Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 16-04-2019, 02:00 AM
Guide

Astrology Transit Question?

I like reading my astrological transits. However I am still learning as I go. I have one aspect listed for next week which I have no idea how to interpret. I googled it as well and nearly nothing came up.

Would anyone be willing to explain this to me because I have no idea:

Midheaven trine midheaven - 1 degree 41'

Thanks.
Old 17-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Master

Since no-one else has answered I will put in my 2 cents, although I am no expert at interpreting a chart.

Firstly, what is the midheaven? It is the highest point in the chart, and thus is interpreted as our goals and aspirations in life.

Where is the midheaven in the chart? It is usually found on the cusp of the 9th and 10th houses. But this itself raises a problem because there are different systems of houses. So the houses may be of equal size (30 degrees) or they may differ in size depending which system is used.

A trine is an aspect of 120 degrees (with a few degrees allowance on either side) between two points in our chart. This is usually a very beneficial influence.

However, in terms of transits I find the idea of midheaven trine midheaven a bit strange. A transit is usually when a planet is crossing something in our natal chart - for example Saturn crossing our natal Jupiter, or Saturn crossing our Ascendant, or Saturn crossing our midheaven, or Saturn in the 5th house. This is based on the current position of Saturn.

The midheaven is not a fixed object which we can place in the sky, so I do not see how a transiting midheaven can form an aspect to our natal midheaven.

Others with more experience may have a more definite answer.

Peace.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:12 PM
Guide

Thanks. That is why I thought but I used a program that lists all my transits and that was one of them. So I dont understand why it was even an option or if it meant something else.