Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Summerlander

You make a good point!
Old 20-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Love&Light

I've just realised it was silly of me to even start this scaremongering thread! For which I apologize!
I didn't mean to be negative... it was a 'blonde moment'

Sorry!
Old 21-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Summerlander

Love&Light, don't worry! In fact, this thread has been a very good discussion and I believe that we all learned something here!
Old 21-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have to agree this thread has and will I think continute to go along its path of bringing in some understandings.

We dont need to all see things the same way, to learn something new.

Like in life its about that path we are on to find balance and peace. Not always an easy thing to do, as life at times comes with the negative. Its how we face our fears at times the really defines whom we are.

Lynn
Old 21-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Dragon Bane

The astral plane is filled with spirits beyond counting. Many of which were never human nor know nothing of human morality. They see nothing wrong with taking advantage of you.

There are spirits out for themselves in the astral plane that will try to take advantage of you.

What it sounds like it that you have some sort of combat or warrior aspect to your path, and since you've chosen that road to walk your subconscious will provide hurtles.

"Expect the unexpected."

I once fought a large astral creature that looked like a upside down bowl of jelly wearing two large blue shoes. Adorable yes, generated by my mind? I don't know.

I have the belief that the human brain can't really interpret the form of spirits and we ourselves generate a form we can interact with. More often then not I see spirits in the form of people on the astral plane.

Then every once and a while I encounter something bizarre like the jello monster and it reminds me how much fun projecting is.

Keep your wits sharp and let me know if you want some offensive and defensive tips for astral combat
Old 21-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Bane
Keep your wits sharp and let me know if you want some offensive and defensive tips for astral combat
May I inquire as to what you think you're "fighting"?
And with that in mind... what are you fighting with? Do you think you're "hurting" this other 'being' you're fighting against?
What exactly is the point of "fighting" something in the non-physical?

I asked this once before to someone who felt they were fighting an "astral war"... I couldn't get a straight answer from them.
Old 22-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Dragon Bane

Well I once journeyed trying to meet and speak with a god. I was tested, which is what I expected. I take a form of martial arts and was presented with a room that looked like a dojo, and a few foes appeared. We fought on the astral the same way I would fight any human in the physical. I believe it was all just a representation of a struggle to overcome.

After that there were a few other tests, one I didn't figure out and in the end I didn't get to meet the god.

The jello monster (I'll see if I can MS paint something together cause it's rather amusing.) was another thing I 'fought' on the same quest to meet and speak with a god.

The point of fighting something no physical depends. As I said before I often see spirits in the form of people, and the astral plane takes on a form of a landscape. In this way one could easily equate it to video games with Avatars. Sometimes they are aggressive to me and I defend myself. Other times I want something they have, or they are in my way of achieving a goal and I may attack or become aggressive towards them. I suppose the point of fighting in the non physical is not to win, but simply not to lose.

I'd like to hope I'm doing something against the being I'm 'fighting.' It may be as simple as when I see the opponent throwing punches, or manipulating energy as a weapon, it could be my minds interpretation of a battle of wills, and sympathetic magicks at work.

I will admit that most spirits in the astral have had many, many years to practice energy work and are far superior to my few years of practice.

So I suppose here is a summary.

Q: "May I inquire as to what you think you're "fighting?"

A: Spirits and/ or representations of my subconscious.

Q: "And with that in mind... what are you fighting with?

A: Modified forms of energy, different densities, types (elemental) and of course corrupted or poisonous types. As well all the combat of fighting 'hand-to-hand' may just be my minds way of interpreting a battle of wills or sympathetic magicks at work.

Q: "Do you think you're "hurting" this other 'being' you're fighting against?"

A: More often then not I believe I just 'stun' the spirits, I don't think I have the skill or power required to kill or even really injure one. That being said, even if I can't wound it, it doesn't mean the intent is not there.

Q: "What exactly is the point of "fighting" something in the non-physical?"

A: To defend myself or get someone/thing out of my way when trying to achieve a goal.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Alan

Stunning, paralyzing or otherwise subduing another being in the astral is definitely possible.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Dragon Bane

Agreed. I've stunned them, I do think I've ever killed anything. I'm simply not strong enough :P

I draw roots from some shamanistic principals, and find myself walking with many kinds of spirits. However, when I'm not traveling with plant spirits or other friendly spirits one needs measure to defend themselves.

My primary example is lesser feeder demons who swarm some magicians because they are drawn to the energy they raise and they feed. Tricky creatures. They have such strength and force that one should rely more on tactics and cunning to escape them then a confrontation.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Sangress

Quote:
My primary example is lesser feeder demons who swarm some magicians because they are drawn to the energy they raise and they feed. Tricky creatures. They have such strength and force that one should rely more on tactics and cunning to escape them then a confrontation.

What makes them demons? what do they look like? (all shadows and glowy eyes ;p)

Aren't they just beings who happen to be predatory, rather than a specific "species"?

Quote:
Stunning, paralyzing or otherwise subduing another being in the astral is definitely possible.

so is restraining and entrapping and tracking and manipulating perceptions, but only if your clever and good enough not to get caught out