Love will remanifest in other forms.

some of Us may believe that the manifesting of Love is worth the consequences.
Old 22-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Oops. Looks like I was confused. Being in the past and future is a symptom of desire. Buddha said desire is the cause of suffering.

I’m pretty sure The Buddha would say that seeking self-realization, absolute truth, searching for who I am and who is God……………is desire.
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with him………just if we are going to use his teachings to support our beliefs then we should get them right.
James