Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It's just my own perceptions, no Universal Truths are implied or intended but sometimes talking to Spiritual people feels like walking through treacle, in the way Treebear the Ent thought walking south felt like walking down hill. It's as though they're carrying the weight of all that Spirituality inside them and they have to maintain this high-vibrational state of existence. I've met some really 'vibrationally light', non-Spiritual people and there's this beautiful energetic glow surrounding them. Gimme that glow every time. Is this what en-light-ened really means, playing on words?

Enlightenment doesn't come to those that seek it, because in seeking it we tell ourselves that we are lacking or missing something; that we are not enough. That is out of harmony with a Universe that tells you something completely different - that we are enough. When your head isn't filled with chasing what you think you lack the Universe can show you that you already are that which you seek.
Post of the week.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

Enlightenment doesn't come to those that seek it

Tell that to Buddha

Old 13-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Tell that to Buddha

Graphics are irrefutable arguments.

Old 13-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
It's just my own perceptions, no Universal Truths are implied or intended

That's OK, I wouldn;t believe you anyway. teehee.

Quote:
but sometimes talking to Spiritual people feels like walking through treacle, in the way Treebear the Ent thought walking south felt like walking down hill. It's as though they're carrying the weight of all that Spirituality inside them and they have to maintain this high-vibrational state of existence.

That really does sound difficult.

Quote:
I've met some really 'vibrationally light', non-Spiritual people and there's this beautiful energetic glow surrounding them. Gimme that glow every time. Is this what en-light-ened really means, playing on words?

I don't even know any 'spiritual people' IRL. Even the ones I meditated with are just 'ordinary' folk. I used to know spiritual people, but my eyes got sore from rolling them all the time and I gagged a lot.

Quote:
Enlightenment doesn't come to those that seek it, because in seeking it we tell ourselves that we are lacking or missing something; that we are not enough. That is out of harmony with a Universe that tells you something completely different - that we are enough.

Wow. Talking universe. Quite right, though, the universe isn't judging who you are, so you're free to be yourself.
Quote:
When your head isn't filled with chasing what you think you lack the Universe can show you that you already are that which you seek.

Totally. Stop seeking what isn't here, and start noticing what is.
Old 15-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Post of the week.
Thank you. Note to self:- You're slipping kiddo. Just a week???
Old 15-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That's OK, I wouldn;t believe you anyway. teehee.
Oh well, reputation blown I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That really does sound difficult.
It can be, depending on who I'm talking to. Most people have done it somewhere along the line, there are people we find heavy going in conversation even in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't even know any 'spiritual people' IRL. Even the ones I meditated with are just 'ordinary' folk. I used to know spiritual people, but my eyes got sore from rolling them all the time and I gagged a lot.
Yeah, those were the ones with the treacle to wade through but jam is tastier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Wow. Talking universe. Quite right, though, the universe isn't judging who you are, so you're free to be yourself.
That's when the good stuff starts happening and nobody judges you for playing in the puddles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Totally. Stop seeking what isn't here, and start noticing what is.
And that's where the fun really starts.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Tell that to Buddha
Like most other gurus, he was considered enlightened by virtue of the people who considered him enlightened. Spiritual fandom. By the way, that doesn't mean I don't respect him or any other guru, I'm just not going to bust my chops trying to be something or someone I'm not.

The thing is, while we're trying so hard to emulate someone else we're not realising how awesome we ourselves are. Spirituality isn't the only game in town and some people are enlightened to that concept.

Quote:
Graphics are irrefutable arguments.
That's why he's hailed as a guru.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh well, reputation blown I guess.

It can be, depending on who I'm talking to. Most people have done it somewhere along the line, there are people we find heavy going in conversation even in here.

Yeah, those were the ones with the treacle to wade through but jam is tastier.

That's when the good stuff starts happening and nobody judges you for playing in the puddles.

And that's where the fun really starts.

Yes, it might be time leave the treacle pot.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Like most other gurus, he was considered enlightened by virtue of the people who considered him enlightened. Spiritual fandom. By the way, that doesn't mean I don't respect him or any other guru, I'm just not going to bust my chops trying to be something or someone I'm not.

Dear friend

I doubt that very much, but also understand why and respect why you would want to conceptualize it in that bucket - it makes the rest of your argument more congruent with yourself

Quote:
The thing is, while we're trying so hard to emulate someone else we're not realising how awesome we ourselves are. Spirituality isn't the only game in town and some people are enlightened to that concept.

And this is where you really reveal yourself. The use of the word "enlightened". It's not a myth or "understanding" - and given that this is a spirituality forum, it seems relevant that people understand that enlightenment isn't just a slogan or myth.

As to the only game in town, not at all, there's poker down the street for one

Quote:
That's why he's hailed as a guru.

That's not my statement.

Jesus: seek and ye shall find (another presumedly Fandom Master for some).
Old 16-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Against what objective standards do you judge that? Enlightenment is anything anyone says it is so not enlightened can be anything anyone says it is. Just like Spiritual. So, the good news is that you can call yourself Spiritual and Enlightened and nobody will call you our for it because it's only your word against theirs.

The standard is being awake. Everyone has the potential, yes, but it's not awakened in everyone.