Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Knower

How can we help a recently dead person?

My mother's sister (my aunt) died 2 days ago, we are in shock since she was a kind woman, we have buried her today according to Christian traditions. We got no sleep, prayed for her with candles as well, offered food for poor people, is there anything else we can do for her?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Master

Sorry for your loss.

I have no suggestions about what you can do for the person that passed over. I'd just want to suggest that such a loss can be very hard on those left behind, so don't overlook them, if you can!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Knower

That was encouraging, thank you!

For sure her legacy lives on, she didn't had children, but she grew me up as I was her own child, since my mother was busy with work. I am so grateful to my aunt. Where would her spirit be now? Around us, like participated at her funeral?

Do you think that she felt and feels our mourning emotions of grief?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Guide

Since your aunt was a kind woman, I doubt she truly needs you to do anything for her, directly.

Try to imagine yourself talking to her, and ask her what you can do that would make her happy. You may find that she wants all of her friends notified (especially important if she used social media), or maybe she would like a Celebration of Life held in her memory.

Or perhaps she had charities that were near and dear to her heart that she would like to see remembered in her name. You know her far better than I, so just open your mind and pull up an image of your aunt... and simply ask her mentally if there's something you can do for her...
Old 06-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Sorry for your loss you can remember your aunt for being the kind woman that she was.
you don't need to do anything for her.what you needed to do you have done.

in the world of spirit your aunt is whole again.and to make her happy you be happy that is all she wants for you,To live your life and be happy.

Namaste
Old 06-04-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

A comparable big loss motivated me to firstly learn about astral projection, then to further read, think, and have experiences related to after-life, and more.

If you're into any of these you can try to contact her. Alternatively, you might look for her into your dreams.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Knower

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't dream of her since she died, I will ask her to come in my dreams, but what if she won't come? What can it mean?

As she was sitting in hospital in her bed, the medics announced us that she will die soon, so we decided to stay with her. Years ago she said that if she will die soon, she wants to be remembered and as soon as she dies, the first person we meet to hand him or her a slice of bread, an apple and a bottle of water in her honour, so we did.

I remember very clearly, she never expressed her pain despite doing chemotherapy and injections, we could see she is suffering and still, we couldn't help enough, she died, and we regret that maybe we could have done more to prolong her life.My mother insisted for their dad to come and take her. My aunt last words were "Don't forget me" then a final tear dropped and she closed her eyes as she died, giving her last breath, hopefully she didn't go unconscious forever.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Administrator
I feel your pain but rest assured she is fine now all pain and illness have left her she is free now.ask your aunt to come to you in your dreams. but be patient because time means nothing in the spirit world.what may seem like weeks to you.could only be seconds to them.
you couldn't have done any more for her the outcome would not have changed

Namaste
Old 09-04-2019, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Dear Edmund Johnstone,
I am sorry for the great loss you and your family must feel.
Bless your dear Aunt's Soul. She sounds like a lovely, kind and loving lady.
She must be very proud of you because your compassion shines through.

The very best thing you can do for her is to hold the love for her in your Heart. This is a real living thing, and so is she, though she has crossed to a finer dimension. She will "hear" and sense your love and gratitude, and prayers you send towards her.

Whatever she loved and treasured most, she will be with. If she loved gardens, she most likely will be walking in one...only it will be so beautiful and rare and fine with the loveliest flowers ....maybe even those not seen on this Earth.

She will not forget the love for her dear ones either, and you may sometimes sense her heart-felt love. If you do, know that it is her Soul.

Be patient also. There most often is an adjustment period when someone passes over. And for some, "dream visits" are a skill that they have to learn.

But in the secret, silent space in the Heart, she will remain in touch with you. And you can do the same with her.

God bless her. And you and your family.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
My mother's sister (my aunt) died 2 days ago, we are in shock since she was a kind woman, we have buried her today according to Christian traditions. We got no sleep, prayed for her with candles as well, offered food for poor people, is there anything else we can do for her?

You all did very well and she is well