Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Master
Do you think a lot of us were hippies?

I sometime think I must have ODed as a hippie. Born in 76.... It could have been. No memories, an aversion to drugs, and an inability to be programmed.
In a world obsessed with self, materialism and power.... I just am extremely out of place.

I work hard, and don't look like a hippie but the love for all, compassion and inability to except the shallow selfish nature of society is something I couldn't shake if I tried. I love everyone. It's not normal. Money is only a need to me, things don't matter, just love.

I wonder sometimes if the hippies were the first large wave of enlightenment in the west and maybe those of us on this path are hippies come back for the next step.

Anyone else consider that?
Old 17-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I sometime think I must have ODed as a hippie. Born in 76.... It could have been. No memories, an aversion to drugs, and an inability to be programmed.
In a world obsessed with self, materialism and power.... I just am extremely out of place.

I work hard, and don't look like a hippie but the love for all, compassion and inability to except the shallow selfish nature of society is something I couldn't shake if I tried. I love everyone. It's not normal. Money is only a need to me, things don't matter, just love.

I wonder sometimes if the hippies were the first large wave of enlightenment in the west and maybe those of us on this path are hippies come back for the next step.

Hippies weren't the only ones that felt those feelings you feel. Perhaps you were native american or a tibetan in a past life
Old 17-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Hippies weren't the only ones that felt those feelings you feel. Perhaps you were native american or a tibetan in a past life
lol good point. I didn't even think of that.
Old 17-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:

Possibly that was your past.

Have you run across this thread?
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...t=76533&page=3
Old 17-06-2015, 03:17 AM
Master
I hadn't, thank you for that.
It does seem to fit my personality.
Old 17-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Master

i know i was. but then i am older and i remember the 60's.

kk
Old 17-06-2015, 04:01 AM
Everly

I was a real hippie. Just reconnected with an old boyfriend and we were reminiscing about the sit-ins we participated in, the horror about Kent State...all of it.
Old 17-06-2015, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:

I actually suggested that very thing in another thread last month.

Their generation was on the eve of the Age of Aquarius. The timing was certainly right to be the Avant garde to help shake up the old establishment, weaken its foundations to bring in ideas like equality, love, and freedom.
It's their grandchildren now that are coming into awakened consciousness in their 20's.....
Old 17-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Ravenspirit

I'm convinced I spent time in Berkeley in the mid to late 60's in a past life. I had the most bizarre thing happen to me the first time I was there. I was standing in front of a hardware store window and suddenly there was a shift and I was still there, still "me" yet not, dressed in a very mid 60's outfit and all the cars behind me were from that era too. It lasted for about 30 seconds but eventually I felt the shift again and there I was, the "me" I am now standing there and everything was back to year 2002. I walked around that day quite a bit and it was like I just knew everything already. It was like being back in your old neighborhood that you grew up in as a child but hadn't seen in years. Everything was still very familiar but some things had changed. I think I was more of a mod than a hippie but I certainly do feel like I have retained something of that sixties mentality...
Old 17-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
I'm convinced I spent time in Berkeley in the mid to late 60's in a past life. I had the most bizarre thing happen to me the first time I was there. I was standing in front of a hardware store window and suddenly there was a shift and I was still there, still "me" yet not, dressed in a very mid 60's outfit and all the cars behind me were from that era too. It lasted for about 30 seconds but eventually I felt the shift again and there I was, the "me" I am now standing there and everything was back to year 2002. I walked around that day quite a bit and it was like I just knew everything already. It was like being back in your old neighborhood that you grew up in as a child but hadn't seen in years. Everything was still very familiar but some things had changed. I think I was more of a mod than a hippie but I certainly do feel like I have retained something of that sixties mentality...

Very cool.....