Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Pathfinder

Question 'Feeling' the lord

Hi everyone. Lifelong fence sitter here. I sometimes go through phases where I question whether god is real. I tend to not follow any religion or spiritual teachings, as i feel like i've never really 'fit in' to any. I've also never 'felt' his spirit inside me. Why is that? Is it because i don't really believe it? I want to...sometimes i think i believe in the lord. But most of the time i don't.

Any advice?
Old 18-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
Hi everyone. Lifelong fence sitter here. I sometimes go through phases where I question whether god is real. I tend to not follow any religion or spiritual teachings, as i feel like i've never really 'fit in' to any. I've also never 'felt' his spirit inside me. Why is that? Is it because i don't really believe it? I want to...sometimes i think i believe in the lord. But most of the time i don't.

Any advice?

Stop trying, just be, and in the stillness of being see what comes along
Old 18-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Master

It takes patience and dedication to realise the truth. The spiritual path isn’t easy and contains no easy truths or realisations. Finding God does not come naturally to people. It is counterintuitive and often highly irrational. If you have any sort of attachments to the material world or material things, you are not going to find God, because you can’t live in Spirit. It is actually through the Holy Spirit that God is realised, but if you’re not ready to receive it, you will be unable to connect to the Source of it all. You must prepare your body to live in Spirit, to be in communion with it and that takes sacrifice. There is a spiritual rebirth that happens when you give up your earthly attachments and prepare to live in communion with the Holy Spirit. Baptism is symbolic of that, but it is just a symbol, not the real thing. That is why Jesus talked about Baptism by fire, that fire is the Holy Spirit itself, it is what burns away the impurities and sins that tie us down to the gross, material world. Once you are of Spirit, the self-erected wall that separates you from God is gone and though you may still walk the earth, you are of heaven and in heaven already.
Old 18-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Master

Quote:

Any advice?

next time youre in the space where you feel belief try focusing on emotional feelings for God, whether love or desire but centred on the emotions not really even thinking about beliefs. this is to set up a heart place for experiences. I don't know how to give any better ideas I just think feelings are way more what its about than head space
Old 19-02-2019, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:

Any advice?

Feelings follow facts. We rejoice in the facts.
If you doubt the facts you will have problems "feeling Him".
So, focus on the facts.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein