Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Is I AM defeatable?

Slowly but surely I am turning to or into I AM. In many ways it is against my wishes. I prefer "we are" or "God is".....but the inexorable I AM is taking its hold.

My underlying belief is that ever since some humans discovered I AM and started practicing I AM it has slowly spread its influence and established its spiritual grip on the human psyche.

My understanding is that at the dawn of the human race I AM was unknown. The primitive people were "we are" or "God is" or something vague and unidentifiable.

I AM has tremendous power and influence and I believe that it slowly conquered the free spirit of the human race. Until today when everything is all about the self, me, I, etc.

So my question is: is I AM defeatable? How can the human race break free from the power of I AM (should it wish to)?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Slowly but surely I am turning to or into I AM. In many ways it is against my wishes. I prefer "we are" or "God is".....but the inexorable I AM is taking its hold.

My underlying belief is that ever since some humans discovered I AM and started practicing I AM it has slowly spread its influence and established its spiritual grip on the human psyche.

My understanding is that at the dawn of the human race I AM was unknown. The primitive people were "we are" or "God is" or something vague and unidentifiable.

I AM has tremendous power and influence and I believe that it slowly conquered the free spirit of the human race. Until today when everything is all about the self, me, I, etc.

So my question is: is I AM defeatable? How can the human race break free from the power of I AM (should it wish to)?

Not another ' I Am ' Post, gosh Honza it seems to be tormenting you.
You can't be influenced into believing it, nor can you think yourway , it is a ' Knowing ' not a ' Thinking '

Just let it happen..
Old 13-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I would say the opposite is true..
A separate God demands worship, laws to live by, and seeing God as a person creates a social relationship and appeal to human emotions. I believe that is capable of conquering the free spirit of the human race. When we instead focus on humanity, and spiritually on our own divinity, we are more free..

Quote:
You can't, not permanently. It will be rediscovered. A very strict and orderly religious society could hunt it down and try to keep things 'clean', but always the desire for freedom, materially and spiritually, finds its way out again.
Old 13-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:

Yes it might be very hard to break free from, if people even want to in the first place. I hope you can for your sake :)
Old 13-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Yes it might be very hard to break free from, if people even want to in the first place. I hope you can for your sake :)

What spirituality do you practice?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Knower
Keep hold of the I AM. Otherwise you leave yourself open to control by others.
Old 13-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Master

Quote:

Too late Honza! The I am is akin to being assimilated by the BORG in Star Trek and checking into HOTEL CALIFORNIA...once you are assimilated you are screwed and though you can check out any time you like, you can never leave! LOL! Enjoy your brainwashing and total loss of soul, self, ego, id, persona, higher self, we, us, god, and I! Happy Trails Dude! Keep us posted on any subsequent descent into oblivion and madness! LOL! :-)
Old 14-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:

There is a way...You may not like it or like to hear it, but there is a way.

Like you, I have had that experience deep in my heart where "God IS" or that "God is everything, everywhere at every time" and this also INCLUDES, but it is NOT solely limited to anything I AM whatsoever.

When my individual Consciousness becomes fully merged in or associated with that, there is really no "I" left to be/do anything! and to say "I AM it" seems so arrogant, so prideful and self-focused when one could also rightfully say that everything IS that.

I was listening to Alan Watts last night and apparently there are people who can not only see that God IS everything, but are also able to do that backwards and say that THEY are also everything.

The universe does not exist independent from themselves, just like flowers can't exist without insects and vice versa...So they MUST contain the whole universe within, so that is where they get the whole "I AM" thing from. For MOST people, it is like this...but for a select few of us, like yourself and myself, we have a learning disability when it comes to trying to understand and see that...our perception allows us to see it and to fully integrate it only ONE way, but NOT in reverse...we just can't do it...and no amount of others telling us that is so, will make any difference because our minds and brains just do not WORK THAT WAY!

So the only thing we can do, is to love and trust God with ALL our heart and forget about the whole "I AM" thing...FORGET it! and if others want to make it an issue with you, tell them that you have your own beliefs and would prefer it if they would go away and leave you TO them...and if they persist, you can take solace from the story of Noah....Next time the world gets destroyed, those who believe in the "I AM" will be the very FIRST to die!
Old 14-01-2019, 03:54 AM
janielee

Quote:

Are you using the term "I AM" to mean ego and selfishness? If so, I don't think you've groked it!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...79#post1315179
Old 14-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Master
Is I AM defeatable?

Quote:

Honza,

....if you understand that what you've been repeatedly calling I AM is simply a metaphor for Infinite Consciousness. You and I, and everything there is, are made of Infinite Consciousness, because It is ALL THERE IS.

Without Infinite Consciousness....you wouldn't even be able to ask such a question as, is I AM defeatable? How can the human race break free from the power of I AM (should it wish to)?

....without using your own irreplaceable consciousness you depend upon to raise it?

I AM is not other than us. I AM IS US.

God and Consciousness (we are one)!

Hope this helps....

Reference: https://www.esolibris.com/articles/r...sciousness.php
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 14-01-2019 at 08:56 PM.