Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Master
[quote=Silvergirl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

Oh, so you're holding out on us eh? You write poetry and never let on! I'm mad as a wet hornet, now! (juss kiddin) Seriously, how about sharing some ~*

Youtubes have many things on, the link I posted is of a song, an oldie, and it can wait till you get home, it'll keep~*

Ha, no I don't write poetry. I have tried it couple of times though.
However I do have to write a speech for my youngest daughters wedding a couple a weeks from now so the creative juices are turning............lol
I did one for my oldest daughter when she got married 7 years ago and it went over well aside from the fact my voice and body were shaking like a leaf.........
Old 12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Master
Wink

[quote=WhiteShaman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

Ha, no I don't write poetry. I have tried it couple of times though.
However I do have to write a speech for my youngest daughters wedding a couple a weeks from now so the creative juices are turning............lol
I did one for my oldest daughter when she got married 7 years ago and it went over well aside from the fact my voice and body were shaking like a leaf.........

Then, may I suggest that after you write it, memorize it, because you sound a lot like me, in the sense that when I was in school, if I wrote a report and had to read it from my paper, I'd shake like that leaf, but if I had to give an impromptu report, I had no problem with self-consciousness. So, if you want to avoid that embarrassment, which I found it really really was, after all, I remember that trauma from h.s. biology class! Oof.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Master
[quote=Silvergirl]
Quote:

Then, may I suggest that after you write it, memorize it, because you sound a lot like me, in the sense that when I was in school, if I wrote a report and had to read it from my paper, I'd shake like that leaf, but if I had to give an impromptu report, I had no problem with self-consciousness. So, if you want to avoid that embarrassment, which I found it really really was, after all, I remember that trauma from h.s. biology class! Oof.

That would be great to memorize it even just from the standpoint of how much nicer it comes across. I'm not sure that is possible but I will give it a try.
With me it's not embarrashment............it's more that I just I don't talk in front of lots of people often and I will be totally out of my element. It's more nervousness than anything. Last time, once everyone got into it, laughing, crying, etc.........my nervousness stopped, as did my shaking voice...lol
Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
The only true awareness of awareness I've felt is Being being aware of Being. Simply being aware of awareness with definition of word is not all that....uh..significant, because I've experienced that too. The real awareness of awareness is your Being being aware itself. Now that type of awareness is life changing, at least in my experience.

With love and compassion,
~Moke~
Maybe that's what i'm saying, moke.. that once you get through 'talking' about it, it simply happens.. then, we can discuss what's happening without the confusion of the 'hows and whys'.. and, it is 'my' experience that what is happening is much more important than the 'hows and whys'..

Be well..
Old 12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Master
Thumbs up

[quote=WhiteShaman]
Quote:

That would be great to memorize it even just from the standpoint of how much nicer it comes across. I'm not sure that is possible but I will give it a try.
With me it's not embarrashment............it's more that I just I don't talk in front of lots of people often and I will be totally out of my element. It's more nervousness than anything.

Same diff! Like they say, just picture the crowd in their underwear!

Just have the words/speech on index cards just in case...

Old 12-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Master
[quote=Silvergirl]
Quote:

Same diff! Like they say, just picture the crowd in their underwear!

Just have the words/speech on index cards just in case...

LOL

It will be fun.......I really can't wait. Last time it went over so well that it seemed to set the mood for the rest of the wedding.
I had em laughing and crying and Aw-ing all over the place....lol

It is important that it comes from the heart I have found and a fathers speech at his daughters wedding can come from no other place...
Old 12-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Master
Talking

[quote=WhiteShaman]
Quote:

LOL

It will be fun.......I really can't wait. Last time it went over so well that it seemed to set the mood for the rest of the wedding.
I had em laughing and crying and Aw-ing all over the place....lol

It is important that it comes from the heart I have found and a fathers speech at his daughters wedding can come from no other place...

Right-on, daddy-O!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Maybe that's what i'm saying, moke.. that once you get through 'talking' about it, it simply happens.. then, we can discuss what's happening without the confusion of the 'hows and whys'.. and, it is 'my' experience that what is happening is much more important than the 'hows and whys'..

Be well..
My Experience with consciousness goes beneath layer to another layer of consciousness. Returning to different 'levels' of consciousness. I experience intuitive consciousness, universal consciousness, awareness consciousness, but with intellect it goes deeper down layer through layer to unveil the truth. Then you can look at that truth and go even deeper to see where it originated from. If you go too deep in thought you might feel crazy, because your so deep in thought. My experience if I explain deeper layers of consciousness intellect with another, they will not understand, or they would really have to think in order to understand what I'm saying. I get a lot of you are smart. But I will never forget small talk. Small talk is the building blocks of relationships. My father and I are very similar with intellect and one time we were talking for hours about the universe and I noticed the layer of consciousness got deeper and deeper, which is not something I am used to when talking with the average joe. Some people only make small talk and maybe one more layer deeper. I see that consciousness can deepen and deepen infinitely. I see it as the next evolutionary stage for mankind. A new level of consciousness I 'know' in my heart will happen. I think this is what the ancient Mayans mean't about december 21st 2012. The beginning of a new layer of consciousness. That is what has been decoded from the Mayan Prophecy. I think we'll get along just fine. You kind of opened my eyes with your post in the nature of sharing experiences. This is one of mine. What's your thoughts on consciousness? It reminds me a lot of quantum physics and their theories on consciousness.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
but take the word 'I' and see what it ultimately refers to... not what WS tells or Tzu says or Lisa agrees with...

yes, that's how it is done, look into the "I".
if by chance your looking happened to be the same as others, it doesn't, mean your a dork.
people don't loose their uniqueness because they quote ramana.

Quote:
but the sages say know thyself... not ask questions or make up answers, all that is formulated for internal discourse.

well knowing one's self is not about internal discourse.
looking to the "I" is not internal discourse.

Quote:
It's like they say, 'Just look' (tee hee).

just look is incomplete. in the first place under what context you recommend this practice of just look with no particular thing to look at, is it even possible, sure this is not applicable in real life? seriously do you go in the business of life "just looking"?

just look, just look, just look,
is it possible, is it true?
let's discuss this because this is new . while looking to the I is quite a well known practice (just google self inquiry) and not much to talk about it.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
To NS, Sound, Hybrid, I'm done, letting it go. I apologize for dragging it out.

okay, i done with my paranoia too.
tops, i'm not particularly leaned to be personal here but i do have great friends in fb.. yes, i am an electrical engr, and suffice it to say i have a scientific orientation in my approach here and i like to test things, make experiments, do peer reviews and what not.