Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Master
Good balanced post, Time.
Old 28-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Triad

Violence is a human problem and it is up to all of us to make that different.

And by that I mean mankind......
Old 04-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In the beginning in Europe 'white men' lived in peace. They lived in tribes like the other people all over the world did.

What changed that?

They were conquered.

The peaceful European tribes were conquered by more aggressive men. If my history is correct then Rome was the first civilisation to conquer the European tribes. The Empire of Rome spread from Italy all over Europe. And they conquered the Celts, and the Goths, and the Gauls, and perhaps I think the Saxons too.

Those tribes were living at peace with nature just like the Native Americans were before they were conquered.

The fact that those tribes were conquered changed everything.

The Romans made a huge impact on Europe.

The ancient European tribes were conquered and in many centuries later they went on to conquer other tribes across the world. The Africans and Native Americans etc.

What I am trying to say is that 'white men' had their fair share of being conquered and killed before they started doing it themselves. They were invaded and conquered first. Long before Africans and Native Americans were.

So it happened here in Europe first. I'm not sure what the history of Asia and the Orient is....how it happened there.

The whole world has been conquered by someone else at one time or another.

White men included.

Every race of the world was conquered by someone else. History repeats itself.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Every race of the world was conquered by someone else. History repeats itself.

Exactly. Every race has been conquered at some time or another. It is a vicious circle.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Exactly. Every race has been conquered at some time or another. It is a vicious circle.

sometimes i wonder if the world has ended and started over and all of it happens the same but it certainly is a viscous circle of humanity, knowing that should be easier for people to not be as sore and racist for how their people suffered. But then again, not everyone is happy when a bully punches them in the face, whether or not the bully learned that behaviour because their family abuses them.

It's a lesson many have to learn while releasing the pain from the history of their people long ago. Some remember colonization with soreness, and never fully understand that concept. All people are just people, seemingly out to repeat their wounds, perhaps like a beat dog, that turns viscous in the end, learns it because their owner neglected it, or perhaps it's just the spiritual chain reaction of humanity, and the forces of nature make things happen repeatedly. Why, do you think it happens like this? And do you foresee it ever changing, putting an end to the circle? Right now, it seems like something is just waiting to happen in the world.

Everyone has suffered the same, some even worse than what our own people have gone through. History has always repeated itself, the dominant ones, were once the inferior ones.
Before anything was ever recorded, there was always still war.
And even with native people, before any other race came along, we still fought with each other. Even now, some tribes still remain enemies.
Old 13-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
sometimes i wonder if the world has ended and started over and all of it happens the same but it certainly is a viscous circle of humanity, knowing that should be easier for people to not be as sore and racist for how their people suffered. But then again, not everyone is happy when a bully punches them in the face, whether or not the bully learned that behaviour because their family abuses them.

It's a lesson many have to learn while releasing the pain from the history of their people long ago. Some remember colonization with soreness, and never fully understand that concept. All people are just people, seemingly out to repeat their wounds, perhaps like a beat dog, that turns viscous in the end, learns it because their owner neglected it, or perhaps it's just the spiritual chain reaction of humanity, and the forces of nature make things happen repeatedly. Why, do you think it happens like this? And do you foresee it ever changing, putting an end to the circle? Right now, it seems like something is just waiting to happen in the world.

Everyone has suffered the same, some even worse than what our own people have gone through. History has always repeated itself, the dominant ones, were once the inferior ones.
Before anything was ever recorded, there was always still war.
And even with native people, before any other race came along, we still fought with each other. Even now, some tribes still remain enemies.

I agree. Very insightful. That seems to be the procedure of how it happens.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
In the beginning in Europe 'white men' lived in peace. They lived in tribes like the other people all over the world did.

What changed that?

They were conquered.

The peaceful European tribes were conquered by more aggressive men. If my history is correct then Rome was the first civilisation to conquer the European tribes. The Empire of Rome spread from Italy all over Europe. And they conquered the Celts, and the Goths, and the Gauls, and perhaps I think the Saxons too.

Those tribes were living at peace with nature just like the Native Americans were before they were conquered.

The fact that those tribes were conquered changed everything.

The Romans made a huge impact on Europe.

The ancient European tribes were conquered and in many centuries later they went on to conquer other tribes across the world. The Africans and Native Americans etc.

What I am trying to say is that 'white men' had their fair share of being conquered and killed before they started doing it themselves. They were invaded and conquered first. Long before Africans and Native Americans were.

So it happened here in Europe first. I'm not sure what the history of Asia and the Orient is....how it happened there.

The whole world has been conquered by someone else at one time or another.

White men included.

Excellent topic that prompted a late reply from me.

Yes no matter who we are, all people have descended from those who once lived in a primitive tribe. Even the people who were the first Latin Romans came from tribes.

As far as what you said about peaceful tribes being conquered by other more powerful groups, this has been going on since sapiens swept the Neanderthal people away in what is now Europe. As far as peaceful tribes being conquered by the Romans, I’m prone to believe that most of these tribes had warriors and a history of conflict long before the republic and empire. The people who made the transition from independent to Roman subjects were of civilized nations themselves, like the Greeks and those in Palestine. The Celts, Teutons, Parthians and others were more of a warlike nature often subjugating others. Although enjoying early success against the Romans, their style of ‘warrior on warrior’ fighting could not stand up to the well trained legions of Caesar. The Parthians however destroyed a Roman army of thirty thousand and were never fully conquered. It was the spread of Roman Christian religion that survived empire and turned barbarian chieftains into the early Christian kings of Europe's dark ages. That was the death knell for the remaining tribal people of Europe. Conquest, inquisitions, forced conversions pretty much wiped out any large groups of remaining Pagan tribal people.

The eastern tribes were the first to clash with Europeans, fighting them for a few hundred years.

The tribes living in what is now eastern America lived close to nature, but they were in no ways peaceful as many of them had warrior societies. At one time they almost achieved an ancient civilization in the east complete with huge metropolitan centers like Cahokia and poverty point, but such large cities depleted the soil with their large scale agriculture. Game was also hunted out in these areas prompting large parties of hunters to travel into hostile territories of more primitive tribes whom these Mississippians were ever at war with, raiding for foodstuffs and slaves. A combinations of what I mentioned eventually brought down most of the Mississippian mound building culture.

These primitive tribes did not fight like Europeans of the time. The object was not to conquer or exterminate another tribe as there would be no one to raid, next season. A lot of ritual took place before the raid, often in the form of a war dance. Like in the movies, some preferred to attack at dawn thus having the advantage of surprise. Some of the southeastern tribes would even gain honors for killing women and children as they had to get by the enemy warriors to do so. Captives were taken though, to serve as slave like labor and sometimes adopted. Often male captives died a horrible long death at the hands of torturers. A warrior expected as much and often would attempt to go down fighting instead of dying a slow torturous death. Sometimes adult male captives were adopted to make up for a slain son, brother or husband in an enemy family.

When the Europeans came these tribes were decimated by conquest and disease. The ones who didn’t, got caught up fighting on different sides of European rivals and were eventually defeated and exiled during America’s Manifest Destiny.