Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-04-2019, 02:42 AM
Master
So JB, have you anything you care to share regarding your own challenges and obstructions to manifesting lovingkindness? Particularly with those situations where you cannot or prefer not to disengage (parents, children, close family & friends). If not, no worries...

Peace & blessings
7L[/quote]

Sure.

I stay very present with what is and can seperate the external from myself. How they behave is not about my loving kindness in me. I see through loving kindness eyes. It’s been as I’ve mentioned, reflecting deeper if I’m still reacting to the external. To let all threads attached to others behaviours go in me. I don’t purposely trying to be loving kindness. I’m just being myself. I’m still wondering why you would be striving for something towards your blocks externally, when all blocks and struggles are ones own in the face of others. Reactions mean I am reacting to something of the other as myself. So what part of you are you struggling with in you through your father? If you don’t mind me asking.? One only has to sit close their eyes and drop into their being and listen to that answer arising in truth of you. Everything is within you for the external struggles. I’ve made peace in me with all family struggles against me, reacting in me. It’s been a conscious walk and direct experience to face myself, my hurt, my anger, my lack..whatever opens in me more complete back to peace in me as I am. My true nature is loving kindness. I walk as that. I don’t have to force being myself, it’s effortless. I know myself. I like myself. It’s easy to just be myself now.

Many still realising their true nature are still practicing the teachings to become them. I feel my true nature is realized in me, through the work I’ve done. As I shared actualisation for me is not putting into practice but just being what I now can be as all true nature attributes include. Life is all so different, everyone is unique. It’s only about how I move in the world as I am and am aware of as myself. In this way I meet life where life is and just respond as Myself moment to moment. Just being me..:)

��

Last edited by JustBe : 06-04-2019 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
So JB, have you anything you care to share regarding your own challenges and obstructions to manifesting lovingkindness? Particularly with those situations where you cannot or prefer not to disengage (parents, children, close family & friends). If not, no worries...

Peace & blessings
7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Sure.

I stay very present with what is and can seperate the external from myself. How they behave is not about my loving kindness in me. I see through loving kindness eyes. It’s been as I’ve mentioned, reflecting deeper if I’m still reacting to the external. To let all threads attached to others behaviours go in me. I don’t purposely trying to be loving kindness. I’m just being myself. I’m still wondering why you would be striving for something towards your blocks externally, when all blocks and struggles are ones own in the face of others. Reactions mean I am reacting to something of the other as myself. So what part of you are you struggling with in you through your father? If you don’t mind me asking.? One only has to sit close their eyes and drop into their being and listen to that answer arising in truth of you. Everything is within you for the external struggles. I’ve made peace in me with all family struggles against me, reacting in me. It’s been a conscious walk and direct experience to face myself, my hurt, my anger, my lack..whatever opens in me more complete back to peace in me as I am. My true nature is loving kindness. I walk as that. I don’t have to force being myself, it’s effortless. I know myself. I like myself. It’s easy to just be myself now.

Many still realising their true nature are still practicing the teachings to become them. I feel my true nature is realized in me, through the work I’ve done. As I shared actualisation for me is not putting into practice but just being what I now can be as all true nature attributes include. Life is all so different, everyone is unique. It’s only about how I move in the world as I am and am aware of as myself. In this way I meet life where life is and just respond as Myself moment to moment. Just being me..:)

��

JustBe, hello there! TBH I brought this up to keep the discussion real and grounded. Most of all, to keep it concrete and personal...based on personal challenges in unavoidable, difficult contexts and relationships.

The struggle, or simply the journey, is ultimately simply to be with oneself more truly and more deeply. I think that's what you're saying as well.

However, to discuss this in the abstract does not, I feel, get to the heart of it. Rather, it's only when we actively and regularly engage and situate ourselves variously, that we more deeply understand what this means on the ground, day-to-day.

It's often most acute or unavoidable (same thing) when we must deal or engage with others who may be unkind or unbalanced. Who may be even pointedly and consciously so and perhaps even specifically when dealing with certain relationships (their parents, their children, their employees, etc).

So...TBH...I do understand more deeply than most how limited some folks are (like my dad). He can be regularly petty and unkind and irregularly unstable and unpredictable. And yet I see that what gains he has made have required all his meagre efforts. Whereas so many linger in the same spaces with all the gifts of the world at their fingertips, unused or misaligned. It's all relative, truly.

But it's in these relationships and contexts where our mettle is most truly tested. And that's why it's those unavoidable, difficult, challenging relationships and contexts that I wanted to share and discuss, with regard to being and doing lovingkindness on the ground.

And it's those same things I would be very interested in hearing about from others, as well

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
JustBe, hello there! TBH I brought this up to keep the discussion real and grounded. Most of all, to keep it concrete and personal...based on personal challenges in unavoidable, difficult contexts and relationships.

The struggle, or simply the journey, is ultimately simply to be with oneself more truly and more deeply. I think that's what you're saying as well.

However, to discuss this in the abstract does not, I feel, get to the heart of it. Rather, it's only when we actively and regularly engage and situate ourselves variously, that we more deeply understand what this means on the ground, day-to-day.

It's often most acute or unavoidable (same thing) when we must deal or engage with others who may be unkind or unbalanced. Who may be even pointedly and consciously so and perhaps even specifically when dealing with certain relationships (their parents, their children, their employees, etc).

So...TBH...I do understand more deeply than most how limited some folks are (like my dad). He can be regularly petty and unkind and irregularly unstable and unpredictable. And yet I see that what gains he has made have required all his meagre efforts. Whereas so many linger in the same spaces with all the gifts of the world at their fingertips, unused or misaligned. It's all relative, truly.

But it's in these relationships and contexts where our mettle is most truly tested. And that's why it's those unavoidable, difficult, challenging relationships and contexts that I wanted to share and discuss, with regard to being and doing lovingkindness on the ground.

And it's those same things I would be very interested in hearing about from others, as well

Peace & blessings
7L

Until you understand You are loving kindness and just see the world as it is, lead as that, the rest is over analysing to try to make them fit into it. I’ve been there done all this, used others as my reflections. I grew up in a house of 7men. I have an immediate family of 67. I niggled and knarled myself through consistent self reflection, cleared out ever obstruction. Used the next lineage and the next and the next all the way back to the now. Got myself bunkered into my grounded state of balance where I know myself as loving kindness. It was seeking me, not others seeking me to be it for them. Self first, being you is aware of others as they are, you just be you. Loving kindness as your true state doesn’t dissapear if you have to remain silent, listen, walk away and let be!

Imperfection is part of perfection learning. When both meet in you, the balance is neither one or the other.

I’m sure some people strive to be perfect! Perfect everything for everyone!

I’ve dropped that idea. I prefer to just be me. ;)
Old 09-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Master
JustBe - hello there and thanks for sharing that brief little vignette on your background. That sort of thing can be very helpful for painting a broad picture in just a few words.

So, because we each speak for ourselves and your story is only yours to tell...what might you share about some of the personal challenges and obstacles you faced and still face (even if it's much easier now and you've learnt many things en route)...???

Those personal shares and stories are unique to you and no one else can speak them truly but you. That's how we each come to appreciate the universals (struggles, insights, etc) in the unique and particular (you or me).

For example, which of those 7 men or 67 relatives presented challenges or burdens which you could not escape over your childhood or your lifetime? I.e., the real, enduring, pervasive ones? I.e., how did you feel and what did you see and understand from this then or now? Such that when you encounter it even now from those you are close to & cannot avoid, you are able to practice lovingkindness.

Those are very helpful things because since they are personal and not universal, they are real and authentic to your lived experience. And yet, it is precisely here where we get to one of the universal truth of lovingkindness -- that it matters most when it is not easy. It matters most when you practice it consciously, by choice, and not for any other reason but for the highest good of the other and for of what is.

It is the difficulty you experience, that which is not lovingkindness or equanimity (such as ill treatment or abuse, etc) which renders the conscious being and doing of authentic love (lovingkindness and equanimity) so resonant with meaning and presence. To us and to all that is...meaning, come what may, it's all to the good.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
JustBe - hello there and thanks for sharing that brief little vignette on your background. That sort of thing can be very helpful for painting a broad picture in just a few words.

So, because we each speak for ourselves and your story is only yours to tell...what might you share about some of the personal challenges and obstacles you faced and still face (even if it's much easier now and you've learnt many things en route)...???

Those personal shares and stories are unique to you and no one else can speak them truly but you. That's how we each come to appreciate the universals (struggles, insights, etc) in the unique and particular (you or me).

For example, which of those 7 men or 67 relatives presented challenges or burdens which you could not escape over your childhood or your lifetime? I.e., the real, enduring, pervasive ones? I.e., how did you feel and what did you see and understand from this then or now? Such that when you encounter it even now from those you are close to & cannot avoid, you are able to practice lovingkindness.

Those are very helpful things because since they are personal and not universal, they are real and authentic to your lived experience. And yet, it is precisely here where we get to one of the universal truth of lovingkindness -- that it matters most when it is not easy. It matters most when you practice it consciously, by choice, and not for any other reason but for the highest good of the other and for of what is.

It is the difficulty you experience, that which is not lovingkindness or equanimity (such as ill treatment or abuse, etc) which renders the conscious being and doing of authentic love (lovingkindness and equanimity) so resonant with meaning and presence. To us and to all that is...meaning, come what may, it's all to the good.

Peace & blessings
7L

Hi there

I appreciate you seeking to know my personal obstacles and challenges, but I am in a new space right now, moving consciously out of the old vortex where s those stories reside now. I’ve reached a place where I am choosing a more conscious path of loving kindness and compassionate awareness. I’m also no longer tied to the old pain body, when we keep dragging up the past, I’ve noticed the focus in this way, distracts me from how I am now able to live and be. I am choosing to focus now on living with a focus on breath and staying out of old stories. I think that final sharing came about a few days ago and propelled me to remind myself to move into the space I wish to create from. So here I am.

Rehashing can create distractions. Over analysing can take you away from the simplicity of just being and moving forward with life.

You can create more of the old, if that’s where you wish to remain, or choose to create differently.

The mind body is powerfully influential to our wellness and wellbeing. When trauma is laid in peace and all beings connected in loving kindness and compassion, it’s a new cycle of creation. It’s a new creation from all that.
Your obviously still working on attaining this with your father and the masculine overall.

May you find that in you.