Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Knower
Ways to increase meridians ability that are not qigong

As i understand in qiong you increase the ability of the meridians to pass qi through them from the outside universe

What are other methods and ways to increase the meridians capacity to transfer qi ( talking about other methods like tai chi etc but also talking about tiny things you can do to improve this ability "once a day look to the sky say "fdshfds" and sneeze" "eat red cabbage with peanut butter" etc ) - the more options i get the better - thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
As i understand in qiong you increase the ability of the meridians to pass qi through them from the outside universe

What are other methods and ways to increase the meridians capacity to transfer qi ( talking about other methods like tai chi etc but also talking about tiny things you can do to improve this ability "once a day look to the sky say "fdshfds" and sneeze" "eat red cabbage with peanut butter" etc ) - the more options i get the better - thanks in advance

By using food, herbs, Qigong, Tai Chi, acupuncture, or acupressure, the flow of energy in the meridians can be stimulated, restoring balance and health.

Acupressure is very easy to learn, just Google....
Old 12-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Knower
I asked this cause i read somewhere that acupuncture increases the ability of merdians ability to transfer chi but it said its only for a short time (unlike qigong) would you agree ?
Old 13-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Master
Quote:
I asked this cause i read somewhere that acupuncture increases the ability of merdians ability to transfer chi but it said its only for a short time (unlike qigong) would you agree ?

You put to much emphasis on How much, How long, etc:

Just do what your Body tells you to do, enjoy it rather than time it..
Old 31-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

I completely agree with this. I think it stems from the fact that acupoint stimulation, like acupuncture, can stimulate the meridians to make adjustments to the flow of qi but it doesn't necessarily adjust the root from which the pattern of qi originated.

Qigong, on the other hand, deals with - for lack of a better term - 'rewiring' the meridians and the flow of qi, by making adjustments to the habits and adaptations that are bodies have made in response to our state of mind, posture/movement, external and internal health, etc. In other words, qigong is a far more advanced tool when it comes to getting in touch with your body and establishing the sensitivity needed to produce more permanent changes. For this reason, I always recommend individuals who are pursuing acupoint treatments to regularly practice qigong.

In addition, it's important to understand the nature of the condition. Why is the qi obstructed? Above I listed a few different things that can influence meridian qi. Knowing this can give an individual a better handle on their treatment.

If the imbalance/obstruction is predominantly the result of the mind, yielding what is often called 'emotion stored in the body' or 'emotion caused disease', then acupuncture might be able to give just enough of a stimulus to temporarily take the body out of its 'slump' per se, to allow one to discover the epiphany which will catalyze the change of mind needed to achieve a lasting resolve. Be aware of the fact that the acupuncture is only an assistive therapy in this sort of case. Intentional reflection and many times rationalization are the primary therapy.

If however, the condition of the meridian qi is rooted in a physical pathology, then the treatment will be entirely different. Usually by regulating the function of the zangfu and physiological internal organs themselves, as they are codependent with the state of the meridians themselves. Qigong practices can optimize the flow of meridian qi which will greatly provide encouragement for the internal organ to operate in the best setting possible.

The time where acupuncture and other acupoint treatments like it (eg. acupressure, massage, bloodletting, guasha, cupping, adjustments, stretches, etc.) ought to be employed is when long-term imbalanced patterns begin to consolidate and materialize. Such as blood stasis, tissue adhesion, necrosis, cirrhosis, atrophy, late stage conditions, etc. blood stasis, fluid and tissue adhesions can be the precursor of poor circulation of qi in the meridians. When this is the case techniques like guasha, cupping, bloodletting, massage, internal medicine, and as a last resort, laproscopic surgery can be used to tackle the pathology from both a material and an immaterial angle. I can't think of a case where large scalesurgery has ever enhanced the flow of meridian qi.

When these late stage and more extreme portions have been addressed the meridian qi will very quickly improve its general ability of flowing and transferring. I hope this makes sense. So long story short, my answer is: I agree, but there are times where acupuncture and other therapies can also produce long-term results.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 AM
I assume qi can have varying density - the whole point of qi gong is to have more qi flowing through your body than you have by default.

People have reported forming qi balls from very dense qi that exert a magnetic seeming repulsion against your body (not easy to do for most people I imagine, but it involves transmitting the qi from both your palms). This makes me think that if your qi gets too dense it could be harmful to your body, so there probably is a limit unless qi inside your body acts differently or you can compensate for qi being very dense by having more control.