Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Guide
Unhappy How can I stop sleep paralaysis?

I had the worse time with it last night. The first one from last night
was more of an OBE. It was kinda scary but I can handle this stuff better

than I use to. I was in a dark storm cloud and this girl I think was a ghost
tried to scare me by saying my name in a creepy way but I could

tell she was just mischievous and I didn't get a vibe that she was evil
or harmful. Than I heard a group of people chant "One! One! One!" over

and over and till it kind of melted away. It wasn't sleep paralysis.
I have had sleep paralysis where I was dreaming I was out side of

my body more than once. This one was different.
The one from last night I was just about to fall asleep and

out of no where I was uncontrollably sliding through the air.
Usually I wake up paralysis and THEN I'm "outside of my body".

Btw the numerology meaning of 1 is a new beginning and being rewarded
for your kindness. But I got that from a google search so if you have more

insight on why they chanted "One!" over and over let me know.

Anyways after that happened every time I tried to go back to sleep

I would suffer with sleep paralysis. It was very awful. I had SP about
5-8 times last night :( (not including the first one that was more of

A straight up OBE) I just want to sleep normal!!! Ever since I've gotten
in to spirituality (its been about a year now) this has been happening.

I refuse to sacrifice my spirituality for it to stop though. I prayed
so many times for it to stop. I mean actually praying with good

intent. But it doesn't stop it. How can I stop this!?!?! I heard sometimes
when people get into spirituality they got through what I am. But I heard

that from a super religious person who is against pretty much everything.
So I don't know trust his idea to stop it that much (which is giving

up every thing spiritual even crystals so that's a no on that idea.)
The person also suggested praying which I tried multiple times with no success. (btw

this person was just a person on youtube not someone I know in real life.)

Is there any meditations or something I can do to stop this? It's been

a year and I'm sick of it.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Experiencer

First off, so sorry you are going through this; my sympathies to you.

When I first read about the chanting of the number one, I had the thought of how we all are one. This is what I believe anyway. there is a spiritual work (book, I think,) with the title "the Law of One" also. I haven't read it so can't comment on it, but it just might be something to check into? I can't really say whether it was a message to you... maybe a reminder that we all are one in spirit. But maybe not too.

Secondly, I do think that travelling a spiritual path does often effect sleep and maybe OBEs/astral projection and paralysis too. I just say this because that has seemed to be the case for me personally. Not to worry though... as these things sometimes come and go. Likely, things will get better for you where you won't be having this happen so much. As for stopping it entirely, I'm not sure if you can do that. And some people who do not have any spiritual interests have this go on for them too.

My advice is to do your best to not think about it at all. Hard to do, i know. But i just feel the more you think about sleep paralysis, the more it will happen.

And I know how you feel about not being able to give up on your Spirituality. And I really don't think you should do that. It's not always easy... I would say it has been anything but for me sometimes. But I think it will get easier for you. I sure hope that it does.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenphina
First off, so sorry you are going through this; my sympathies to you.

When I first read about the chanting of the number one, I had the thought of how we all are one. This is what I believe anyway. there is a spiritual work (book, I think,) with the title "the Law of One" also. I haven't read it so can't comment on it, but it just might be something to check into? I can't really say whether it was a message to you... maybe a reminder that we all are one in spirit. But maybe not too.

Secondly, I do think that travelling a spiritual path does often effect sleep and maybe OBEs/astral projection and paralysis too. I just say this because that has seemed to be the case for me personally. Not to worry though... as these things sometimes come and go. Likely, things will get better for you where you won't be having this happen so much. As for stopping it entirely, I'm not sure if you can do that. And some people who do not have any spiritual interests have this go on for them too.

My advice is to do your best to not think about it at all. Hard to do, i know. But i just feel the more you think about sleep paralysis, the more it will happen.

And I know how you feel about not being able to give up on your Spirituality. And I really don't think you should do that. It's not always easy... I would say it has been anything but for me sometimes. But I think it will get easier for you. I sure hope that it does.

Thanks a lot for your post :) I know what you mean about not thinking
about it. That does help. But sometimes it's hard not to because I question the most simple things a lot so it's hard not to contemplate so complex.
But I guess I just have to ignore it. Thanks for your advice
Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Guide
Instead of fighting it, why don't you work with it. It's something that a lot of people would give their right arm to be experiencing.

I'll tell ya, if you just learn to relax and control your thoughts while you're in Sleep Paralysis, you'll be able to control your experiences a lot better AND get a good nights rest at the same time. ;)
Old 04-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
Instead of fighting it, why don't you work with it. It's something that a lot of people would give their right arm to be experiencing.

I'll tell ya, if you just learn to relax and control your thoughts while you're in Sleep Paralysis, you'll be able to control your experiences a lot better AND get a good nights rest at the same time. ;)

Thanks for your advice :)
I had control of them for a while but last nights
experience was just too much. I guess I'll just try
to deal for now :)
Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
GregoryScott

The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during the dream state or REM state. And you are becoming conscious while your brain still thinks you’re sleeping. But I’m sure you already know this.

That being said, I’m with Xanth on this one. This is what we strive for during meditation, astral projection etc… There’s nothing to fear, you’re not given anything you can’t handle.

As for your search on the meaning of the number one, it looks as if you were lead in the right direction. One can also represent harmony, unity, peace; God.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryScott
The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during the dream state or REM state. And you are becoming conscious while your brain still thinks you’re sleeping. But I’m sure you already know this.

That being said, I’m with Xanth on this one. This is what we strive for during meditation, astral projection etc… There’s nothing to fear, you’re not given anything you can’t handle.

As for your search on the meaning of the number one, it looks as if you were lead in the right direction. One can also represent harmony, unity, peace; God.

Yeah I do remember reading about it meaning harmony and unity.
and yes I do know the scientific explanation for sleep paralysis very well.

And thanks for the advice. I just feel like I'll be harmed during
sleep paralysis.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Master
I hate sleep paralysis.........I had it the other night and I heard voices in my home and movement and I couldn't wake up at all and couldn't move at all. I just try to learn to accept it and basically force myself back to sleep.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I hate sleep paralysis.........I had it the other night and I heard voices in my home and movement and I couldn't wake up at all and couldn't move at all. I just try to learn to accept it and basically force myself back to sleep.
Spiritlite.

Creepy . Once I even saw people in my room before. It really
sucks. It's so weird but there's not much one can do about it :(
But hopefully it will just make us stronger
Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Master
yeah and another time I was sleepign all night on my back and there was a being just watching me, standing over and watching me the entire night sleep I had and I could NOT wake up so again I just forced myself to sleep it's a creeeepy feeling like you said.
Spiritlite