Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Seeker

Lots of crazy people in every field....that's how it works:)
Old 27-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
looking for anyone they can push underwater for a little more buoyancy

That's a wonderful description, I often don't comment if you have because I naturally think "yes he gets it".

Your appear to be very honest in your reasoning & notions which I think helps the lurkers more than copying & pasting quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
the manipulative seek to use love and compassion as a weapon against me

I've worked with people of varying levels of mental illness & one thing that they all manage to do well is manipulation. I say well, you can see what they are doing but they can really give it a go - so it's not unreasonable to be guarded or cautious. It's not their fault but .. it's not yours either!

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 11-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
LOL

I apologise for being a tad overgeneralising. There are just some on here I would like to see post more than they do because I feel they have a lot more they could share, but their meditative equanimity holds them back.

Some like to share knowledge, some like to vent, others dont wanna share secrets, others feel you should learn on your own.

U never know who the genius is. Even they like to joke and post something pointless...

I wouldnt say were 'off the mark' most spirituals just dont follow the crowd... So i guess u could say we're not normal
Old 11-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Some like to share knowledge, some like to vent, others dont wanna share secrets, others feel you should learn on your own.

U never know who the genius is. Even they like to joke and post something pointless...

I wouldnt say were 'off the mark' most spirituals just dont follow the crowd... So i guess u could say we're not normal
Thank you Brucely and after 18 months, I'm finally starting to get it over the past week or so.

Some feel there's no more knowledge they could share, even if anybody else was remotely interested in it anyway. They don't vent, because they're totally over that stage where they let things affect them, so they don't need to. They realise secrets are kept for a reason, as they only become available to those who are ready and nobody seems to be ready yet....and even if others feel you should learn on your own, that usually gets reinforced by 'please mind your own business' anyway when you try and help out.

So yeah, I totally get it now and when somebody else starts a nice, new thread in the Hindu forum that I feel like replying to and I'm not just imparting knowledge, venting, disclosing secrets or getting involved in the affairs of another, I shall return....because I'm not the type to post 'pointless things' either...well, pointless to me anyway.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you Brucely and after 18 months, I'm finally starting to get it over the past week or so.

Some feel there's no more knowledge they could share, even if anybody else was remotely interested in it anyway. They don't vent, because they're totally over that stage where they let things affect them, so they don't need to. They realise secrets are kept for a reason, as they only become available to those who are ready and nobody seems to be ready yet....and even if others feel you should learn on your own, that usually gets reinforced by 'please mind your own business' anyway when you try and help out.

So yeah, I totally get it now and when somebody else starts a nice, new thread in the Hindu forum that I feel like replying to and I'm not just imparting knowledge, venting, disclosing secrets or getting involved in the affairs of another, I shall return....because I'm not the type to post 'pointless things' either...well, pointless to me anyway.

love this post and brucely's. The more i'm judged for being crazy the more sane i feel!

I'm a firm believer in being present and following intuition.

To me...
The meaning of life is life.
Not finding out the answers to life. not finding out who is cooler or becoming cooler. not finding the love of your life... and definitely not doing anything you dislike.

The more I practice this viewpoint the more i view most of the stuff on this site as the opposite of the above. people complaining about relationships and not being present. to me that is why truly enlightened people are rare on here and don't say very much as the person complaining is sharing what their current lesson is in hopes to get a solution to what they don't want to face.... Themselves.

I don't feel like i keep secrets honestly. There's much i cannot share as at one point in time i wasn't ready for that information. and when i did cross that information i viewed it as "crazy" and way out there. but the more you progress and ascend the more you see why the way you learned was literally only for you! trying to share what you know is pointless in a way. Alan watts and Osho have both remarked how a True teacher has nothing at all to teach you. they can only show you how to learn from yourself.

Also makes sense on why you hear a lot of spiritually wise folk say the words
"I can only tell you what i have experienced"
Old 11-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
love this post and brucely's. The more i'm judged for being crazy the more sane i feel!

I'm a firm believer in being present and following intuition.

To me...
The meaning of life is life.
Not finding out the answers to life. not finding out who is cooler or becoming cooler. not finding the love of your life... and definitely not doing anything you dislike.

The more I practice this viewpoint the more i view most of the stuff on this site as the opposite of the above. people complaining about relationships and not being present. to me that is why truly enlightened people are rare on here and don't say very much as the person complaining is sharing what their current lesson is in hopes to get a solution to what they don't want to face.... Themselves.

I don't feel like i keep secrets honestly. There's much i cannot share as at one point in time i wasn't ready for that information. and when i did cross that information i viewed it as "crazy" and way out there. but the more you progress and ascend the more you see why the way you learned was literally only for you! trying to share what you know is pointless in a way. Alan watts and Osho have both remarked how a True teacher has nothing at all to teach you. they can only show you how to learn from yourself.

Also makes sense on why you hear a lot of spiritually wise folk say the words
"I can only tell you what i have experienced"
Yes, quite true!

Even attempting to have others see my viewpoint is a farce in most cases. I'm not asking for acceptance, I'm not trying to proselytize or push my agenda, all I am trying to do is find is some 'common ground' but even that de-evolves into arguments I am totally fed up with.

Then, whenever I say "I can only tell you what I have experienced" I'm met with "well, that may have worked for you, but there's no way it's going to work for me!" and I go like "how do you know?" and they say "I just do" when the whole underlying truth of the matter is "screw you, I will do whatever I want and I don't need anybody else's advice"....thus the conversation goes around in circles until one inevitably says "I'm out, but good luck with it and all the best".

So after all that, I go on Youtube and I listen to Mantras, devotional music and things...sometimes they are accompanied by a video...people praying to Lord Shiva...people worshiping the Shiva Lingam...people dancing joyously in Shiva's name...and it feels like my heart is being ripped out! Where are those people online? Why am I the only Shiva devotee on this whole forum? Why was I the only Shiva devotee on Hindu forums? on Religious Education Forums? why am I the only Shiva devotee basically online? What's up with that?

I have tried to find 'my kind' as represented online, and they do not exist outside of the 'real world' and 'real life'. So, I must travel to where these folk are if I want to be with others who have had at least similar experiences to myself, because anything outside of that is totally foreign to both myself and anybody else...also Shiva devotees are not 'New Age' in the slightest, because they are aware of certain teachings and knowledge which is totally timeless by the very essence and nature of it! Also, how thousands of years of teachings can become totally corrupted and popularised in their corrupted form in two generations...like Chakras, Kundalini, Tantra and all that stuff! =/

I cannot recognise any of that now, compared to what I was taught from the source of where all that knowledge originated from. I can also read, write, understand Sanskrit...and the personal liberties that have been taken in translation...oh...my...god!

As for the internet, well, that's a whole lot of Maya within Maya itself and there's so much disinformation, so much 'fake news' so much 'alternative factoids' so much rhetorical opinion, so much anonymous ambiguity...yeah, I can totally see why some of the more pious out there avoid it like leprosy.

Then, as much as it hurts to say it, 'online friends' are not real/true friends!. They may be 'digital acquaintances' but you can't hug them, you can't hang with them, have a coffee with them, share an experience with them, get to know them beyond what they type, read their body language, judge their vocal intonations...there is none of that online and I have often said that I get more feedback from a chatbot in regards! Once I said to a chatbot "I am God" and it said back "What makes you believe you are God?" and I have never heard that from another human being!

Anyway, I'm just going on and on about nothing now. I have thought about randomly posting "Om Namah Shivaya" in threads all over here or just taking a net-break for a while...and going to places where 'my kind' actually exist.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:45 AM
Suspended
Old 27-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Seeker

Lurking in the depths of the ocean are some beautifully transparent creatures that seem to be blissfully floating through the deep dark waters ever so gracefully, with an amazingly bright glowing lighted body in fact..
Old 27-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows

Hahaha ha.

Thanks!!
Old 27-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Knower
let's face it...

We are in Kali yuga
A great span of time of adharma and darkness.

Even the teachers of Dharma do behave in adharmic ways it seems.

So let's be kind to ourselves. Yes "we are crazy" no doubt...

But in this time age....

Even to think of, or just having the desire, to get free,
to have Moksha enlightenment, to know our real Self, our inborn divinity................ is not that bad !