Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-12-2019, 06:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
There are many ways of learning about the things and the true nature of ourselves. For some the path may be "do nothing" for others it is achieved through actively seeking and experiencing. There is nothing wrong either with doing a variety of things.

That would be right if "doing a variety of things" led toward the same true purpose of life, which, I guess, most of us don't know what it is. Isn't it?

What might be that elusive purpose of life that could be achieved both by "doing nothing", and also by "actively seeking and experiencing"?

Surely, one who doesn't know their life purpose may choose to follow some guru, or some book, but which one to choose from the many? How to choose?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-12-2019, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I also heard again that powerful sound when my spiritual body detached, it was like a sonic boom.

That sound is widely documented in out-of-body literature. Its cause is speculative. Most likely it is the result of a sensory switch as your focus of awareness drifts. The sound diminishes and goes away with practice.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That would be right if "doing a variety of things" led toward the same true purpose of life, which, I guess, most of us don't know what it is. Isn't it?

What might be that elusive purpose of life that could be achieved both by "doing nothing", and also by "actively seeking and experiencing"?

Surely, one who doesn't know their life purpose may choose to follow some guru, or some book, but which one to choose from the many? How to choose?

if ones heart is in the right place and seeking for the right reasons one will usually "know" with the inner knowing when one finds the right teachers. The inner self will guide. One does not have to be "doing nothing" to be getting inner guidance at times.
Old 28-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
if ones heart is in the right place and seeking for the right reasons one will usually "know" with the inner knowing when one finds the right teachers. The inner self will guide. One does not have to be "doing nothing" to be getting inner guidance at times.

Thanks. Maybe we both say and do similar things, but express them with different words and symbolism ...

Your "heart is in the right place" might be my "right level of trance".

Your "seeking for the right reasons" might be my "with an unbiased attitude".

Your ""know" with the inner knowing" might be my "getting your inner guidance".

Your "inner self' might be my "inner guide".

Your "one finds the right teachers" might be my "the right sources of knowledge appear at the right moment'.

Your "One does not have to be "doing nothing" to be getting inner guidance at times." might be my "get in trance and contact your inner guide".
Old 29-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Master
@Inavalan.
How you get into trance state?I'm having serious problems with this.So far i was shown the right state that i can trigger things the way i want to,only 5-6 times.I can't get there consiously and when i want to.It happens on it's own.

Maybe you should open another thread for it,since it's not the main subject of the OP
Old 29-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Deactivated Account
@Op: Congratulation on this success !
Old 29-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
@Inavalan.
How you get into trance state?I'm having serious problems with this.So far i was shown the right state that i can trigger things the way i want to,only 5-6 times.I can't get there consiously and when i want to.It happens on it's own.

Maybe you should open another thread for it,since it's not the main subject of the OP

This is how I do it: I focus on nothing and this is how I experience the hypnagogic state. Don't focus on your breath, don't focus on that blackness we see when we have our eyes closed, focus on nothing. Last night, while in this trance, I heard my dogs barking, I thought that they were demons but I've learnt to see beyond the first impressions and I understood that they were just my dogs, barking.
Old 29-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is how I do it: I focus on nothing and this is how I experience the hypnagogic state. Don't focus on your breath, don't focus on that blackness we see when we have our eyes closed, focus on nothing. Last night, while in this trance, I heard my dogs barking, I thought that they were demons but I've learnt to see beyond the first impressions and I understood that they were just my dogs, barking.
It's not working for the purpose i have in mind.I'm not sure what i'm after for,but i've been there sometimes and i can't recreate it again.Maybe it was a theta state.I'm not sure.
It was like the consious mind was missing.I can't do it by choice.
Old 29-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Master

Quote:
It's not working for the purpose i have in mind.I'm not sure what i'm after for,but i've been there sometimes and i can't recreate it again.Maybe it was a theta state.I'm not sure.
It was like the consious mind was missing.I can't do it by choice.

What do you want to achieve?

In this trance I see many things and hear voices, and sometimes my body moves in very strange ways because of the intensity of the things I experience there, in special my hands and my feets. Yes, the conscious mind is not there, it's like becoming part of a movie in your own head, the outer world completely disappears, it's like "you" are in another realm of existence. The images are very vivid and the voices sound very clear, but not all the time, sometimes I can't understand a thing.

This is how I enter in that trance, of course, I can't force it to happen, it comes on its own and it goes on its own, I have no control, but usually it happens at least 3-5 times on every session of meditation. My technique is simple, I focus on nothing and I just sit in silence.
Old 29-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Master

Quote:
@Inavalan.

I get into a light trance (20-30%) to open a clean communication with my subconscious, then I ask it for a trance appropriate for whatever experience I decided to have. I wait a few seconds until I reach that level (15-30 seconds) then go with my experience.

Different experiences need different trance levels, and you start from various levels of awakeness, so mechanically following any given technique, it's likely that you'll end up all over the place, and not reach the trance level appropriate for your experience.

To get into a light trance: I breath in, hold for 2-3 seconds, then breath out, for a total of about 10 seconds (it doesn't have to be exact, you just want to generate a little hyperventilation, because that favors getting into trance). Then, I silently say a couple of words that I set up through posthypnotic suggestion, long ago, as a trigger (another 2-3 seconds).