Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Master
where did the original concept of reincarnation come from?

Ok, so every now and again I like to delve into areas of which I have no belief in, just to check myself mostly, see if anything changes etc etc.
I do not believe in the stereotypical explanations for a few things, reincarnation and past lives are among them.

So I was pondering things and drifted into a state of non planned obe, where I began to express my pre ponderings, when suddenly I stopped relaying because I was asked a question, which consequently bought me bk, so im wondering if its going to lead somewhere and I always like a bit of research to get my teeth into!

I was simply asked, Where are the origins of reincarnation then?

And I thought for all I have read up on and the amount of people who have tried to persuade me otherwise with ideas! ive never bothered to find that out.

So I did a small amount of looking already and it appears, no-one is really sure? Or maybe I need pointing in the direction of information, I haven't come across yet.

So yeh just interested if anyone has any knowledge of the origins of this concept, where did this originate from? or by whom? Or is it infact the case no-one is really sure.

I get its history through the years in different belief communitys, but where did its energy expand from? If that fact is even out there lol

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 18-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Ascender
There's more to reincarnation than some think. I don't accept the way modern people view it as there are souls who continue as individuals after death and don't want to come back as they'll lose their identity. It implies no one has a soul of their own. The modern idea is New Age and distorted. I know a lot of people here believe in it. I'm not trying to be offensive but I think much of these past life memories are hereditary memories and being given memories from spirits as spiritual possession. Not all types of possession are evil and negative. Some spirits want others to know about them and the only way they can do it is to possess them to give them their lives memories and hope to reconnect that person. Spirits can't all talk and communicate the way we do to each other. Ghosts tend to do it through the mind or with symbols.
Old 18-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Master
Any idea where it originated from though Howla? OR where to go to find out?

Cheers Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 18-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Any idea where it originated from though Howla? OR where to go to find out?

Cheers Loopy
The concept of reincarnation probably started after Jesus Christ rose from the tomb.

Or it can go back to the days of the Rephaim (giants) and Nephilim (half human / half angel).

Rephaim or Rapha's have the ability to reincarnate after their body dies. The nephilim cannot do this.
Old 18-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Experiencer
There's a belief in reincarnation in many different cultures it depends which culture you stem from,where are your ancestors from? aboriginal and african groups believe in reincarnation and they are very old,people have probably always had a belief in it.
Old 18-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Master

people always remembered pieces of lives gone by.

kk
Old 18-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Master
I don't know where it started but it's in the bible as well as other religions.
I was Christian and actually found it in the book as I read it.
Christianity doesn't teach reincarnation but reading it 20 years ago the words were clear as day. Elijah returned as John the Baptist.
Old 18-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Deactivated Account

It has been around for a very very long time, it existed in ancient Greece, Egypt, and most Asian nations.
Old 19-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Master

http://kris10846902.tripod.com/id14.html
Old 19-06-2015, 09:04 PM
JosephSmithChristoferson

every ancient or modern human society/civilization had the concept of reincarnation, the most ancient ones and the most isolated ones all had it without contact with one another, you wont find one without it