Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Seeker

What is it about this guy??

I am an alternative woman and I know this guy from the alt scene. By know I mean I see him often in clubs and concerts but we never talked.
First time I saw him was about 6 years ago.

I don't know what it is about him but whenever he looks at me I hyperventilate and can't think straight.
One time I was in a pub with friends and our eyes met. It was electric for me. I felt aroused. And again, somebody who I never talked looks at me and I feel aroused.
Or this weekend they walked past us, he checked me out and smiled at me and I was gasping for air and couldn't think straight for half an hour.
I think he might have made a move. I was standing alone and he came very close but unfortunately, my guy friend decided to talk to me so he left.

He was the one who inspired me to start working on my goals and better myself because I thought if I want a guy like him I will need to have something to offer.

I don't know, I feel like I'm connected to him and I feel like he is the ONE as no other man made me feel like he does just with his mere existence.
But on the other hand, I feel like I'm just obsessing over something that exists in my head only. Is there any way I could figure out this?
Either way, I need some solution as I need to focus on myself at the moment, I can't afford "wasting" too much time on guys. Now my career is my priority, just when I am confused that's when I tend to lose focus.
Old 13-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Lorelyen

Nice.... but it probably isn't that strange; just that you react fairly sensitively. And you aren't alone. I dare say many unattached people react sharply to someone they see and perhaps have known in sight for a long time. Although the nuances are different, something similar happened to me...a guy walks into a gig and I can't take my eyes off him. I'd have given a lot just to be with him a while to find out because...yes, he fired me up all right. Sadly I never got to speak to him and never saw him again but the encounter is written deep in my memory.

Like it or not, in the sensual stakes looks are important. They do fire physical responses that can reach deep into our basic drives. Final analysis, it's usually sensual/sexual. But whether there's the stuff of a deeper relationship there can't be determined. It might not even be a good sexual encounter but even so, what? when it reaches its limit?
If you're career minded it won't matter too much. Just inveigle a chance to flirt (or something) with him, see how it goes. Career-minded people are more or less forced to share themselves between career and people anyway.

Good luck.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Newbie ;)

I wouldn’t let it worry you too much

Everyone has that person either from their past, or in the present that they simply found irresistible. I think it’s nice as a reminder we are sensual beings, and it also releases those romantic feelings... the ones you see in movies

I would say try to remember at the minute, it is simply a fantasy. You don’t reallt know him and if you’re sure you want to commit more to your career at this time then this is the right thing to do.

It couldn’t hurt to maybe talk to him however, you may find you’re both career minded and it COULD actually work out, never hurts to ask a simple question
Old 15-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Seeker

Thank you. I'm really career minded, just this time, first time in my life I really need to focus on that and not googling "10 signs that guy likes you" :)

Thanks for the answers. Maybe I will just take it that finally I'm more in touch with my sensual side.
Old 15-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Master
well I don't want to blow your career, but personally I think you should try to talk to him as others lightly suggested. I mean if it was just your sensual side then wouldn't you have these feelings other times? perhaps it is nothing special, but maybe it is meant to be, even if it's just to learn a little lesson that might not even be related to him at the end.. however perhaps it's meant to be for a longer period or for the rest of your life. and if it is, then an ideal relationship or partnership shouldn't get in the way of a career, they should be a support system and make it better not worse. just saying I think you're having a rare experience here and it might just be random lust, but what if it isn't.. I guess you will see as time goes on and if you keep seeing each other. I suppose in conclusion I'm saying maybe you shouldn't close yourself off to the situation/person one way or another. how much of a point is there to concluding in your mind that you definitely never want to give this person a chance? Now, a beginning conversation can be very awkward and hard to get over, so I guess depending on how that goes would be telling of any deeper meaning behind these encounters and feelings you're having.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Seeker

Oh, lol, must have been a Freudian slip as I wanted to write I'm really NOT career minded. At the age of 38 finally I know what I want to do with my life, how to change it as I work as a housekeeper and this is really not what I want. I need to study and focus on the career right now. All my life I ruined chances because of men, because I was longing and became obsessed with them.
It's like I have a one way mind.
I met that guy a week ago, since then the only thing I do is keep replaying that time. I haven't even touched my books to study. And this is why I was asking this question.
It' oh I just had a thought that maybe this is my "test", to let go of the old thought patterns I have and when I succeed, maybe it will work out at the end. I will meet him again but I wouldn't want to ruin it and with my state of mind at the moment I'm pretty sure I would.

Hmmm, thanks for the thought-provoking answers.