Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Seeker

What's true and what isnt?

Assume here that: truth = objective reality OR raw subjective experience

There is so much knowledge and deception out there in the world. I am still in the phase of figuring out what is true and what isn't by trial and error...

Even my own mind could unknowingly deceive itself, for example through the placebo effect or even just sheer arrogance or hubris

Dare I say that I don't have really any established spiritual facts (Truths) in my arsenal, I just have assumptions and beliefs, and I guess thats where faith comes in.

I think having this type of conflict is necessary for growth, but imagine believing a falsehood, following it to your detriment, and ending up in a tunnel of lies. However, I still think it can be an experience for potential growth in the end.

They say that wisdom = knowledge + experience. Knowledge is essentially verbiage and logic, and experience is a confirmation of those former two concepts. But what if the experience is tainted with bias or superstition? Or what if the verbiage and logic are flawed?

I think I am going to have to just accept living in a constant, almost complete state of uncertainty for now. Maybe one day it will transform into anchored knowledge, or as they say, strong roots in the tree of life.

Last edited by Pewdiepie : 24-03-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 24-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Lorelyen

What's true and what isn't?
Who can know?
Old 24-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Master

Truth is the reality we ourselves create either consciously or subconsciously

Doubt, hesitation or uncertainty are a part of the journey to self inquiry ... contemplation is useful provided we do not take ourselves seriously while inquiring

Rekindling what we had as a child ... curiosity without anticipation, trust without hesitation and innocence without conditioning / corruption ... balancing thoughts analytical with intuition ... balance means we are unclinging, detached and open to exploration ...

experimenting with rotating attributes which contract consciousness with those that expand ... love over lust, giving over grabbing, embracing rather than fighting, smiling from the heart rather than thought through etiquette, truth over falsehood ...

Once we so engage in thought, word & deed with neither judge nor jury, only ourselves as a curious & humorous observer observing ourself ... light dawns ... in certainty. In time.

Old 24-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewdiepie
Dare I say that I don't have really any established spiritual facts (Truths) in my arsenal, I just have assumptions and beliefs, and I guess thats where faith comes in.

Pewdiepie,

'Faith' is the key word here. Right now you are in a tunnel...….remembering that there is light at the end is a definition of faith. To paraphrase the familiar...…."Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of DOUBT I shall fear no evi"...…..Make faith and persistence your ally...….:)
Old 25-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Master

There is only one truth and on this the universe and everything is built; action creates reaction. That's sufficient. So be careful what you think, utter and do. Mind creates.
Old 25-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Knower
hey that's like me, it's why i have no path as i dont know for sure what the bigger picture is.
i have been following the lightworker's, especially on youtube where they say it's time, new energies and all that. i dont know if i really feel anything there though it's like you could go to 2020 and they will still be saying the same thing.
it's like with christian's oh the end times, fallen world, not long now til 2nd coming of jesus. the trouble with this is it's like a false hope where nothing is happening and year's go by.
Old 25-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Master

That which is real does not change. That which changes is not real.

And yet everything is real on its own level, even if it is unreal from a greater perspective.

Peace.
Old 25-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
hey that's like me, it's why i have no path as i dont know for sure what the bigger picture is.
i have been following the lightworker's, especially on youtube where they say it's time, new energies and all that. i dont know if i really feel anything there though it's like you could go to 2020 and they will still be saying the same thing.
it's like with christian's oh the end times, fallen world, not long now til 2nd coming of jesus. the trouble with this is it's like a false hope where nothing is happening and year's go by.
This is a fantastic post!! Finally someone who's critical about the whole ''new times and an era of peace is upon us'' belief that seems to perpetuate modern spiritual thought . I remember pre-2012 some (or many?) were preparing for the ''new energies''. And indeed, it's really not that different from many religious types that bang on about the end times. Jonestown anyone? Both groups don't observe the world in an honest and blunt way. In many ways the world is becoming a more problematic place due to population and consumption patterns, but at the same time there's no reason to suggest it got anything to do with some spiritual ''end times'' but just human stupidity and short term thinking..

If only they all helped make a better world instead of either imagining every new baby is a lightworker brought to earth or that we must pray and wait for Jesus on a white horse. What we should focus upon is what we (can) do, not what we believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer007
the trouble with this is it's like a false hope where nothing is happening and year's go by.
Hope is troublesome. The world is run on action and changed through action..
If people all took matters in their own hand and gave up on hope humanity would be more capable..

Last edited by Altair : 25-03-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 25-03-2019, 11:28 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
There is only one truth and on this the universe and everything is built; action creates reaction. That's sufficient. So be careful what you think, utter and do. Mind creates.

Thanks.

So you affirm the Law of Attraction Busby?

I always thought that contriving thoughts etc. was kind of odd. In order to get a result.

Maybe I am the one who is backward on this though.

JL
Old 26-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewdiepie
I think I am going to have to just accept living in a constant, almost complete state of uncertainty for now. Maybe one day it will transform into anchored knowledge, or as they say, strong roots in the tree of life.
When I first started thgis Journey a wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your own truth, leave the rest behind because it is not yours." That's held me in goood stead.

Tolle sai that there are two kinds of consciousness - "object" conscousness and "speace" consciousness. He describes object consciousness as being of form - knowledge and beliefs are processed by the brain/mind and are electrical/chemical processes, therefore of form. The only thing he really says abot space consciousness is that it's higher, but I suspect what he's talking about is Gnosis.

Once you anchor your knowledge you're stuck with it and often it becomes personal doctrine, and often that's a millstone areound the neck. Nobody says you can't be a free Spirit.

Your reality is defined by your definitions in short, and you've used the definition "conflict". What if you defined it as dichotomy?