Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-09-2018, 05:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The premise behind that title is like when we sleep and have a dream, when we wake up our dream is gone....same when we wake up from here, that which we think is real...the Universe we know now, puff, disappears...cuz it's just a dream.
I agree. That's what I experienced during my regressions. I felt like waking up to a "real" me.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Yes I do right now which is funny because most of my life I did not believe in a personal God. But then She revealed Herself to me as Mother rather than Father and everything changed. I can't say whether She directly created everything or was indirectly responsible for the creation of the Universe but either way She is the Source and Uncreated Being.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Deactivated Account
I don't know… Years of endless prayers remain unanswered, so I'm forced to draw the conclusion that either he doesn't care about his creation or he simply doesn't exist.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Experiencer

It is evident that man could not create this creation. A higher power created the earth. In situation which seemed helpless or there are nothing mankind could do, a miracle happened. This is from the higher power named God which has saved people from certain death in war, saved people from harm and saved life when nothing humanly can be done. I recognize however that there are times when people died in war, children have died of illness and accidents and others have suffered despite praying to God for relief. Why this happens, one doesn't know.

I don't believe that there is more than one God or higher power because if there was, they would fighting over who was right or what should be done or fighting over power. In Greek mythology the Gods are from time to time fighting with each other for power, control or domination. Unless the Gods had one God who was very powerful and could control infighting among the Gods, it would be very difficult to have Gods who were in unison with each other.

This is my thought on it and I'm in no way judging someone who believes differently.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Master
For Hindus and Buddhist, the Supreme God was Trimurti.

For Jewish, Christianity and Islam (yea they all have the same God(s), the Supreme God is Elohim, Yahweh, Adonai, etc. and in some cases "we are all gods".

Oddly, all of the God(s)/god(s) are virtually removed from mankind's consciousness. I guess God(s)/god(s) is/are not important any more.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
For Hindus and Buddhist, the Supreme God was Trimurti.

For Jewish, Christianity and Islam (yea they all have the same God(s), the Supreme God is Elohim, Yahweh, Adonai, etc. and in some cases "we are all gods".

Oddly, all of the God(s)/god(s) are virtually removed from mankind's consciousness. I guess God(s)/god(s) is/are not important any more.

Buddhists mostly don't believe in God. Trimurti plays no part in Buddhism.
Old 23-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronesslucy
It is evident that man could not create this creation. A higher power created the earth. In situation which seemed helpless or there are nothing mankind could do, a miracle happened. This is from the higher power named God which has saved people from certain death in war, saved people from harm and saved life when nothing humanly can be done. I recognize however that there are times when people died in war, children have died of illness and accidents and others have suffered despite praying to God for relief. Why this happens, one doesn't know.

I don't believe that there is more than one God or higher power because if there was, they would fighting over who was right or what should be done or fighting over power. In Greek mythology the Gods are from time to time fighting with each other for power, control or domination. Unless the Gods had one God who was very powerful and could control infighting among the Gods, it would be very difficult to have Gods who were in unison with each other.

This is my thought on it and I'm in no way judging someone who believes differently.

You say some very odd things baronesslucy. Some of those things however if related to specific trains of thought may not so far out. But that would mean long masses of discussions.
You say it is evident that man did not create this creation - well, no-one has ever suggested that. If the whole span of evolution is equated to be 24 hours mankind has only been here for five minutes.
If a higher power created this 'earth' then who created the higher power...
I for one, and I'm not alone, would dispute the possibility of miracles - there are no such things, this would mean that natural laws would need to be suspended. They then cease to be laws.
The higher God who apparently saved lives in war must have been the one who caused the wars in the first place. This because we are (apparently) all subject to living God's will.
Prayers have only seemingly helped where a positive result has been seen. Many prayers go unanswered so we see nothing. If I pray for rain tomorrow because my cattle are dying and you pray for a few hot days because you are going on holiday - who wins...
If things are caused to happen then surely we have a right to know why they happen, especially if they happen to us...
If the reason we have only one god is because they would be fighting with each other for power means that this must have been thought out beforehand…

Just my thoughts.
Old 24-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

sadly if so, because many feel the need to see in order to believe. Jesus taught that we must worship in Spirit. the orginator of this post said that basically "scientist" have'nt found any trace of a God. well maybe because he's a Spirit, and his Heaven is an invisisble realm. NO eye or man made machine will see this. i often wonder why is it that many believe, if you can't see it, then it's not real. though we can see all of Jehovah and Jesus creations. even though someone claimed "bigbang". my question would be then how did that get started. though MANY said they couldn't explain.

who's really behind this? satan! he blinds the minds of the unbelievers, (2Cor.4:4). he has people throughout the earth, (though they don't know this). believing that there is NO Supreme being. and again they want to say "NO God created the earth." well... news flash, since Jesus is also called a "god", there were TWO!... who created the Earth, everything in it and out of it. what gets me, the same ones who say there is NO God. have claim to see dead love ones. if so, did evolution have anything to do with that too? my point, there's NO explanation for why many see the dead. yet it's mostly accepted as truth. so why can't MANY accept the fact that there may just be a Invisible Supreme God? peace
Old 06-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Experiencer
I would say I'm an Agnostic Theist; I believe in the existence of God but I do not necessarily believe God is the "be all, end all" of existence. My life's work revolves around the Self As God paradigm; I believe Self and God can be joined through focused/conscious effort on the part of the willing individual, and that Self need not be subservient to God, but rather that Self and God are essentially one and the same. Obviously this flies in the face of many religious/spiritual paradigms, however, I am taking a calculated risk, and I sincerely believe I am doing the right thing. I believe my efforts will pay off in the form of self-deification/illumination and that I am taking the most successful route.
Old 29-10-2018, 06:38 PM
Experiencer
I don't believe any gods worshipped by humans exist in reality, but are a product of the human mind.