Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-04-2014, 08:39 PM
OrionStride

Different gender in past life?

I have been thinking.I have not yet done anything about past lives before(I'm starting to learn)but I just have a question.How would it feel to have memories from past lives and your the opposite gender you are now?I am a guy and I can't imagine what it would be like to be a woman,but I was just wondering.Is there like a system to let men only go men and woman only woman?Or is it just random and the soul picks?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Guide

I often think i was a man in my past life. But "Is there like a system to let men only go men and woman only woman?" i don't have an answer ...
Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 PM
livingkarma

Just let me say its best to have a purpose for a regression as well as proper preparation ...
Too many people have information revealed that causes guilt, anger & frustration that effects their daily life ...

Personally, I didn't feel the goings on of the lifetime - I saw it ...
I was as I mentioned prepared for the regression as well as had a purpose ...
The purpose allowed me to search for my answer in the things I was seeing & also deduce the information revealed ...
Since I chose to regress for a specific reason my gender was irrelevant in finding my answer(s) including the time period & surroundings ...
If one takes on too much random information it leads one away from the intended purpose of the regression ...
If one wants to know everything, then one needs to prepare for the unexpected ...
The regression reveals whatever it is you want to know in the manner it was experienced ...
If it was as a man, than your conscious will be aware of being a man & vice versa ...
As humans we always have a need/desire to control - the past life has already been lived there can be no changes ...
Good luck ~
Old 10-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionStride
I have been thinking.I have not yet done anything about past lives before(I'm starting to learn)but I just have a question.How would it feel to have memories from past lives and your the opposite gender you are now?I am a guy and I can't imagine what it would be like to be a woman,but I was just wondering.Is there like a system to let men only go men and woman only woman?Or is it just random and the soul picks?

According to the Cayce readings(the Edgar Cayce readings extensively cover this topic), people often switch sexes between lives.

There are several reasons for this:

The soul is neither male, nor female, but in order to get the necessary experiences to fully develope, the soul needs to experience both the male and female experiences on this plane.
The person chooses the sex they will incarnate into before birth, along with the conditions, family members, environment etc., in order to get the experiences they need/desire etc.
Often, if a person has been one sex for a bunch of lives in a row, they will choose to switch because they are becoming 'too' male or 'too' female. When this happens, they are often incarnated as homosexual, as they still retain the desires & attributes of the previous sex. This may carry on for a couple or more lives till they make the switch fully.
Alternatively, one may choose a life of homosexuality to gain that experience and gain compassion and to balance Karma. For example if one persecuted or abused homosexuals in one life, they will later incarnate as one in a time& place when they are persecuted, to get the experience of what they previously sowed.
The same happens for a man or woman that abused the opposite sex. They will choose a life in which they are likely to be abused by the opposite sex, in order to try to gain understanding and compassion, among other things.

Chances are you have had many lives and several of those as women.

Hope that helps.....
Old 11-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionStride
Is there like a system to let men only go men and woman only woman?Or is it just random and the soul picks?

one of the most aggravating things is remembering when you were the opposite gender and preferring it... but not being able to actually taste it.

I guess you pick sigh.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Dante1709

I'm pretty sure I have been a woman in my past life(s). I consider myself a feminist and I feel as if I empathize with rape victims, although never actually being a victim of rape or sexual assault. I don't even solidly identify as a man, either though.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:44 AM
Deactivated Account

I like being a woman,I hope that I was always a woman. I don't think there is an ounce of masculinity in me.*throws long hair back*

No,but that is very interesting to learn that it is indeed possible. I am almost certain I have always been a woman. Who knows what the next lifetime will offer,If I come back a man I would hope to treat women with the utmost respect and sincerity.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:44 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
one of the most aggravating things is remembering when you were the opposite gender and preferring it... but not being able to actually taste it.

I guess you pick sigh.

That's the reason its best to have a purpose/objective for the regression, otherwise, one picks up information that can cause an issue &/or interferes w/daily life ...
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Master

Some gay people of the world were the opposite sex in their last incarnation. That is why they are having such a hard time in this incarnation. They might feel odd in the body of the opposite sex.

But not all.

I have memories of past lives of both sexes; some as women, some as men.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Experiencer
I'm pretty sure I was a man in my past life (lives)... I get along best with men and most of my (girly) female friends confuse me--especially when they talk about their feelings and (unrealistic) expectations of their boyfriends/husbands.

Also, when I was younger--and before people decided they wanted to know the sex of their child before birth--my mother said, "I was 100% sure you were going to be a boy. We had the perfect boy name picked out for you and started buying boy clothes--I was shocked when they doctor said you were a girl--we had to think of a girl name at the last minute!"

So, now that I'm older and have read about past lives, it all makes sense...