Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Hearing my pet After she has crossed over

Hello everyone, On Feb. 28 2017 I had to help my sweet Izzybee cross over the rainbow bridge, She was 20 years old and her body was very tired, The first two weeks I could feel her still with me, And after the weeks started passing by I noticed she wasn't around as much. this morning I got up at 5:30 am and let my other two dogs outside, and returned to bed to wait for one of them to bark to come back in. I actually heard my sweet Izzybee cough twice one single couch and then about two minutes later she did it again. Here's my question has she been here the whole time or is she going back and forth between the to places? My friend who is able to talk to her says she will be with me always and forever as a guardian angel.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Dear izzybee, I am sorry for how you must feel since Izzybee had to leave Earth. We always miss loved ones, even if we are reassured that they are fine in Spirit and even if they have shown you themselves that they are happy there. We always miss them here, and life as it was when they were around.

A similar thing happened with my Misty dog. She left....I didn't sense anything for a couple of weeks, then the first things were two dreams, which showed me the likelihood of her still being very nearby -possibly in a realm quite close to Earth.
Then one month after her passing it became clear she was close. She rushed in on me energetically which showed me beyond any doubt that she was strong and fine.
(She passed age almost 15 of Hemangiosarcoma, but had good strong youthful energy to the last few days. I feel she took all that energy with her.)

Again she disappeared....and so on, returning every week or so. Two months after her passing I literally encountered her "on the other side" and that was a vibrant, living, loving warmth of her Being. She even had a body which was warm to the touch, just like her physical body.

So I have no hard evidence here, but some have suggested she remained in the "etheric" realm for a long time. I personally think she maybe did for a little while, then found a way to transition, and return at will, on the wavelength of Love.
The reason I say that is because she has kept this up for years now. Her 'visits' are less frequent than they used to be, but each 'visit' is vibrant, alive, and she can clearly hear what is said to her by me -on the physical. In-between-times, she seems to have completely disappeared, and even my attunement to her will not cause her to return (though it did at first.) She returns when she is good and ready, for some reason I cannot completely understand yet. But I respect that, and let her go, to return when she wants to.

I know she definitely isn't dwelling in the Etheric realm and hasn't been for years. (my years.) But there have been times when I have smelled her scent....and there have been times when there have been other phenomenal occurrences. In our case I felt and heard her in the bed. In your case, you heard your girl.

Yes, if there is a very strong bond with another Soul (human or not), they do kind of stay with us. But at times they may appear to move away also. I presume this is to get on with what they have to do there. But in a heart-felt way they never leave, and wait for us.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Experiencer
Since experiences of animals differ from those of human beings, it is probably safe to say that the experience of life after death is different for them too. Some would argue that animals do not even have souls, like we do, but my opinion is that every being has a certain quality which could be described as a soul. The only pet I had before the cat I own now, was a parrot. After she died I could hear her calls years after she passed away. I would be sitting in my room, and would just suddenly hear her singing down in the living room where we kept her. I think it is very likely for an animal spirit to stick around their human master for a long time. For us it is usually something frowned upon, staying here, after our body dies. It signifies that we have attachments to this place, and are unable to move on and realise the nature of human experience. I think animal are not troubled by that, they know better and are free to do how they choose.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
I think it is very likely for an animal spirit to stick around their human master for a long time. For us it is usually something frowned upon, staying here, after our body dies. It signifies that we have attachments to this place, and are unable to move on and realise the nature of human experience. I think animal are not troubled by that, they know better and are free to do how they choose.

Yes that's what I have noticed too Azmond. They don't have the complicated fears and worries we do. They also have free-will and follow what they feel most strongly. They do what they want and need when they are ready.
I also noticed that when in the so-called "lower realms" my dog had no affliction whatsoever from negative energies, entities, or forces. It was as if she existed in a 'bubble' of her own making. You see -she had no concept whatsoever of any fears like that, and continually radiated her own steady frequency, and a single-focused thought pattern.
Interesting.....
Old 03-04-2017, 02:56 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Dear izzybee, I am sorry for how you must feel since Izzybee had to leave Earth. We always miss loved ones, even if we are reassured that they are fine in Spirit and even if they have shown you themselves that they are happy there. We always miss them here, and life as it was when they were around.

A similar thing happened with my Misty dog. She left....I didn't sense anything for a couple of weeks, then the first things were two dreams, which showed me the likelihood of her still being very nearby -possibly in a realm quite close to Earth.
Then one month after her passing it became clear she was close. She rushed in on me energetically which showed me beyond any doubt that she was strong and fine.
(She passed age almost 15 of Hemangiosarcoma, but had good strong youthful energy to the last few days. I feel she took all that energy with her.)

Again she disappeared....and so on, returning every week or so. Two months after her passing I literally encountered her "on the other side" and that was a vibrant, living, loving warmth of her Being. She even had a body which was warm to the touch, just like her physical body.

So I have no hard evidence here, but some have suggested she remained in the "etheric" realm for a long time. I personally think she maybe did for a little while, then found a way to transition, and return at will, on the wavelength of Love.
The reason I say that is because she has kept this up for years now. Her 'visits' are less frequent than they used to be, but each 'visit' is vibrant, alive, and she can clearly hear what is said to her by me -on the physical. In-between-times, she seems to have completely disappeared, and even my attunement to her will not cause her to return (though it did at first.) She returns when she is good and ready, for some reason I cannot completely understand yet. But I respect that, and let her go, to return when she wants to.

I know she definitely isn't dwelling in the Etheric realm and hasn't been for years. (my years.) But there have been times when I have smelled her scent....and there have been times when there have been other phenomenal occurrences. In our case I felt and heard her in the bed. In your case, you heard your girl.

Yes, if there is a very strong bond with another Soul (human or not), they do kind of stay with us. But at times they may appear to move away also. I presume this is to get on with what they have to do there. But in a heart-felt way they never leave, and wait for us.

We had our Cookie (dog) put down almost exactly one year ago due to advanced arthritis. We'd heard or sensed her presence infrequently several times, even quite recently. About 6 months after she was put down out of the blue I clearly sensed from her "I 'graduated'!". I'm not sure what that meant, but it seemed quite clear that she had attained some type of higher plateau.

That being said, after we had her put down at the vet, about 15 minutes after leaving the room and having our minds on paying the bill, I received a message/feeling from her of joyous wonder. Also, soon after that a communication that she would have wanted to stay with us before the deed was done, but after her passing a grateful and elated thank you was expressed.
I (my partner isn't too keen on such messages) had no thoughts or any imaginations or anticipation of receiving communication from her concerning any of these messages when they occurred.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Tedmil

I think any animal that forms a strong bond with its owner may return after death. When my brother and I were young we had a hamster pass on. We were both very sad. A few days later we both heard the distinct sound a hamster. It came and went sporadically for a few days and was gone. It spooky and at the same time healing.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
We had our Cookie (dog) put down almost exactly one year ago due to advanced arthritis. We'd heard or sensed her presence infrequently several times, even quite recently. About 6 months after she was put down out of the blue I clearly sensed from her "I 'graduated'!". I'm not sure what that meant, but it seemed quite clear that she had attained some type of higher plateau.

That being said, after we had her put down at the vet, about 15 minutes after leaving the room and having our minds on paying the bill, I received a message/feeling from her of joyous wonder. Also, soon after that a communication that she would have wanted to stay with us before the deed was done, but after her passing a grateful and elated thank you was expressed.
I (my partner isn't too keen on such messages) had no thoughts or any imaginations or anticipation of receiving communication from her concerning any of these messages when they occurred.

Hi MARDAV, my condolences on your Cookie's passing.

Yes we can and do receive telepathic messages from non-humans who love us. Sometimes those are more empathetic "feeling" things and sometimes they do translate into our language, and into word-terms which we can understand.
It is not at all far-fetched that a telepathic communication should come from a beloved animal, and be translated into words or phrases we can understand (in English!)
Though of course some people look askance a little bit at such "messages"!
But this is no different from any form of animal communication which translates into words when the impulse is received by us.

I don't get many words though. But a heck of a lot of "feelings" from my girl, and that has built up a reliable communication-network. There are so many nuances of expression which I easily pick up on.

And as for the "joyous wonder" you describe as sensing from your Cookie....then wow, yes, I have felt the same from my girl too. And a tremendous sense of peace. The most lovely peace energy I have ever known in my life.

It shows me they certainly do "go to a nice place" and want us to know about it, whenever and if they can get through to us.

I am glad you had that contact with Cookie. That's so beautiful.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
I think any animal that forms a strong bond with its owner may return after death. When my brother and I were young we had a hamster pass on. We were both very sad. A few days later we both heard the distinct sound a hamster. It came and went sporadically for a few days and was gone. It spooky and at the same time healing.

What a reassuring experience Tedmil. You are right. A loved one -no matter what species -will often make contact with us if they can.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Master
After my kitties passed over, I would feel them jump up on the bed at bedtime. A couple times I heard purring. It lasted for a few months but faded away.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Hi MARDAV, my condolences on your Cookie's passing.

Yes we can and do receive telepathic messages from non-humans who love us. Sometimes those are more empathetic "feeling" things and sometimes they do translate into our language, and into word-terms which we can understand.
It is not at all far-fetched that a telepathic communication should come from a beloved animal, and be translated into words or phrases we can understand (in English!)
Though of course some people look askance a little bit at such "messages"!
But this is no different from any form of animal communication which translates into words when the impulse is received by us.

I don't get many words though. But a heck of a lot of "feelings" from my girl, and that has built up a reliable communication-network. There are so many nuances of expression which I easily pick up on.

And as for the "joyous wonder" you describe as sensing from your Cookie....then wow, yes, I have felt the same from my girl too. And a tremendous sense of peace. The most lovely peace energy I have ever known in my life.

It shows me they certainly do "go to a nice place" and want us to know about it, whenever and if they can get through to us.

I am glad you had that contact with Cookie. That's so beautiful.

Thank you, Toby. I visited the link you kindly supply on your posts quite some time back. I visited and read again. What a wonderful message about our pets and the afterlife. Thank you for that, you've done a marvelous service. It's affirmation for me, and I'm sure for many others who read it.

Yep...there are plenty of people that would question my sanity if I'd tell them my story about Cookie. I may have thought, before my NDE, that I might be loosing my sanity in my experiences. But since I've had the NDE so much is clear to me, especially that "consciousness" survives death.

My partner and I had a dog before Cookie that we had to put down at age 7 because of a kidney infection the vet missed. Her name was Mitzi. She was the first pet I had visit me after death. Actually, it was much stronger than Cookie's. That was a few years before my NDE, and not long after she communicated with me I tried to tell myself it was imagination due to my grief. Mitzi even communicated to me that she didn't have long for this earth before we found out about her infection. And sometimes, I could look in her eyes and know exactly what she wanted. I tried to tell myself it was just my imagination...I still believed at that time, you die, you're dead...that's the end of you.

I sometimes wonder if Mitzi and Cookie are the same spirit. I haven't experienced anything with Mitzi since Cookie. I've tried...bet get nothing. With Cookie, it just comes out of the blue...but it was that way with Mitzi, too. I'm sure I'll find out after I've left this earthly life.